Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Rakell is the F I want. Big body, creative. I think there’s a good chance he clicks with Krejci.
6 ft 196 is a big body?
Rakell has never been know for his " physical" play but I am like him too, depending on what Bob Murray wants back.
He has always played well in the playoffs, something we need.
And I like the fact he shoots the puck more than 2 shots averaged on net a game.
I would compare what Murray wants for him vs the Yotes and Garland and take one of the two. Garland has more upside offensively, Rakell is the better two way player.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I don't believe the source, but it would be Palmieri and Vatanen for DeBrusk. So the Bruins rent a top 6 winger and an offensive defenseman that can move up to #4D if needed and play on the PP. If the Bruins don't plan on re-signing Palmieri and/or Vatanen in the offseason, the deal also frees up DeBrusk's cap space for next season.

If I'm Sweeney, do I personally do the deal? No, because I think the Bruins can get more for DeBrusk or hope that he can turn it around. The thing is, do the Bruins want to wait and hope DeBrusk turns it around and what is DeBrusk's value around the league? Is it less than what we fans think it is?

Reactions: Gordoff

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Palmieri would be an improvement on what they have but he's not enough on his own. If they land both him and Ekholm they'd be in very good shape but if it's just Palmieri alone they might as well just stand pat and not give up assets.

I watched Garland again last night. I think we'd love his game here. For a guy listed at 165 lbs he sure is strong on the puck. He looks a lot more like a Marchand than a Studnicka. Great skating, great shot, high hockey IQ. I don't see why Arizona would move him at the deadline but maybe something can be worked out in the offseason.

I also saw in the Athletic that Barrett Hayton may available as well. I guess he's not developing quite as they had hoped. That's a guy I'd love to snag, he was fantastic for Canada in the World Juniors. Jay Leach could get him back on track.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
make all the tired Kessel jokes you want, the guy is on a 26 goal/55 point pace this year. there are much worse options

I've never minded the Kessel diet stuff, it's more funny that anything because in spite of it all the guy is a proven offesnive weapon in the NHL even now later in his career. I would damn sure take him back on the Bruins over what we are currently rolling out there as "scoring" options below the top line.

Reactions: Gordoff and kjpm

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
make all the tired Kessel jokes you want, the guy is on a 26 goal/55 point pace this year. there are much worse options

He has 11 goals and is a -9

He still has his shot, but not a whole lot else anymore.

He is still defensively abysmal and has an Ovechkin-like tendency to just give up on plays when he does not have the puck.

Wanting Phil on the Bruins is extremely short-sighted, IMO.

I can guarantee that if he was on the Bruins he would wear out his welcome with fans very, very fast.

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
What does our 4th line look like going into the playoffs? Kuraly and Wagner do not look ready to handle the role. I’m curious if Sweeney will look to add someone for the 4th line. Not sure McKegg is that guy (although he’s been good).

Eric Staal would’ve been a solid 4th line center here.

Get 2 2nd line wingers & push everyone down. Then we'd have a good 4th line.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I've never minded the Kessel diet stuff, it's more funny that anything because in spite of it all the guy is a proven offesnive weapon in the NHL even now later in his career. I would damn sure take him back on the Bruins over what we are currently rolling out there as "scoring" options below the top line.
The puck kept going into the net regardless of what he ate.

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Exactly, Seattle has every team over the barrel and know full well the power they wield in this process. Ultimately they paid for it with a huge expansion fee. They are clearly in the driver seat, and it doesn't bode well for any team to get a favourable deal out of them.
I would not give Seattle anything substantial, let them pick a player, we can only lose one anyway, if they choose Zboril, Lauzon or Grizz, we still get 2 of them back and we can always sign or trade for another D if needed.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
It's kinda laughable at this point... How unfavorable some suggestions are, yet they are improvements to what we have.

If the Bruins lose any games to the Sabres they need to blow it up. That would be inexcusable to for a team that thinks they have a chance.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Well it’s a good thing he scores a crap ton. 2018 season he scored 102 points. 2019 season 85 points. Last season 53 points in 69 games, this season 25 points in 30 games (which would put him 3rd on the Bruins in scoring, tied with Bergeron).

It would all hinge on Philly retaining. I wouldn’t want him at his current cap.

Ritchie Krejci Giroux
Krejci and Giroux were teammates in Gatineau QMJHL as well.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
He's also a -116 in his 15 year career.
He has 11 goals and is a -9

He still has his shot, but not a whole lot else anymore.

He is still defensively abysmal and has an Ovechkin-like tendency to just give up on plays when he does not have the puck.

Wanting Phil on the Bruins is extremely short-sighted, IMO.

I can guarantee that if he was on the Bruins he would wear out his welcome with fans very, very fast.

I would trade DeBrusk for Kessel (50% retained) in a heartbeat. Kessel is no where near as bad defensively
as you claim. Plus/minus is a weak stat. You're
clearly a hater.

He produces in the PO and has familiarity with
Bergeron and Krejci.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Win a game: Re-sign everyone, sell the future, win the cup!
Lose a game: Trade everyone, fire the coach!

Typical responses, (myself included), but even with injuries, I can't look at this team and say they are a contender. The "big changes" that were promised and that should have been made last off season, but weren't, need to happen sooner rather than later. We are riding on that very thin line between above average and mediocre right now. Short term only help shouldn't even be a consideration at this point.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I would trade DeBrusk for Kessel (50% retained) in a heartbeat.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad