Player Discussion Jake Sanderson (D) PART 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
I guess that is the question, right? A year ago, nearly everyone would have, even many Sens fans. Now, I suspect some of those Sens fans would roll with Sanderson.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I would trade Sanderson for Seider one for one if that trade was ever on the table

I will admit that Seider is the better package if forced to choose between the 2, but nothing is prying Sanderson away from me by choice. He's our guy and he's going to be great. I love the way he plays and firmly believe he will be one of the best shutdown defenders in the league and will also put numbers on the scoreboard. No doubt in my mind he will also excel in the games that count.

Seider is a unicorn though, Detroit was so smart to pick him.

Reactions: bert and topshelf15

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Idk. You're Moritz Seider. You're against the boards. You've got a guy 8 inches shorter than you in your face shoving you. Challenging you. And what do you do? You look to the ref to help you out.

That's why the Leafs can't win. Matthews is 220 pounds but allows himself to be ragdolled from behind while laughing. The day Matthews turns and explodes on a guy, I'll get worried about a parade on Yonge Street

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I will admit that Seider is the better package if forced to choose between the 2, but nothing is prying Sanderson away from me by choice. He's our guy and he's going to be great. I love the way he plays and firmly believe he will be one of the best shutdown defenders in the league and will also put numbers on the scoreboard. No doubt in my mind he will also excel in the games that count.

Seider is a unicorn though, Detroit was so smart to pick him.
Seider looks like Hedman,Sandy looks like Duncan Keith...Both will be studs but for different reasons

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
We need to talk about Sanderson's masterclass of a performance against NYR.

Most TOI. 6 minutes of SHTOI. +3. Several outstanding defensive plays.

He was sensational.

I am still screaming we have this guy.

That play he made behind our net/in the corner to pick up the puck shield it with his body, then down on one knee to completely block out the Rangers forwards, shortening his hands down the shaft of the stick while making the play out the other side was ridiculous and he does that shit ALL THE TIME.

What a machine. Amazing amazing player.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
That play he made behind our net/in the corner to pick up the puck shield it with his body, then down on one knee to completely block out the Rangers forwards, shortening his hands down the shaft of the stick while making the play out the other side was ridiculous and he does that shit ALL THE TIME.

What a machine. Amazing amazing player.

Or the play to knock down puck in mid-air which would have resulted into breakaway. Or 2on1 dive that prevented pass from going to wide open man across. Or the countless board battles against Kane where he both retrieves the puck and shoots it down the ice.

It was a remarkable masterclass of defense.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
We need to talk about Sanderson's masterclass of a performance against NYR.

Most TOI. 6 minutes of SHTOI. +3. Several outstanding defensive plays.

He was sensational.

I am still screaming we have this guy.
I am constantly amazed by the guy.

One thing I can never believe is how frequently he wins puck battles…. Seems like every single time he comes away with the puck. Combination of quickness and smarts.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
He did that stuff all through college, but I wasn't sure it would translate against better players until we saw it. It doesn't necessarily show up on the score sheet, but what is the impact on a game of constantly changing puck possession to your side?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Or the play to knock down puck in mid-air which would have resulted into breakaway. Or 2on1 dive that prevented pass from going to wide open man across. Or the countless board battles against Kane where he both retrieves the puck and shoots it down the ice.

Just watching him not get tangled up against heavier players along the boards,but sit just out side and swipe the puck out of the pile and take off..Just shows how he understands his limits,and uses his strengths instead of being caught with his weakness

Reactions: Dionysus

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Jake walked the line with a defender tight at one point, and did it so quickly and slickly I actually muttered “wah” to nobody.

Hyundai?? No, JS makes Wah, and he’s just getting started.

Edit:typo

Last edited:
Reactions: SensCaper

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Seider looks like Hedman,Sandy looks like Duncan Keith...Both will be studs but for different reasons
Edvinnson looks like Hedman too. He may not have the same career or success, but there's some resemblance there.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
All I can say is it didn't take very long for Sanderson to establish himself as the best defender we have on the team. IMHO, he shot past Chabot because his defensive play is better. JS is pretty good on the offensive side as well and we'll see even more of that in the future.

Reactions: NB613

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Kudos to @BondraTime who told us at the draft how much of a beast Sanderson is.

I remember that he was high on Sanderson and I was disappointed we didn't go after more help up front and picked Jake instead. Once we picked Sanderson, I looked at him more closely and started to really like the pick. Then I saw him play and have been in love ever since

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I remember that he was high on Sanderson and I was disappointed we didn't go after more help up front and picked Jake instead. Once we picked Sanderson, I looked at him more closely and started to really like the pick. Then I saw him play and have been in love ever since
Yeah, I was on the Marco Rossi bandwagon myself, and even though I still have high hopes for him, the Sanderson pick now looks like a no-brainer.

Reactions: NB613

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

OMG yes, all of the above was amazing.

This season reminds me of the very first season Ottawa made the playoffs. Wade Redden was a rookie who stepped in and defended like a vet from the get go. The team made a huge push in the last 15 or so games to make the playoffs, beating Buffalo in the last game of the season to clinch. Redden was a huge part of that and Ottawa made the playoffs EVERY YEAR with Redden on the team after that.

Sanderson is that guy now and guess who we're playing in the last game of the season this year??

Yeah, I was on the Marco Rossi bandwagon myself, and even though I still have high hopes for him, the Sanderson pick now looks like a no-brainer.

I'm firmly in the camp that believes Ottawa got the 2 best players from the 2020 draft, and soon enough it won't even be a debate

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
OMG yes, all of the above was amazing.

This season reminds me of the very first season Ottawa made the playoffs. Wade Redden was a rookie who stepped in and defended like a vet from the get go. The team made a huge push in the last 15 or so games to make the playoffs, beating Buffalo in the last game of the season to clinch. Redden was a huge part of that and Ottawa made the playoffs EVERY YEAR with Redden on the team after that.

Sanderson is that guy now and guess who we're playing in the last game of the season this year??

I'm firmly in the camp that believes Ottawa got the 2 best players from the 2020 draft, and soon enough it won't even be a debate
3 best*

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Yes, I mentioned a few days ago that the last game of the season is against Buffalo. It would be fate & interesting to have to lock down a playoff spot with a win against Buffalo in the last regular season game of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad