Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I bet you a life time supply of @Bruinaura cookies that Sweeney doesn't even pick the phone up and call.

How quickly we Bruins fans forget things.

Remember when Chiarelli talked to Edmonton about possibly swapping picks because the Bruins wanted Hall more then Seguin?
How long did it take Chiarelli to trade his ass out of Edmonton once he had him?

If it walks like a duck.....
If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it's a schmuck, Hall!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Hard to believe Hall would even be a consideration by the Bs. He was good back in 2017-18. In a year in which he is trying to prove something for his next contract he is shooting 2.6 pct and has 2 goals in 32 games. And when I have seen him this season he has played like he give two craps maybe 4 or 5 shifts max each game. Dude is a giveaway machine and does a whole lot of nothing in the nearly 19 mins he averages per game. Not sure I see how someone like him moves the needle much for the Bs. I would honestly take Miles Wood 10 out of 10 times over Hall at this point. I want competitors who are obsessed with winning on the Bs roster. Hall might still have talent, but he sure as hell isn't too interested in using it.
Can you imagine having all of that talent and letting it fester and die away with his actual will to win? I mean money is fantastic and he's never going to starve. His kids and ancestors are fixed for generations if he's smart enough to invest properly.
The only thing you can't buy as a player, being in an exclusive group of only a couple dozen people on the face of the Earth (each year) to be lucky and talented enough to win it all and have your name engraved on it for posterity, but not Taylor Hall apparently.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I get it...trust me I'm frustrated with him as well. He's made some good moves, built strong D core, but horrible at identifying skilled forwards.

We are fortunate Pasta, Bergeron, Marchand were pre-Don. There's a draft year that irks us all, including Don.

I wouldn't call Pasta " pre Don ", seeing as he was one of the ones that scouted him and talked Chia off the ledge on draft day.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I wouldn't call Pasta " pre Don ", seeing as he was one of the ones that scouted him and talked Chia off the ledge on draft day.

i actually might be the only one that hates that sweeney convinced chiarelli not to trade up for pastrnak. What if there was an opportunity to move a 2nd or something to go up and get pastrnak at like 18 guaranteed vs rolling the dice hed be there in the mid 20s. Id gladly give up a 2nd or whatever. That confidence sweeney supposedly showed there Might have been an absolute disaster. Id they knew pastrnak was going to be who he is today and could have guaranteed to get him for some extra small assets vs stand pat, standing pat would have been the dumbest decision ever

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
i actually might be the only one that hates that sweeney convinced chiarelli not to trade up for pastrnak. What if there was an opportunity to move a 2nd or something to go up and get pastrnak at like 18 guaranteed vs rolling the dice hed be there in the mid 20s. Id gladly give up a 2nd or whatever. That confidence sweeney supposedly showed there Might have been an absolute disaster. Id they knew pastrnak was going to be who he is today and could have guaranteed to get him for some extra small assets vs stand pat, standing pat would have been the dumbest decision ever

While this is true, that 2nd turned from Ryan Donato to Charlie Coyle. Pasta fell as predicated. It turned out it was the right call. Scouts and GM's all tend to talk to each other in and around draft day and teams can have a good feel for who's drafting who and which players are going to end up falling/rising.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
All I have is a theory so no point in getting into that.

When it comes to Hall I am reminded of what a former GM told me. "Never acquire a guy who has always been in a losing atmosphere."
I know it’s futile to second guess the past. But you have to wonder what would’ve happened had Edmonton picked Seguin.

Maybe things turn out different. Or not. I always felt like Hall just lacked that veteran (kinda like Bergeron had along the way with a guy like Lapointe) to just show him how to be a pro and act accordingly

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I know it’s futile to second guess the past. But you have to wonder what would’ve happened had Edmonton picked Seguin.

Maybe things turn out different. Or not. I always felt like Hall just lacked that veteran (kinda like Bergeron had along the way with a guy like Lapointe) to just show him how to be a pro and act accordingly
he had a few years with guys like Ryan Smyth and Shawn Horcoff early on and our own esteemed Andy Ference for a bit as well. Maybe none of those guys ever took Hall under their wing, but i don't think its accurate to say there was no one around to show the kid the ropes.

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
For me Hall looks like the guy who needs play top minutes with top players to produce the best effort. The fact is that he has all the attributes, but does he fit with the guys like Krejci or should he play with Bergeron and Marchand or Bergeron and Pasta.

At current form i’d say he is bust. If his trade value is something like 3rd round pick and Moore, i’d go for him. 1st or 2nd is too much.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Hannifin playing well maybe can get him cause flames are a tire fire right now. Package debrusk vaak 2nd round pick for Bennett and hannifin. Is that a fair deal? Too much? Did we win the trade? Comments below .

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Hannifin playing well maybe can get him cause flames are a tire fire right now. Package debrusk vaak 2nd round pick for Bennett and hannifin. Is that a fair deal? Too much? Did we win the trade? Comments below .
my concern is it doesnt help our goal scoring and creates further issues for the expansion draft.
I think our D has been fine, I think Sweeney needs to find the elusive Sasquatch err I mean the elusive 2RW.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
my concern is it doesnt help our goal scoring and creates further issues for the expansion draft.
I think our D has been, I think Sweeney needs to find the elusive Sasquatch err I mean the elusive 2RW.

I can't make it out ... kinda looks like Reinhart???
Is that Bigfoot? A Washington traffic agency tweets a photo of, well, something

200123163924-east-washington-outdoor-camera-sighting-trnd-exlarge-169.jpg

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Still curious. Did it leaked what the Bruins offered for Ekman-Larsson in the off season? Wondering how that package compares to what they are rumored to have to offer for Ekholm.

Reactions: Gordoff

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I bet you a life time supply of @Bruinaura cookies that Sweeney doesn't even pick the phone up and call.

How quickly we Bruins fans forget things.

Remember when Chiarelli talked to Edmonton about possibly swapping picks because the Bruins wanted Hall more then Seguin?
How long did it take Chiarelli to trade his ass out of Edmonton once he had him?

If it walks like a duck.....

Good stuff as always Dom.I cannot disagree with this.Remember though he won a Hart after that trade.People here do not want him but look at Bruins forwards. Barely any have his skills or speed.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Find it funny people criticize Hall's effort when bruins currently employ Debrusk and Ritchie as 2nd line wingers.

Not saying Hall is the solution, but let's face it... almost anything would be an upgrade.

No, almost anything would not be an upgrade. We have a LOT of room to fall apart, IE: Buffalo and Calgary are complete messes both on and off the ice.
Don't want Boston to be reduced to a traveling sideshow.

Don't want to be losing to a 40 year old Zamboni driver who works for us, either.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I didn't realize Hertl was a UFA 2021 2022. (5.6 million) He should be up there for a trade target.
I have been advocating a move to get him for a long time. He is exactly the type of player we need to make a serious run to the Cup assuming Rask is healthy. I would be kicking some tires on Cogliano and Radulov as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad