Colorado Avalanche Training Camp Dates

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
As much as I've believed OO is an NHLer, I'm now starting to think he's toast and this will be his last year in the USA. Wonder if the Avs are considering a trade?
The Avs have a tendency to trade these types of players for another reclamation project. Most of the time it doesn't work out, but we did get Graves in one of those.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Eh, it's useful in that Jared can cross a lot of names off the list of people he trusts.

Yeah, every year there are guys that weren't that impressive in camp, but then were in the pre-season games. Some guys just need that extra competition to bring it out in themselves perhaps.

You also can't judge the reliability/trustworthy aspect that you reference from practices. If they have a chance of playing in the NHL, then it's helpful for a coach to evaluate them in that area during a game. Hard to replicate the situations, and the intensity, in a practice setting.

Behrens is this year's example. Bednar said he didn't really like his rookie camp, but thought he really improved his performance once the pre-season games started. That definitely helped his callup chances this year.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I would claim Carrick in a heartbeat and play him at 4C. He isn't amazing or anything but he sure is better than any of our options right now.
Might be thinking of Sam carrick, but I believe it's sale m actually Connor Carrick who is a dman

The Avs have a tendency to trade these types of players for another reclamation project. Most of the time it doesn't work out, but we did get Graves in one of those.
So who do we get for OO? Who is also on their last chance so to speak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad