Player Discussion Jake Sanderson (D) PART 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We just seem to always have key pieces out for long periods of time...We will never win anything if we can never ice our complete team for more than a handful of games

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I love the amount of crow i'm eating on Sanderson. I had mentally checked out of the draft after Byfield was picked by LA and this is probably the best 1st round we've ever had!

Reactions: NB613

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Whatever number it takes to get him here for 8 more years I'd do.

It will be a steal quickly.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You can't get too upset at a guy like Byron Bader. The man is a human algorithm - he can only hold a thought in his mind if his model puts it there.
Immnot sure if it’s his job. But his thing is he made a model that is correct *most* of the time.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Immnot sure if it’s his job. But his thing is he made a model that is correct *most* of the time.
How do you figure? His past draft rankings are ludicrous.

It's a model that actively ignores everything that happens in the neutral and defensive zones - it's exclusively production based. As a result it has a single, niche utility; it can identify the baseline dataset of all undersized Euro league scorers that may have some NHL potential. The rate of false positives here is going to be insane. It can't tell you anything about the qualitative differences between players, like what makes Kirill Kaprizov a star and Alexander Pashin a scrub.

Junk data through and through. This is a guy that knows so little about the sport he is supposedly 'analyzing' that he was double counting USHL/USDP data because he didn't realize one was a sub-set of the other.

Grift.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
How do you figure? His past draft rankings are ludicrous.

It's a model that actively ignores everything that happens in the neutral and defensive zones - it's exclusively production based. As a result it has a single, niche utility; it can identify the baseline dataset of all undersized Euro league scorers that may have some NHL potential. The rate of false positives here is going to be insane. It can't tell you anything about the qualitative differences between players, like what makes Kirill Kaprizov a star and Alexander Pashin a scrub.

Junk data through and through. This is a guy that knows so little about the sport he is supposedly 'analyzing' that he was double counting USHL/USDP data because he didn't realize one was a sub-set of the other.

Grift.
It’s a model that uses a piece of data. And I’m pretty sure he posts his stuff for free. It’s nhl equivalency numbers lol.

So I wouldn’t call him a grifter

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Whatever number it takes to get him here for 8 more years I'd do.

It will be a steal quickly.

No question. We might do bridge for the mere fact that we need numbers to work somehow. Kinda like TB did with Sergachev. Only this time, we will have the leverage of being a hockey team players are eager to sign with longterm and it's not something that will bite us in the ass.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Anybody else think we might one day have a legit debate about tim vs jake as who was the better pick?
Will probably be one the the best 'problems' or 'debates' to have. The 2020 draft is probably going to end up as our best draft of all time

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Anybody else think we might one day have a legit debate about tim vs jake as who was the better pick?

I said it awhile ago but I believe Stützle will be our most dynamic player and Sanderson will be our most important. Timmy is getting better exponentially though, never thought he'd start picking up the defensive side of center so quickly. Still think that Jake will be crucial to shutting down the top forwards in the league...if he can be blessed with a decent partner, look out.

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It’s a model that uses a piece of data. And I’m pretty sure he posts his stuff for free. It’s nhl equivalency numbers lol.

So I wouldn’t call him a grifter
It should be free, no one would pay for that crap. His model sucks.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Curious what people's opinions are after seeing Seider and Sanderson on the same ice on consecutive nights. Similar career prospects?

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Curious what people's opinions are after seeing Seider and Sanderson on the same ice on consecutive nights. Similar career prospects?
Be easier to make a comparison after Sanderson gets some more heavy matchups consistently but I think each will be their teams best defenders for years to come

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

Seider is having a bit of a down year but he'll bounce back in sure.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Seider has been pretty much invisible in every game we’ve played Detroit this season, while Jake has been doing Jake things as usual so it’s hard to tell.

People say Seider has been good against other teams, and he had a great year last year so…

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Seider has been pretty much invisible in every game we’ve played Detroit this season, while Jake has been doing Jake things as usual so it’s hard to tell.

People say Seider has been good against other teams, and he had a great year last year so…

I would trade Sanderson for Seider one for one if that trade was ever on the table

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad