Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I kinda like the top line f***ed up and got called up as a group

get focused

Not me.

Easy way out for Cassidy. top line been carrying them for years. Their human and their going to have off days. I mean Pasta just came off protocol. If anything Cassidy should be defending the top line and beating the hell out of Sweeney's door that they need help.

If this was an ongoing issue sure but that isn't even close to being the case.

Last edited:

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
No thanks on Hall. Felger said that he was told by a former teammate of Hall's (likely Ryan Whitney) that he was the worst teammate he ever had.

I'm still convinced that Sweeney will make a big move, I just don't see it being Hall.

They were supposedly in on Hall during the off-season. I would still totally explore that option.

If Taylor Hall is your best player and a team leader, you're probably a shitty hockey team. It's like trying to build around Phil Kessel as a core player. How quickly he went from selfish career loser to multiple time Stanley Cup champion. Not saying that is the outcome for Hall, but he's more likely to be that X factor top-6 forward than anyone I've seen mentioned.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Not me.

Easy way out for Cassidy. top line been carrying them for years. Their human and their going to have off days. I mean Pasta just came off protocol. If anything Cassidy should be defending the top line and beating the hell out of the Sweeney's door that they need help.

If this was an ongoing issue sure but that isn't even close to being the case.
Fully agree. Can't be serious. There a one line team and on a night they aren't good he calls them out. If anything call out the lack of help and call out Sweeney.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Fully agree. Can't be serious. There a one line team and on a night they aren't good he calls them out. If anything call out the lack of help and call out Sweeney.

Exactly, and if your going to call them out, do it privately they've earned that right. Im certainly not against calling them out, but show them the respect they've earned and keep it in the room.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
I appreciate this post.

Never really thought about PK being a 3rd pair guy. and yes Devils would have to retain.

What would your guess would be for the ask from Devils? Maybe a package for him and Woods?

Back in the day I always wanted Dion Phanuef on the bruins as a second pair guy. I really believe he would have excelled not being on the 1st pair.

Very good question. I agree on Phaneuf btw. Maybe a 2nd Vaak and someone like Bjork, maybe upgrade the 2nd to a 1st if they push. Studnicka should not be included in the deal that is for sure. Maybe they would be interested in taking back Moore instead of eating too much of Subban's salary.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Don't think Sweeney has the balls or assets to make the moves needed to make this team a cup contender. They are a playoff team for sure. Guess there still figuring out if there rebuilding or going for it all for the core.

Reactions: bbfan419

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Good article in The Athletic today, with anonymous NHL executives making deadline trade proposals:

Perfect NHL trade deadline fits? 9 deals proposed by NHL executives that make sense for both teams

Had both Winnipeg and Boston making offers for Eckholm. The proposed Boston offer was: 2021 1st Rnd Pick + Studnicka for Eckholm with Nashville retaining 25% of Eckholm's salary.

FYI they had Palmieri going to the Islanders for Kieffer Bellows and a 2nd Rnd Pick.

Exactly why I'm not seeing anything game changing happening from Sweeney.
Sweeneys "game changing" move would be something stupid like pasta and Debrusk for hall and Eichel. Don't trust him to right the ship

Reactions: Gordoff

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
That is probably likely especially if they make a move for a guy that has term- I feel a little cynical that it will happen, though. My faith in the Don, even while I generally think he's done a decent job, in this area is not real strong. I am even more skeptical that Don will get TWO players like that. I also would bet just about anything (hypothetically) that if it gets down to it, Gryz gets protected over Lauzon every time.

If it were me, today, I'd protect 8 skaters and protect 4 D men- McAvoy, Carlo, Gryz and Lauzon and let Seattle have at Ritchie, Zboril, Frederic. Best scenario, you get Seattle to take Bjork or Wagner and toss them a second rounder and maybe Cehlarik's rights to do that.
I'm a big fan of this idea. Our team is pretty thin, losing anyone is going to hurt. Honestly, the position we could most afford to lose is D, which means protecting 4 and 4 makes almost no sense.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Size in the top 9 is a huge issue with this team, it's literally been proven to be a huge issue each time they get to the post season. There's absolutely zero physicality from lines 1-3 if you move Ritchie. Am I against moving him? Nope, but you better get someone who's willing to park themselves in front of a net and take a beating. No one in the top 9 does it.

If Richie goes, you definitely need to get someone with size that can play on the third line and contribute.
I agree, we could move Ritchie as part of deal for a legit goal scorer, but also have another deal for a forward with size for line # 3.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I liked the Nash deal too - not gonna deny it. I gave DS props even though it didn't work out - some things are out of his control.

But the issue is that the same hole persists annually, and then the draft capital and futures each year get spent to fill that same hole. Why? If the D depth is so impressive, or we actually have a couple potential top 6 guys in the minors, find a way to leverage it and add a guy you can be confident will fill that hole. Every year we suspect secondary scoring and a winger for Krejci will be the need, and every year it is, right?

Just get the job done. It's a results business. And when you run the course with this excellent roster and need to rebuild a bit, you cash in on a few of the older guys and try again. But annually leaving them one hole away just reminds me of Sinden's career.
They probably still have Sinden as an advisor.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Exactly, and if your going to call them out, do it privately they've earned that right. Im certainly not against calling them out, but show them the respect they've earned and keep it in the room.
Not a fan of Cassidy, maybe they need to replace him, Gallant would be my first choice.

Reactions: Gordoff

dup7

Jul 5, 2006
Halifax, NS
If it's true that Hall can be had without giving up a 1st you'd have to be insane not to pursue. A lot of he said she said, you can't convince me he's gonna show up and disrupt the chemistry of this core, it's too strong....kid can produce and dramatically changes how teams would have to game plan vs' B's. Let him walk at the end of the year....

Reactions: bbfan419

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
I’ll take a healthy Bruins team over anyone in this division

I’m expecting to be watching games in person and live in mid June
Playoffs starts in May, you won't be watching any Bruins game in person or at all mid June

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If it's true that Hall can be had without giving up a 1st you'd have to be insane not to pursue. A lot of he said she said, you can't convince me he's gonna show up and disrupt the chemistry of this core, it's too strong....kid can produce and dramatically changes how teams would have to game plan vs' B's. Let him walk at the end of the year....

The kid is 29 and he's got 2 goals in 32 games this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad