Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I have been advocating a move to get him for a long time. He is exactly the type of player we need to make a serious run to the Cup assuming Rask is healthy. I would be kicking some tires on Cogliano and Radulov as well.

Agreed. Just surprised his name isn't out there more in rumourville.

Added Cogliano and Radulov to pick 3.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
So what .Buffalo is a trainwreck.Look at Krecji he has 1 and many other Bruins not much either.I swear this place loves the Beleskey, Backes Jimmy Hayes or Brett Ritchie type talents .

I'm the same...Hall has question marks but I don't see how you can't circle back on him.

They liked him the off season and while he burned them, that never stopped Boston from going back at Iggy.

He'll be motivated..and that's enough for me to be intrigued.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Good stuff as always Dom.I cannot disagree with this.Remember though he won a Hart after that trade.People here do not want him but look at Bruins forwards. Barely any have his skills or speed.
i take Hall anytime, we dont have a second line, so Don have to built one, and the need is a RW and a LW because Debrusk and any of our propsect cant do the job on the second line and we dont have a legit RW with Krejci for years and years...Buffalo have what Bruins need a LW and a RW in Hall and Reinhart, why dont try to work a trade with those two...

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Rakell is the F I want. Big body, creative. I think there’s a good chance he clicks with Krejci.

I agree I posted before Bjork, Vaak and 2nd. Not sure that is enough to get it done.

Then maybe Kase and 2022 2nd for Hall(50%)

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Krejci-Rakell
Debrusk-Coyle-Smith
Ritchie-Frederic-Senyshyn

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Good stuff as always Dom.I cannot disagree with this.Remember though he won a Hart after that trade.People here do not want him but look at Bruins forwards. Barely any have his skills or speed.

I'm not sure why we put so much emphasis on an award that is voted on by a bunch of clowns.

The top three vote getters for the Hart in 2018 were Hall, MacKinnon and Kopitar. All three just helped get their teams in the playoffs by the skin of their teeth. Kopitar was a beast that season averaging 22 minutes a night to Hall's 19.

70 PHW voted for Hall that didn't give MacKinnon a single vote. 713 voted for Hall that didn't give Kopitar a single vote. I guess all those east coast writers couldn't stay up past their bedtime to watch a little hockey?

You want to put stock into an award, you should probably focus on the Ted Lindsay award. The vast majority of players would rather win it then the Hart, because it is voted on by the players instead of writers. And in 2018 it was McDavid - MacKinnon - Hall.

Anyway, I just think putting stock into being "a Hart Trophy winner" almost 3 years ago is worthless. It's a what have you done for me lately business. You want a goal scorer, well Taylor Hall's goal production over the last 3 seasons (29) is less than the 39 he scored in his "Hart Trophy Season."

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
All the teams we want to plunder as being out of it are pretty much in the same spot as the Bruins point wise. If Sweeney does nothing in the next 2 weeks to add then it is time to sell. Considering the cap space is not as good as we assumed. This team is not one player away. Caps and Isles are way ahead of them talent wise.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
All the teams we want to plunder as being out of it are pretty much in the same spot as the Bruins point wise. If Sweeney does nothing in the next 2 weeks to add then it is time to sell. Considering the cap space is not as good as we assumed. This team is not one player away. Caps and Isles are way ahead of them talent wise.

Cap space doesn't look pretty right now because they have 30 players counting against the cap instead of the usual 23 - thanks to injuries and COVID protocol.

Once Carlo/Lauzon come off IR and Kuraly/DeBrusk come off of COVID protocol, cap space will sky rocket. It's the biggest thing tying their hands right now.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

I agree that the Capitals have a more talented roster than Boston, the Islanders no, Trotts gets the absolute maximim out of that roster.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Can't believe I am saying this, but I think you are too pessimistic.

Reactions: JOKER 192

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Cap space doesn't look pretty right now because they have 30 players counting against the cap instead of the usual 23 - thanks to injuries and COVID protocol.

Once Carlo/Lauzon come off IR and Kuraly/DeBrusk come off of COVID protocol, cap space will sky rocket. It's the biggest thing tying their hands right now.
About what...8 millions at the dead line?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Ty Anderson on the Hockey Show just now said Palmieri would be his guy as an add for B’s.

He wouldn’t be my top selection. Can he be had without a 1st? I’m against moving a 1st for a rental this season

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Well considering they have over 7 mill today I would think closer to 12.

CapFriendly isn't up to date and likely won't be until later today.

With today's expected lineup

Bruins Cap.PNG

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
What does our 4th line look like going into the playoffs? Kuraly and Wagner do not look ready to handle the role. I’m curious if Sweeney will look to add someone for the 4th line. Not sure McKegg is that guy (although he’s been good).

Eric Staal would’ve been a solid 4th line center here.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
What does our 4th line look like going into the playoffs? Kuraly and Wagner do not look ready to handle the role. I’m curious if Sweeney will look to add someone for the 4th line. Not sure McKegg is that guy (although he’s been good).

Eric Staal would’ve been a solid 4th line center here.

I'd imagine whoever is healthy and playing well at the time.

Staal's defensive game has never been good. Now Jordan Staal would be a great acquisition.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I think we have plenty of 4th liners on this team. The issue is the 2nd line line. I would not be opposed in Sweeney finding another center. The Bruins also need someone on defense to be a major weapon on the power play.
Frederic - Kuraly - Wagner
Frederic - McKegg - Wagner
Frederic - Kuraly - Bjork
Frederic - Studnicka - Kuhlman

Reactions: The don godfather
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad