Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Yikes......

Sounds like Boston is in the market for a doctor with little to no scruples and an extra 20 minutes of spare time.

Kase? “Never in my life seen a healthier Cat scan. Good to go two weeks ago”

Carlo? “Do you know what day it is? Excellent. Good to go, son”

Miller? “This is a shot of Vitamin C. I know it says liquid opium. Ignore that, and lace them up my boy”

Lauzon? “You think Paccitetty is the wolverine? You are the f***ing Wolverine, son. Believe and it is so”

Kuhlman? “I’m not a hand doctor. Looks good to me though. Get on the f***ing ice, son. People want your job”

Seny? “Didn’t even see what happened. Strap the bucket on and get your ass out there”

Tuukka? “Sit on bench with a heat pad. You’re just watching tonight, anyway.”

Donny we’re all good here. Get your Cap guy on the computer and charge up your phone. Everyone cleared. I’m off to lunch and my bill is in your inbox.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Bruins need scoring.My gut still says Hall will be a Bruin.
I bet you a life time supply of @Bruinaura cookies that Sweeney doesn't even pick the phone up and call.

How quickly we Bruins fans forget things.

Remember when Chiarelli talked to Edmonton about possibly swapping picks because the Bruins wanted Hall more then Seguin?
How long did it take Chiarelli to trade his ass out of Edmonton once he had him?

If it walks like a duck.....

radmcfad

Apr 19, 2006
Love him or hate him Chiarelli made the Bruins hard to play against. Sweeney has allowed this team to move away from being a team that’s tough to play against, a team with an identity and a team less relevant in terms of being a contender. I was glad to see Chiarelli run out of town but I think it’s probably time for Neely and Sweeney to go too.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I'm concerned about Bergeron and Krejci. Neither one is driving the play. The top line is getting shut down a lot more this season than in year's past and I think that's because Bergeron is less of a factor. Krejci is still scoring at .68 points but he seems to have the puck less and get knocked off the puck more than in years past... when he play with 63 & 88 they're not as dynamic as they used to be, when he plays with Smith they get shots but they don't get a ton of zone time...

I don't know. Maybe it's a mid-season slump, but I was worried about this last summer. No team has won a Cup with two 35 year old centers in the top6, at least not as far back as I looked (which was decades). I think there's a reason for that.

So I think it would be foolish to go all in at this point. Try to make yourself better, but I hope any trade they make, they do it with an eye towards the future. Get a center, or get a guy who can play wing or center, or at least get a guy who will be here long enough to play with Coyle or Studnicka or whoever is the #2 next year.

the NHL is speed in the middle now and the Bruins have the slowest group in hockey. It’s something they really need to address

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I know. I'm a party pooper. But I am working hard with my councilors to change.
:laugh:

Why do you think they get so mad, Dom?

I call them on their bullshit.

And how does that make you feel?

Good.

OK then, I think we’re all set here. You sound pretty healthy to me. That’ll be $500 by the way.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No kidding. Leave it to Dom to go and bring facts into the equation. And just when the outrage and hyperbole was starting to bubble nicely around here.:laugh:
if trades are so hard to make why am I pulling off absolute mega deals on Chel 21? :huh:

In all seriousness, there`s so much more that goes into deals that is far beyond my pay grade in understanding and I`ll wager the same for most here. In a perfect world, I`d like to think it would be as simple as a call then consummation of a deal but with contracts permitted, cap space, willingness to take risks by one or both sides, so much

I can`t be convinced that Sweeney sits upstairs with Cam and they look at one another and have said for a few years now "ya know what, all we need to do is tweak, add a tweener kind of guy, not the big splash guy, Krejci will be fine with ___________"

He knows as well as we all know what this team needs, getting it, well, not easy. My biggest problems with DS have been some of his UFA signings far more than some of the deals he`s made, I always assume a GM will have some hits and misses, for the most part, don`t have a big issue with the job he`s done, room for improvement? Sure, show me a perfect GM

here`s the trades he`s made, some hits, some misses

Don Sweeney Trades - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Like his college signings, has had some solid returns on drafts too (insert the 2015 crowd here)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I bet you a life time supply of @Bruinaura cookies that Sweeney doesn't even pick the phone up and call.

Remember when Chiarelli talked to Edmonton about possibly swapping picks because the Bruins wanted Hall more then Seguin?
How long did it take Chiarelli to trade his ass out of Edmonton once he had him?

yep, don`t get the Hall push

I`d rather a Rakell 8 days a week before Hall and I`ve been all in on Palmeiri for a few years now, I`ll get my wish but he`ll be 38 before the B`s decide to sign him:laugh:

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

Dom what happened to that guy? Just no one ever able to take him under their wing and show him the ropes?

Seems like such a wasted career with the talent he had/has

Reactions: Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Dom what happened to that guy? Just no one ever able to take him under their wing and show him the ropes?

Feels like a lot of bad guidance overall. As a player and think his agent screwed him over this past summer/fall.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

All I have is a theory so no point in getting into that.

When it comes to Hall I am reminded of what a former GM told me. "Never acquire a guy who has always been in a losing atmosphere."

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
I always considered Ference the #4 after Chara, Seids, and Boychuk. His and Boychuk's minutes were dead even though (obviously as they played together)

Something I never realized until I just looked it up was how sheltered Adam McQuaid was during the playoffs that year. He only averaged 13 minutes that run when the other defensemen were at about 20-23 minutes.

Also Shane Hnidy had some minutes

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Hard to believe Hall would even be a consideration by the Bs. He was good back in 2017-18. In a year in which he is trying to prove something for his next contract he is shooting 2.6 pct and has 2 goals in 32 games. And when I have seen him this season he has played like he give two craps maybe 4 or 5 shifts max each game. Dude is a giveaway machine and does a whole lot of nothing in the nearly 19 mins he averages per game. Not sure I see how someone like him moves the needle much for the Bs. I would honestly take Miles Wood 10 out of 10 times over Hall at this point. I want competitors who are obsessed with winning on the Bs roster. Hall might still have talent, but he sure as hell isn't too interested in using it.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Love him or hate him Chiarelli made the Bruins hard to play against. Sweeney has allowed this team to move away from being a team that’s tough to play against, a team with an identity and a team less relevant in terms of being a contender. I was glad to see Chiarelli run out of town but I think it’s probably time for Neely and Sweeney to go too.
You know that donny was just a win away from having his statue bronzed in front of td garden. Just saying.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
We all know that, but the bottom one was right with Stall and the Bruins have been talking about Palmieri for years it seems now.

Maybe ol Ek finally got something right.
You know what they say about blind squirrels....:laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad