Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
There's a difference if your team has scoring DEPTH throughout the line up. They don't. They have a 1st line and then a significant drop off in talent. I'm all for adding Garland, but again, I see him as a 3rd line guy. They need to step it up and get whats been an issue with this team for the better part of a decade, and that's a LEGIT 2nd line winger.
Agreed 1000%. The problem the last few years is that they keep getting 2nd-3rd line tweeners when they only have 4 first line guys. To be a top team, you need two lines that can be drivers of offense. They need a 1st-2nd line tweener at the very least. Then the other guys can slot in their place with less pressure. Any one of Ritchie, DeBrusk, Smith, etc. can be the other 2nd line wing if they slot the right guy opposite them.

If Buffalo would trade with the Bruins, Reinhart could be that guy like Horton was. Arviddson, Garland, etc. are fine players but won't change the dynamic with the team. More of the same.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Claude Giroux is listed as a C-LW-RW. Anyone know how often he plays wing and how he looks there?

He’s 32 years old and signed for 1 more year after this season at 8.27m. Would Philadelphia ever consider moving him? edit* (with retained salary)

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Do you have any idea how stupid this sounds ????
On it's face? Absolutely.

But I'm not really thrilled with the idea of five more years of this season's vintage of Charlie Coyle. Aside from maybe a handful of games, he's been dreadful.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Claude Giroux is listed as a C-LW-RW. Anyone know how often he plays wing and how he looks there?

He’s 32 years old and signed for 1 more year after this season at 8.27m. Would Philadelphia ever consider moving him? edit* (with retained salary)
He usually plays wing. And honestly if he isn’t scoring he’s a non-factor. Still has the skill, but I am not impressed with anything I’ve seen from him this season.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Yes because the Habs are the envy of all fans...

Don is in a fickle with the injury thing this year....don't blame him for being cautious.

Never said they wanted stall or that the Habs were the envy of the league. Seems more like your trying to pick a fight. All I did was mention the trade. How dare I.
And good for you sticking up for Sweeney and making excuses for him. Good to hear someone still supports him. Same problem every year.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Never said they wanted stall or that the Habs were the envy of the league. Seems more like your trying to pick a fight. All I did was mention the trade. How dare I.
And good for you sticking up for Sweeney and making excuses for him. Good to hear someone still supports him. Same problem every year.

Now them words sound like a fight.

Your sarcastic words not mine....
"At least we have comfort knowing Sweeney will wait to the last minute and add a couple old plugs. Good thing we don't have a proactive GM."

I responded with sarcasm to your sarcasm and commented about the bruin GM being cautious / patient. Was not looking for a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad