Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Kase is cooked. If he comes back, he will be out again almost instantly. If a simple puck can wobble you and scramble you, one more hit and his career will be over.
Yeah I was saying that in the injury thread. He is nuts to come back. It’s time to think about a normal life after hockey

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Half right as in Palmieri coming to Boston but not with Vatanen and certainly not for DeBrusk and a pick?

Before I took my little leave, I came here and said the Bruins have circled back to Palmieri. Still stands true. I don't know for what, but I don't believe the rumor that was posted. Doesn't make sense.

And they've been in on Ekholm for weeks. That hasn't died down.

Problem for Boston right now is they have 30 players counting against the cap because of injuries/covid instead of 23. That means they can only add about $2 million cap hit right now.

I'm not making excuses for them. That is just the reality. But as fans, we still want it to happen yesterday and without taking into consideration the business side of things. I guess that's why I'm here?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Before I took my little leave, I came here and said the Bruins have circled back to Palmieri. Still stands true. I don't know for what, but I don't believe the rumor that was posted. Doesn't make sense.

Problem for Boston right now is they have 30 players counting against the cap because of injuries/covid instead of 23. That means they can only add about $2 million cap hit right now.

I'm not making excuses for them. That is just the reality. But as fans, we still want it to happen yesterday and without taking into consideration the business side of things. I guess that's why I'm here?

Wisdom and clarity amongst us rabid masses.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Bruins were 10-1-2 healthy

they are easily deepest team in league I’ve seen

12 D? Are you shitting me

Get healthy and rack up
Points vs Buffalo
We are good but our goaltening won us games and we won in ot and shoot outs. We won games we shouldn’t have won. I think we are some where in the middle of then and now. Tuukka is the key.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Please hockey trades only. If Eichel can come back by mid April he’s our guy, at least for me. Next for me would be Garland. I would gut our prospects and firsts for these players. We would keep Swayman. We have a young defence. Cup now and cup worthy for the next 5 years. Or if we could pull of Eichel and Dahlin. Yes pipe dreams, I know but please no fricken rentals.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Don't think anyone was. Just shared what I saw. I am envious of a proactive GM though. Hell of take an active GM.
So you just said you don’t want Stall. And yet I the same breath you say you are envious of a “proactive” GM who apparently gave up a 3rd and a 5th for a guy we don’t want.

You have a hugely different definition of proactive than I do.

I guess if Sweeney makes a shit to of crappy trades at least you will be happy. Jesus.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
you think he’s a 2 or 3 on a Stanley Cup champion? Playoffs are a different story and he was abused some nights as a 3rd pair

Yes I do. I think he's a #3 on a Cup champ, a #2 on a good team. He's a lot better than Andrew Ference, and Ference was a #3 on a Cup champ.

All 2's/3's get abused occasionally, if they didn't they'd be #1's. Grzelcyk dominates most nights, regardless of pair and regardless of partner. He's spent long stretches in the top4 over the last 3 years and has gone head to head with top lines and consistently comes out on top.

If you like numbers, statistically he's one of the best D in the NHL. The NHL's power rankings have him at 31. If you don't like numbers then look at how much guys like playing with him. Everyone he plays with improves, and every pair he plays on dominates 5on5.

He's the real deal.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
So you just said you don’t want Stall. And yet I the same breath you say you are envious of a “proactive” GM who apparently gave up a 3rd and a 5th for a guy we don’t want.

You have a hugely different definition of proactive than I do.

I guess if Sweeney makes a shit to of crappy trades at least you will be happy. Jesus.

I said that in regards to Bergevin doing what he needs to do before the deadline... Don't care one bit about stall.

"I guess if Sweeney makes a shit to of crappy trades at least you will be happy."

Never said the above either but we all know that's what will happen. I've lost faith in the management.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I'm willing to throw cookies into any good deal, if that would help. :D

Welcome back, Dom!! :)

Peanut-Butter-Cookies-3.jpg

Attachments

• Peanut-Butter-Cookies-3.jpg
    Peanut-Butter-Cookies-3.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 0

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yes I do. I think he's a #3 on a Cup champ, a #2 on a good team. He's a lot better than Andrew Ference, and Ference was a #3 on a Cup champ.

All 2's/3's get abused occasionally, if they didn't they'd be #1's. Grzelcyk dominates most nights, regardless of pair and regardless of partner. He's spent long stretches in the top4 over the last 3 years and has gone head to head with top lines and consistently comes out on top.

If you like numbers, statistically he's one of the best D in the NHL. The NHL's power rankings have him at 31. If you don't like numbers then look at how much guys like playing with him. Everyone he plays with improves, and every pair he plays on dominates 5on5.

He's the real deal.

I always considered Ference the #4 after Chara, Seids, and Boychuk. His and Boychuk's minutes were dead even though (obviously as they played together)

Something I never realized until I just looked it up was how sheltered Adam McQuaid was during the playoffs that year. He only averaged 13 minutes that run when the other defensemen were at about 20-23 minutes.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I'm concerned about Bergeron and Krejci. Neither one is driving the play. The top line is getting shut down a lot more this season than in year's past and I think that's because Bergeron is less of a factor. Krejci is still scoring at .68 points but he seems to have the puck less and get knocked off the puck more than in years past... when he play with 63 & 88 they're not as dynamic as they used to be, when he plays with Smith they get shots but they don't get a ton of zone time...

I don't know. Maybe it's a mid-season slump, but I was worried about this last summer. No team has won a Cup with two 35 year old centers in the top6, at least not as far back as I looked (which was decades). I think there's a reason for that.

So I think it would be foolish to go all in at this point. Try to make yourself better, but I hope any trade they make, they do it with an eye towards the future. Get a center, or get a guy who can play wing or center, or at least get a guy who will be here long enough to play with Coyle or Studnicka or whoever is the #2 next year.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Yikes......

Sounds like Boston is in the market for a doctor with little to no scruples and an extra 20 minutes of spare time.

Kase? “Never in my life seen a healthier Cat scan. Good to go two weeks ago”

Carlo? “Do you know what day it is? Excellent. Good to go, son”

Miller? “This is a shot of Vitamin C. I know it says liquid opium. Ignore that, and lace them up my boy”

Lauzon? “You think Paccitetty is the wolverine? You are the f***ing Wolverine, son. Believe and it is so”

Kuhlman? “I’m not a hand doctor. Looks good to me though. Get on the f***ing ice, son. People want your job”

Seny? “Didn’t even see what happened. Strap the bucket on and get your ass out there”

Tuukka? “Sit on bench with a heat pad. You’re just watching tonight, anyway.”

Donny we’re all good here. Get your Cap guy on the computer and charge up your phone. Everyone cleared. I’m off to lunch and my bill is in your inbox.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I always considered Ference the #4 after Chara, Seids, and Boychuk. His and Boychuk's minutes were dead even though (obviously as they played together)

Something I never realized until I just looked it up was how sheltered Adam McQuaid was during the playoffs that year. He only averaged 13 minutes that run when the other defensemen were at about 20-23 minutes.

They had so many warriors on that team... Fwiw, I always considered Ference a #5, but the way he elevated his play in the playoffs was a huge reason they won the Cup. He pretty much stepped into that 2nd pair, puck mover's role, he was 3rd in ES TOI and he put up points too. (And a finger, ha! :sarcasm:)

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I said that in regards to Bergevin doing what he needs to do before the deadline... Don't care one bit about stall.

"I guess if Sweeney makes a shit to of crappy trades at least you will be happy."

Never said the above either but we all know that's what will happen. I've lost faith in the management.
I get it, you’re frustrated. Fine.

But you cannot say that we should be envious of a GM who trades decent picks for a player you don’t want because he is somehow being proactive.

It’s why I made the smart ass comment about us making a bunch of shitty trades. We trade a 1st, 2nd, Lauzon and JDB for few months of Hall.... you’d probably go ape. If so, you’d really go ape if I then responded “well at least he’s proactive”

Do you see what I’m getting at here?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

bah, I prefer the Sweeney sitting on his hands again reasoning:sarcasm:

Reactions: Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad