Player Discussion Jake Sanderson (D) PART 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I have tempered my explanations on Sandy before he came. However he has impressed me more then any Sens rookie defender since EK. However they are two different players that play different games.

Sandy vision is amazing he does all the right things and never looks out of place or rattled.

I have to say he looks much better then Chabot has this season. He is the #1 defensemen for Sens until Chabot gets back on his game.

Reactions: aragorn and NB613

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I have tempered my explanations on Sandy before he came. However he has impressed me more then any Sens rookie defender since EK. However they are two different players that play different games.

Sandy vision is amazing he does all the right things and never looks out of place or rattled.

I have to say he looks much better then Chabot has this season. He is the #1 defensemen for Sens until Chabot gets back on his game.
He looks like he is just our #1 D period, going forward.

He won't be deployed like a #1 when Chabot is back but his game is so complete already. As long as Chabby doesn't have any lingering effects this injury may be a blessing by forcing Jake to step up and force some of the aspects of his game he was a little shy to let loose on previously.

HIs offensive tools are not even close to being completely utilized yet and I don't think we have seen his skate flat out yet either. Great composure all over. If we found a way to get EK back I think they would make an insane pairing.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Your editor would correct it to from 'two words' to 'one name'.

Besides, you can't score in Scrabble using Alexandre and Daigle.

we’re playing scrabble? Must be on the wrong site. Perhaps my point went over the heads of some people, the point is not all top five pics are sure things, such as Alexander Daigle…. PD deserves as much credit for that selection, as the scorn he receives when people slag him for what they see as a terrible pick.

Reactions: aragorn

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Awesome player. Just amazing what he is doing. In the long run, he may be the guy , when they relook at the draft, that will be the No.1 pick of the draft

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
wonder if he chose 85 as a homage to ek? That assist tonight was certainly EK like! breaks up play in the defensive zone, jumps up in the rush with speed, heads up pass, and a goal.

Kid is superstar trajectory.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This guy not getting talked about enough.

With the plethora of young talent, guys like DeBrincat killing it, and Chabot rounding back to form, I understand the lack of attention his way but it is still remarkable what a 20 year old Sanderson has been doing for us. He is the only plus defenseman on this team and almost .5 PPG with Travis Hamonic. Zub and Chabot injured means he was facing toughest competition a lot of the times.

I swear to God this guy will be our most valuable player very soon. He could be the best defenseman in the world at some(many?) points in his career.

We are extremely fortunate to have him on this team and he could be the real main reason we become playoff contenders for years to come.

He played 27 minutes two games ago and 22 minutes last game in 2 pivotal wins against top teams in the league.

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
wonder if he chose 85 as a homage to ek? That assist tonight was certainly EK like! breaks up play in the defensive zone, jumps up in the rush with speed, heads up pass, and a goal.

Kid is superstar trajectory.

His dad wore 8, which is retired for the sens. He said he chose 85 because he wanted to include 8 in honor of his dad, and in his words, because not a lot of guys wear 85.

Reactions: bert

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
His ability to win one on one battles and control the puck is really impressive to me for a rookie. He is just so fundamentally and technically sound defensively. I relax a bit when he is on D and expect him to do the right play. Like Zub in a way but with so much more added skill. Maybe they would make a great top pair.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I'm a big fan of Chabot, but I think now Sanderson has taken the mantle of our tip D-man, which is extraordinary and awesome.
He is improving quickly but he isn't there yet.

When he rounds out his game by adding the rushing and offensive zone elements that Chabby has he will be there.

Right now he plays such a safe game and is getting points from doing the basics consistently. I can see him getting points in bunches as early as next season.

Reactions: Cosmix

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
He's been our best D this year. Really hope he doesn't get a sophomore slump, but this year he's met every expectation set on him. Dorion hit a homerun with him

Reactions: DrEasy

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
He is improving quickly but he isn't there yet.

When he rounds out his game by adding the rushing and offensive zone elements that Chabby has he will be there.

Right now he plays such a safe game and is getting points from doing the basics consistently. I can see him getting points in bunches as early as next season.
Perhaps. I personally already like his offensive zone game, but I can see your point.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sanderson has been awsome for this team all yr & I like it that Hamonic plays with him & goes after anyone who touches him, we have to protect our young stars. I hope Pinto & Sanderson both win the Calder & share it, both players have been great for this team & it's another sign that the team is improving.

Greig is another young guy we can see will be very good for this team, I expect that Kleven, Ostapchuk & JBD could improve this team too. And hopefully we get a healthy Norris back next yr & Formenton if this management team will give him another chance.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad