Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Could also be worded as 10-1-2 to start the season.

Don't we make fun of fanbases that predict success based on the first quarter of the season? How many shots have posters taken at the Habs and Leafs when they start the year hot and begin booking vacation time for parades in June.

In 2018-19 the Buffalo Sabres, as of Nov. 26th 2018 were 1st place in the entire NHL at 17-6-2.

They are 52-86-20 since.
I’m just giving my views on what I see

Obviously I don’t see what you see but that’s cool we can see how plays out

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I think Stud or Vaak could be considered the top prospect, Vaak has shown he is ready and is expansion exempt, that adds value. Steen I could see as the second prospect.

That would be ideal, I just don't think Vaakanainen is viewed that way around the league anymore. He seems to have regressed since the concussion a couple years ago and has been pretty terrible in Providence and only so-so in Boston this year. It's a shame because he looked so good in the World Juniors a few years back and had such a promising start to his career.

Hope I'm wrong though lol, if they can get Ekholm without giving up Studnicka that would be fantastic.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Wanted to rant about what trades need to be made but honestly I'm a bit over it. The way I see it at the moment is that:

Neely is a problem
Sweeney is a problem
Cassidy is a problem
Drafting is a problem
Injuries are a problem
Covid is a problem
Effort is a problem
2 line black hole is a problem
Complacency is a problem
Lack of physicality is a problem

Only thing going for them is cap space.
Only want to see a young solid peice(s) added that will be here for a while. Make the changes now and look at this year as an anomaly. Sweeney failed at addressing the needs for years. Trade all spare parts and draft centres and scoring forwards.

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Black hole
Ritchie Coyle Smith
Frederic Studnika Senyshyn

Swayman
Vladar
I would say it is a combination of Neely, Sweeney, scouts and ownership.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Bruins fans have amnesia when it comes to Sweeney at the deadline - fair or not the second I read this I half laugh and half think what a dummy

last 3 years
2018 Rick Nash
2019 Coyle early February & Johansson at deadline
2020 double digit lead at deadline over Tampa

you guys aren’t bad, Twitter Is a collection of the dumbest Bruins know it all’s

Were any of those enough?

And both Nash and Kase were adds intended to fill a known hole on the 2nd line. So each year he just leaves that gaping hole, then attempts to fill it with a rental at the deadline.

Not sure he deserves accolades for continuing to leave the same problem and never actually solving it.

Last edited:

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
I can't believe how much we've discounted Hall on this board. He can be an absolute game changer, and isn't too far removed from a HART TROPHY

He's a dumbass for signing with Buffalo, but it doesn't make him a bad hockey player or a liability. He's an unreal player and has been playing on absolute BUM teams his entire career.

Get him in a good locker room, with the BEST mentors in the league in Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci etc. and you will see him return to that Hart form.

I don't want us to surrender much in terms of assets but the whole league is passing on him at this point, so he's going to be very very cheap. Like 2nd rounder + Bjork level cheap

Reactions: Lo97 and bbfan419

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I share your view that they are a strong team and will be in Cup contention. I've never wavered on that. But to actually beat the top teams, I believe they need a guy like Ekholm AND a top 6 forward. If they just want to make it 1 (maybe 2) rounds then get bounced, then sure, this roster can accomplish that.

And to be honest, I'm completely uncertain what they actually want.
They need health

me?

I still go after Ekholm with Vaakanainen main prospect and actually only top prospect

Nashville GM was at Providence game yesterday

that’s all you need to know

I’m also on Granlund for depth / Steen is fair to me

as for Garland I’d be willing to trade the one and...but I really need to know about Kase

I know it wouldn’t happen but I’d offer Sabres Studnicka and any one of Vaakanainen, Zboril, or Lauzon for Dahlin & Skinner with Buffalo retaining 40%

Dahlin-McAvoy could be phenomenal

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
They need health

me?

I still go after Ekholm with Vaakanainen main prospect and actually only top prospect

as for Garland I’d be willing to trade the one and...but I really need to know about Kase

I know it wouldn’t happen but I’d offer Sabres Studnicka and any one of Vaakanainen, Zboril, or Lauzon for Dahlin & Skinner with Buffalo retaining 40%

If they trade Dahlin they're even dumber than I thought possible

Reactions: Lo97 and Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Were any of those enough?

And both Nash and Kase were adds intended to fill a known hole on the 2nd line. So each year he just leaves that gaping hole, then attempts to fill it with a rental at the deadline. Why not actually make a real effort to fill it year-round?

Not sure he deserves accolades for continuing to leave the same problem and never actually solving it.
To me absolutely

Loved the Nash trade then this happened

If you think they didn’t do enough we disagree no worries

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Pretty soon we will have every fringe- nhl d-man in the league.
Well he would be as good as some of the depth D people are talking about , I mentioned Oleksiak, Stralman could be as good as him without assets going out, then we could use a D in a deal for help up front.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
That would be ideal, I just don't think Vaakanainen is viewed that way around the league anymore. He seems to have regressed since the concussion a couple years ago and has been pretty terrible in Providence and only so-so in Boston this year. It's a shame because he looked so good in the World Juniors a few years back and had such a promising start to his career.

Hope I'm wrong though lol, if they can get Ekholm without giving up Studnicka that would be fantastic.
You could be right, but I think he is the guy NSH really wants in a deal with the B's.

Reactions: kjpm

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
They need health

me?

If they are trading with Buffalo I want Reinhart first and foremost.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’m just giving my views on what I see

Obviously I don’t see what you see but that’s cool we can see how plays out

I'm just saying that looking at their record in the early going isn't a good predictor of how the rest of the season is going to go, not just the Bruins but any team in any season.

Personally I just don't see this team ever being healthy enough to ice their projected best roster, or close to it. Not with the injuries current and the way the schedule shapes up down the stretch for this team.

Hence my pessimism.

Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
They need health

me?

I believe Nashville been scouting the Bruins for the last couple of weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if something is in the making, but if I'm Sweeney I try to kill two birds with one stone and grab Arvidsson as well.

As far as Dahlin it would be a heist if you can get him out of Buffalo, their not happy with his play but he's still just a kid, and he has high very high end skill.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
They need health

me?

There's a difference if your team has scoring DEPTH throughout the line up. They don't. They have a 1st line and then a significant drop off in talent. I'm all for adding Garland, but again, I see him as a 3rd line guy. They need to step it up and get whats been an issue with this team for the better part of a decade, and that's a LEGIT 2nd line winger.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I believe Nashville been scouting the Bruins for the last couple of weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if something is in the making, but if I'm Sweeney I try to kill two birds with one stone and grab Arvidsson as well.

As far as Dahlin it would be a heist if you can get him out of Buffalo, their not happy with his play but he's still just a kid, and he has high very high end skill.

And an epic one, would love to see the Bruins pull it off. We know how good they are developing D men.

tenor.gif

Reactions: TCB and bbfan419

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I share your view that they are a strong team and will be in Cup contention. I've never wavered on that. But to actually beat the top teams, I believe they need a guy like Ekholm AND a top 6 forward. If they just want to make it 1 (maybe 2) rounds then get bounced, then sure, this roster can accomplish that.

And to be honest, I'm completely uncertain what they actually want.

More important than getting Ekholm and top 6 forward:

Be lucky.

Reactions: kjpm and Dr Hook

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I know this won't be very popular by some on here, but one guy I would consider trading in a hockey deal where we can upgrade the position is Nick Ritchie. Sure he is big and does well at times in front of the net, but he just seems to have that lazy part to him, maybe time to sell is now, he has 8 goals this year, mostly PP with tips or deflections, but if he can be in part of a deal for a Reinhart or someone like that, i would do it. I would only deal him mind you as said for an upgrade at the position, not for some has been or UFA.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I know this won't be very popular by some on here, but one guy I would consider trading in a hockey deal where we can upgrade the position is Nick Ritchie. Sure he is big and does well at times in front of the net, but he just seems to have that lazy part to him, maybe time to sell is now, he has 8 goals this year, mostly PP with tips or deflections, but if he can be in part of a deal for a Reinhart or someone like that, i would do it. I would only deal him mind you as said for an upgrade at the position, not for some has been or UFA.
Size in the top 9 is a huge issue with this team, it's literally been proven to be a huge issue each time they get to the post season. There's absolutely zero physicality from lines 1-3 if you move Ritchie. Am I against moving him? Nope, but you better get someone who's willing to park themselves in front of a net and take a beating. No one in the top 9 does it.

If Richie goes, you definitely need to get someone with size that can play on the third line and contribute.

Reactions: Gordoff and kjpm

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
To me absolutely

Loved the Nash trade then this happened

If you think they didn’t do enough we disagree no worries

I liked the Nash deal too - not gonna deny it. I gave DS props even though it didn't work out - some things are out of his control.

But the issue is that the same hole persists annually, and then the draft capital and futures each year get spent to fill that same hole. Why? If the D depth is so impressive, or we actually have a couple potential top 6 guys in the minors, find a way to leverage it and add a guy you can be confident will fill that hole. Every year we suspect secondary scoring and a winger for Krejci will be the need, and every year it is, right?

Just get the job done. It's a results business. And when you run the course with this excellent roster and need to rebuild a bit, you cash in on a few of the older guys and try again. But annually leaving them one hole away just reminds me of Sinden's career.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Size in the top 9 is a huge issue with this team, it's literally been proven to be a huge issue each time they get to the post season. There's absolutely zero physicality from lines 1-3 if you move Ritchie. Am I against moving him? Nope, but you better get someone who's willing to park themselves in front of a net and take a beating. No one in the top 9 does it.

If Richie goes, you definitely need to get someone with size that can play on the third line and contribute.

He does that consistently- I don't move him either unless it's for a replacement that does what he does but better.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He does that consistently- I don't move him either unless it's for a replacement that does what he does but better.
100%

I cringe at the thought of the Bruins moving a player like that and acquiring a softer guy who won't do that. Having one line with physicality (4th line) that matches up against other teams 4th lines is kind of moot. You need size and physicality throughout your line up. It's been an issue with this team in the past. Remember what happened the last time they had a mix of skill, size and physicality throughout their entire line up?

I still think Ritchie is better suited for the 3rd line, but he's there on the 2nd line filling a void that's been an issue for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad