Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Now them words sound like a fight.

Your sarcastic words not mine....
"At least we have comfort knowing Sweeney will wait to the last minute and add a couple old plugs. Good thing we don't have a proactive GM."

I responded with sarcasm to your sarcasm and commented about the bruin GM being cautious / patient. Was not looking for a fight.

Sorry didn't read into your sarcasm. Im just at my wits end with Sweeney not getting a second line stud. He's had years and Gail's over and over. I'm over him.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Sorry didn't read into your sarcasm. Im just at my wits end with Sweeney not getting a second line stud. He's had years and Gail's over and over. I'm over him.

I get it...trust me I'm frustrated with him as well. He's made some good moves, built strong D core, but horrible at identifying skilled forwards.

We are fortunate Pasta, Bergeron, Marchand were pre-Don. There's a draft year that irks us all, including Don.

Reactions: Lo97 and Gordoff

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I get it...trust me I'm frustrated with him as well. He's made some good moves, built strong D core, but horrible at identifying skilled forwards.

We are fortunate Pasta, Bergeron, Marchand were pre-Don. There's a draft year that irks us all, including Don.

It would be a different situation if he landed a big fish or Nash worked out.

Reactions: Gordoff

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
He usually plays wing. And honestly if he isn’t scoring he’s a non-factor. Still has the skill, but I am not impressed with anything I’ve seen from him this season.
Well it’s a good thing he scores a crap ton. 2018 season he scored 102 points. 2019 season 85 points. Last season 53 points in 69 games, this season 25 points in 30 games (which would put him 3rd on the Bruins in scoring, tied with Bergeron).

It would all hinge on Philly retaining. I wouldn’t want him at his current cap.

Ritchie Krejci Giroux

Reactions: bbfan419

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Stall is 36.5 years old, they don't need to forgo the future for a year or 2 of a heavily declining player.

The average age of retirement is between 28 and 30 in the NHL of what I could find.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I know, I know, I see the source but the 2nd one below was correct.

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Palmieri going to BOS? Staal heading to Habs? Fri's Buzz

Chatter out there is Boston and NJ talking. Palmieri and Vatanen with DeBrusk and a pick coming back. 50% retention on Palmieri.

Also, numerous reports are indicating that Buffalo is beginning their teardown and that Eric Staal is heading to Montreal......

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
We all know that, but the bottom one was right with Stall and the Bruins have been talking about Palmieri for years it seems now.

Maybe ol Ek finally got something right.

He's probably right that they're interested in Palmieri but he definitely made up the return lol. I would be shocked if they did that trade.

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Reactions: duffy and kjpm

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Who cares palmieri was the answer 3 years ago. Today he might as well be named lee stempniak. Doesnt exactly put boston over the top. Just another guy to throw out there and hope something clicks

Isn't that the Bruins way though, that is why I think it is going to happen.

Bruins never make a big splash, always just someone ok to fill the void until the next year.

Rinse repeat.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Waiting for them to do something small or nothing at all and claim we like our team, Kase could be back and it’s like getting a deadline player.
Kase is cooked. If he comes back, he will be out again almost instantly. If a simple puck can wobble you and scramble you, one more hit and his career will be over.

Reactions: Lo97 and Tbaybruin

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Stall is 36.5 years old, they don't need to forgo the future for a year or 2 of a heavily declining player.

The average age of retirement is between 28 and 30 in the NHL of what I could find.

I don’t want staal but they got him for a 3rd and a 5th not exactly mortgaging the future.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
We all know that, but the bottom one was right with Stall and the Bruins have been talking about Palmieri for years it seems now.

Maybe ol Ek finally got something right.

No he wasn't right. Read it again.

Also, numerous reports are indicating that Buffalo is beginning their teardown and that Eric Staal is heading to Montreal......

He's just quoting the many, many reports that had it correct.

However, he is half right on Palmieri.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I know it'll never happen right now...but if we could somehow acquire a legit 1c ...I don't think wed need another winger.

Pasta goes there and Bergie and Marchand become 2nd line....

Alight now to try that in nhl2021 lol

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
No he wasn't right. Read it again.

He's just quoting the many, many reports that had it correct.

However, he is half right on Palmieri.

Half right as in Palmieri coming to Boston but not with Vatanen and certainly not for DeBrusk and a pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad