Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Management Speaks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 31 28.7%
  • Trade

Votes: 49 45.4%

• Total voters

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

When was he a star player?

But it's a good example of why you prioritize guys like Swayman and not guys like Elias Lindholm or Nikita Zadorov.

PAY YOUR STARS! If that means one less middle six forward or one less bottom 4 D-man, so be it.

It's stomach turning really to see this franchise commit 7 years to a 29-year old Lindholm after 2 down seasons but draw a hard line in the sand with a 25-year old Swayman.

Neely wants to talk comps? Where was the comps for journeyman Zadorov and his 6-year, 5 million dollar deal? Reality is, there were none. I guess comps don't matter to skaters, only to goalies.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think they are ruthless regardless.
#tuukkasfault

But yeah, it will be ugly real fast.

Its funny you put #TuukkasFault because I was just thinking that goalies seem to be such a lightning rod with Bruins fans. I mean if part of the fan base doesn't hate you are you really a #1 goalie for the Bruins?

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
so if 8x$8M guaranteed is on the table then how is Jeremy going to feed his family? ...I'd hold out ...not.....you'd think as soon as that offer was on the table he'd snatch it up or say "damn we're close lets hammer this out ...maybe give me lifetime business courses on top"

Reactions: shelbysdad

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
so if 8x$8M guaranteed is on the table then how is Jeremy going to feed his family? ...I'd hold out ...not.....you'd think as soon as that offer was on the table he'd snatch it up or say "damn we're close lets hammer this out ...maybe give me lifetime business courses on top"
Maybe he wants a 4 year deal from 25 to 29 then cash in on a deal 29-37?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The kings will be in town in a couple of weeks maybe he could be on their plane flying out of Boston, or he could listen to a Dionne Warwick song "do you know the way to San Jose ", but yes Utah would be sweet, and Anaheim still looms out there. Bottom line is his Bruins days are numbered
SJ just traded for Askarov, doubt they'd commit the term to Swayman.

LA doesn't have the cap space. But any team that is trading for Swayman is dealing cap back, and not necessarily in a star or even really good player.

Would probably be a goalie and either middle 6 F + pick/prospect or just a goalie and picks & prospects.

CBJ, ANA and UTA maybe could be landing spots.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Maybe it’s because I grew up in a dysfunctional family with two parents that regularly fought, but I love this turmoil as a fan.

My freshman year of college, I wrote a 15 page paper on the recently ended 2004-05 NHL Lockout and the newly negotiated CBA.

I find the business side of the game more compelling than the games at this point.

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
When was he a star player?

But it's a good example of why you prioritize guys like Swayman and not guys like Elias Lindholm or Nikita Zadorov.

PAY YOUR STARS! If that means one less middle six forward or one less bottom 4 D-man, so be it.

It's stomach turning really to see this franchise commit 7 years to a 29-year old Lindholm after 2 down seasons but draw a hard line in the sand with a 25-year old Swayman.

Neely wants to talk comps? Where was the comps for journeyman Zadorov and his 6-year, 5 million dollar deal? Reality is, there were none. I guess comps don't matter to skaters, only to goalies.
So you want the Bruins to copy the Leafs model? Bizarre....

Reactions: lopey

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Hopefully not

Lot of things to look at when he signs

Will he be the upbeat guy
Teammates reception - only he will know (what he wants could cause a player to be moved)
Will fans be on him
And most importantly is he very good

Lots of pressure

Not sure if agent read the room or part of Swayman was a means to an end when it comes to dealing with Donny
I don't think forcing Sweeney to trade players to fit in his salary is a good strategy. If he likes Boston and wants to stay here, he should take the guaranteed $64M. Make money on the side with endorsements. Set for generations.

Reactions: UConn126

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not someone who generally supports management, but I think have really kept a lid n it until today, Swayman has been pissing and moaning for about a year. I think Neely has had enough.

Ehh I guess that all depends where you think the rumors of swayman signing two weeks ago came from.

Personally I think that’s where the bruins offered the 8x8 and someone in the organization leaked it thinking they had swayman or as a way to start getting the media on their side.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
If you want to play the " what others are thinking " game, you should take a look at other fan base responses. Most agree with the Bruins.
Most would love Sway as their goalie too I would imagine. What Neely did was stupid and if you can't see that I'm not sure what to say,

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So you want the Bruins to copy the Leafs model? Bizarre....

Leafs model doesn't work because they spent it all on forwards.

Imagine if the Leafs had Matthews and Nylander, and then spent the other 20 million on a legit No.1 D-man and a legit star No.1 goaltender.

Seems like what fans around here want is an expansion Vegas or Seattle model, where they have no stars just 18 mediocre skaters making roughly the same amount and 2 average goalies.

When you get star players, you keep them. Something this franchise often takes issue with.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Lewis Gross is the problem here. He is a garbage agent and a greedy idiot. Swayman needs to fire him.

Quite the contrary. He’s an outstanding agent for players and quite often gets them paid almost exactly what they are looking for.

Fanbases only hate him because he’s really good at his job and fans know they aren’t getting a hometown discount when Gross is the agent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad