Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I’d trust Whitney over a bunch of people on the internet. That said, I thought it was Ference who said he was a bad teammate?

There is quite a few, including a current Bruin who alluded to such.

The evidence against Hall is large, with the other side of the scale containing a few cherry-picked fancy stats and one year in New Jersey.

Not someone I would take a chance on, myself. Especially if we are looking to add not just for this year but years beyond.

Heck, what he did this offseason should be enough for people here to give a firm "No"

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Last night I realized with that depth they can win it all

they need full lineup and first line to get their act together for 60 minutes
Starting to have my doubts. Wish I had your positivity. Watching the lack of production is very exhausting

Reactions: Gordoff

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
That line has been an issue for years. Hence black hole. Nothing against Krejci but the issues are there regardless of how many assists he gets
my point being if he and Bergeron reversed roles would that make Bergy part of a black hole?

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Bruins were 10-1-2 healthy

they are easily deepest team in league I’ve seen

12 D? Are you shitting me

Get healthy and rack up
Points vs Buffalo
I think that's the Fool's Gold at the moment. Or maybe I'm just too defeated. Will be great to get in the playoffs by winning a bunch of games over a pathetic team but in the end they will still be playing the team's they can't beat now. There early season record had them coming back from deficits in the third. Not a good recipe. Plus with goalie uncertainty I'm not sold that the early part of the year is the team we have

Reactions: Gordoff

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
my point being if he and Bergeron reversed roles would that make Bergy part of a black hole?
You would have to go back to my original statement that this isn't all on Krejci. Again:

Neely is an issue
Sweeney is an issue
Cassidy is an issue
Drafting is an issue etc etc.

Reactions: Lo97 and Gordoff

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Only way I trade Studnicka is for an established young center. Right now he's the heir apparent to Krech and there isn't really much after him as far as a 1C or 2C goes.

I'd be hesitant to do it for the same reason. I like Frederic and Beecher a lot but I think Studnicka is a step above them offensively. If they do move Studnicka, I'd prefer it's in a package for Reinhart, or someone of that caliber, who can improve the team this year and take over for Krejci next year. I suspect Sweeney is dead set on Ekholm though, there's too much smoke there and I don't think Nashville would take a lesser prospect. No idea what his plans for replacing Krejci would be after that though...

Reactions: Gordoff and Bodit9

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I think that's the Fool's Gold at the moment. Or maybe I'm just too defeated. Will be great to get in the playoffs by winning a bunch of games over a pathetic team but in the end they will still be playing the team's they can't beat now. There early season record had them coming back from deficits in the third. Not a good recipe. Plus with goalie uncertainty I'm not sold that the early part of the year is the team we have
So far this season the Bruins are:
0-3-2 Against NYI
3-1-0 Against PIT
4-2-0 Against NYR
1-2-1 Against NJD
2-0-2 Against WAS
5-0-0 Against PHI
The only team above them that they have a losing record against is NYI. They are even against Was and up against Pitt. The only team they have trouble against besides NYI is NJ.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins fans have amnesia when it comes to Sweeney at the deadline - fair or not the second I read this I half laugh and half think what a dummy

last 3 years
2018 Rick Nash
2019 Coyle early February & Johansson at deadline
2020 double digit lead at deadline over Tampa

you guys aren’t bad, Twitter Is a collection of the dumbest Bruins know it all’s

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bruins fans have amnesia when it comes to Sweeney at the deadline - fair or not the second I read this I half laugh and half think what a dummy

last 3 years
2018 Rick Nash
2019 Coyle early February & Johansson at deadline
2020 double digit lead at deadline over Tampa

you guys aren’t bad, Twitter Is a collection of the dumbest Bruins know it all’s

What did Tampa do? Bruins stood around, Tampa at the deadline added key pieces they were missing. Tampa bent the Bruins over in the post season.

Horray!?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Last night I realized with that depth they can win it all

they need full lineup and first line to get their act together for 60 minutes

I agree. The Islanders can roll 4 lines out-there and not miss a beat their very deep. The best 4th line in Hockey since the merlot line

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins were 10-1-2 healthy

they are easily deepest team in league I’ve seen

12 D? Are you shitting me

Get healthy and rack up
Points vs Buffalo

Could also be worded as 10-1-2 to start the season.

Don't we make fun of fanbases that predict success based on the first quarter of the season? How many shots have posters taken at the Habs and Leafs when they start the year hot and begin booking vacation time for parades in June.

In 2018-19 the Buffalo Sabres, as of Nov. 26th 2018 were 1st place in the entire NHL at 17-6-2.

They are 52-86-20 since.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I'm guessing Studnicka is on the block since he's been out of the lineup so consistently. If I was betting today, I'd say he's the Bruins' "elite prospect" portion of the potential deal for Ekholm. Divver reported Nashville's assistant GM was at the Providence game yesterday so I think things must be pretty real on that front. I assume they'd be looking at Vaakanainen or Steen as the "third asset" they reportedly want, in addition to the 1st round pick.

I'm torn on whether it's a good idea or not. I like Studnicka a lot but I haven't seen enough offense from him to say he's a surefire top six guy. I'd take what I can get for Vaak at this point, this year has soured me on him big time. I'd have no problem giving him up in the deal. I'd prefer to keep Steen over him at this point. The 1st I think has way less value than in a normal year. I think this draft will be an absolute crap shoot with the number of players not playing and the difficulty scouting in person, so I don't think there will be much of a difference between a mid to late 1st and a 2nd.

Basically the value seems okay to me (I think we overrate our own prospects greatly), I just question if that's the right direction. Ekholm is a stud with a lot of gas left in the tank and I think he would improve the team significantly but are they close enough to the top teams that he puts them in that tier? I don't think so but anything can happen in the playoffs. And you have to wonder about how that affects their strategy at the expansion draft, they're losing a good player there one way or another though.

Will be interesting to see what happens. I definitely think Sweeney is getting some heat from above so he'll try to do something to improve the team now, I'm just not sure he has the prospects to really move the needle for other teams if he's trying to land a big fish. Winnipeg or Montreal could probably beat Sweeney's best offer pretty easily, if they so chose.
I think Stud or Vaak could be considered the top prospect, Vaak has shown he is ready and is expansion exempt, that adds value. Steen I could see as the second prospect.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I’ll take a healthy Bruins team over anyone in this division

I’m expecting to be watching games in person and live in mid June

I share your view that they are a strong team and will be in Cup contention. I've never wavered on that. But to actually beat the top teams, I believe they need a guy like Ekholm AND a top 6 forward. If they just want to make it 1 (maybe 2) rounds then get bounced, then sure, this roster can accomplish that.

And to be honest, I'm completely uncertain what they actually want.

Reactions: kjpm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad