Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Listened to the end of season and Dubas said it's been a really hard year on his wife and family. Needs to take the time to speak to them tonight and what they want too.

Said later in the presser that he envisions being Leafs GM or taking time away from the game next year.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Kyle Dubas says he’s either interested in staying in Toronto as GM or he needs time away to recalibrate. Says he won’t be popping up elsewhere next week in another GM job…
Says it’s been a tough year on his family and he needs to think about that. He wouldn't be GM in Pittsburgh he would be Director of Player Operations

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Pretty clear Dubas is not in the picture.
But but but he’s all talk - what GM wouldnt want come here to shovel the sh** storm left by Sleepy? Oh, and you to keep the town idiot coach strictly because he’s from Massachusetts.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He literally said he'll either be the GM of the Leafs or step away from the NHL for a year. There's no reason for him to say that unless he means it.
Yeah, I’m not sure how anyone has any hope Dubas ends up here after that quote. It wasn’t something I want to remain in Toronto, it was I will either be here or take some time off to regroup.

Pretty clear cut, no?

Not to mention the fact that sleepy destroyed this team, he’d have to live in Pittsburgh, he’d be stuck with Sully, and we don’t have many prospects.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
You still believe in Santa Claus & The Easter Bunny ?
Lay out the incentive for Dubas to say what he did in a world where he didn't mean it. I'm not saying it's for sure 100% done, if FSG gives him a boatload of money for some reason he'll be forced to think about it, but I have no reason to think his quotes were mind games or something.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
& How many UFA's to BE say they want to STAY & Don't
How many say I want to stay in this city or I will step away from the game to regroup? Dubas is 37 years old, he’ll have plenty of opportunities. He’s not some idiot like Hextall happy to get one last GM job before getting banished by the league as an advisor for the rest of his career.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Lay out the incentive for Dubas to say what he did in a world where he didn't mean it. I'm not saying it's for sure 100% done, if FSG gives him a boatload of money for some reason he'll be forced to think about it, but I have no reason to think his quotes were mind games or something.
1st OFF he would be Director of Players Operations & yes he would get a lot more money & power than he has in Toronto

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
1st OFF he would be Director of Players Operations & yes he would get a lot more money & power than he has in Toronto
Director of hockey operations* and I don't think he was being coy about the job titles in what his intentions were.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
If Dubas isn't interested, that's fine.

I can see that, if given the option, he'd like to continue building the Leafs vs coming into something new. I think he's hanging on to that thought.

We don't have the luxury to wait, so we move on. Tulsky/Botterill are just as good options.

Reactions: wizmet12

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
WTfF do you want Dubas to say?? I hate this f***ing Job & Shanahan & I am f***ing leaving for any other GM Job

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
WTfF do you want Dubas to say?? I hate this f***ing Job & Shanahan & I am f***ing leaving for any other GM Job
Not to even mention taking a step away. If he was just deflecting, he would have said that they will go through the process, but he would like to stay.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean he didn't really have to say anything at all. Most GMs don't. That's a noteworthy thing to say.

Just because a bunch of us love shooting our mouths off without fear of looking dumb/unprofessional later doesn't mean everyone else does.

Reactions: Josey Wales

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
You people are as Dense as a Rain Forest
You still haven't answered what his incentive was to openly say that he definitely won't go anywhere else. He didn't say he didn't want to go anywhere else, he said he won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad