Player Discussion Jake Sanderson (D) PART 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Okay nooooooowwwww we may not have a choice but to tank lmfao. Without Sandy not sure how many wins we can string together

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
would have been nice to bring him some support instead of relying on a 20 year old to carry our defense

rest up and hopefully we get closer to bedard

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This team really is cursed.

Can't even imagine what our defense will look like without Sanderson.
You’re about to see it.

Not cursed. They’re just not intense. How many times do they take hits that they look totally unprepared for. Maybe the practices aren’t intense enough because they’re all such good friends.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
You’re about to see it.

Not cursed. They’re just not intense. How many times do they take hits that they look totally unprepared for. Maybe the practices aren’t intense enough because they’re all such good friends.
we also have a lot of young players who dont have man strength who are being asked to play above and beyond in the lineup

I don't think we are cured either

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
we also have a lot of young players who dont have man strength who are being asked to play above and beyond in the lineup

I don't think we are cured either
Who’s playing above and beyond in the lineup.
Msamderson is a rookie so pass. And he’s the only player I want to keep at the moment.

But. It’s a trend here. We play the game as though we expect the other team not to play hard.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Who’s playing above and beyond in the lineup.
Outside of Giroux we have young guys playing in all top positions and some being throw into the fire ie sanderson, pinto , greig and norris initially being the top C . Another 20 year old is our top center in Stuztle

It is going to take time for these guys to understand the speed and strength

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Both goalies out, #1 center out (ok, Stü has probably taken over that mantle now) and Sanderson out.

That's a tough group to go without...
One more injury to a top player and we could drop into the last 5 teams in the standings by year end.

Reactions: Alex1234

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
This team really is cursed.

Can't even imagine what our defense will look like without Sanderson.
Well you'll get to see a lot more Brannstrom who you like so that's a good thing. I like him too.

Chabot Zaitsev
Brannstrom Zub
Holden Hamonic

Is how I'd line them up. Brannstrom and Zub looked good last year. I'd like to see Brannstrom get some PP time

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Sanderson is unreal. One play in the defensive zone Sanderson steals the puck back, waits out two players to make a nice pass along the boards which the forward bobbled and gave the puck back to the Oilers and then Sandy takes it again and breaks out of the defensive zone.

Sometimes when you play with great players like Sanderson you have to expect the unexpected and look for the pass that a regular defenceman just couldn't make.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well you'll get to see a lot more Brannstrom who you like so that's a good thing. I like him too.

Chabot Zaitsev
Brannstrom Zub
Holden Hamonic

Is how I'd line them up. Brannstrom and Zub looked good last year. I'd like to see Brannstrom get some PP time
I wonder what this teams record is when brannstrom and zub are paired. I would better it’s very good

Reactions: HSF

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I wonder what this teams record is when brannstrom and zub are paired. I would better it’s very good
Well, iirc last year when Chabot missed 15 or so games down the stretch, we played above 500 hockey and the PP was good with those two as a pair.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Both goalies out, #1 center out (ok, Stü has probably taken over that mantle now) and Sanderson out.

That's a tough group to go without...
Absolutely

Letter to the new Owners,

The Ottawa Sens suffered some injuries but that should not be a reason to give the GM and coaching staff another chance .. This song will be sung loudly ; Do not listen to it.

Long suffering fan

Reactions: Cosmix and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So he could be back for the game on the 24th against Carolina.

Ottawa has Chicago and St Louis at home then Boston on the road which is a back to back. If they can get 4 of 6 points that's 8 of a possible 10 without him. That's pretty good.

It's also forced the coaching Staff to play Brannstrom with Zub which works. It's forced Chabot to elevate his play. Maybe a blessing in disguise... A true sign you have a bad coaching staff is when injuries to star players make your team better. Happened with Stutzle too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad