Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
You still haven't answered what his incentive was to openly say that he definitely won't go anywhere else. He didn't say he didn't want to go anywhere else, he said he won't.
YOU DO NOT BURN YOUR BRIDGES BEFORE MAKING YOUR DECISION !!!

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Yea so he could have just said he wanted to stay and not make up a big ol story and say things he didn't need to.
If I had a f***ing Dollar for every Time a GM, Head Coach, Asst Coach & Players said this is where I want to be & then left I would be rich beyond my wildest dreams

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Yeah, Dubas' statement was unequivocal. He specifically said, "You won't see me next week popping up elsewhere."

Meanwhile, Rossi with an update. No names, but some nuggets on structure/aspirations.

Of note:
- With Dubas out, Rossi expects the pace to pick up in the hiring process.
- Rossi echoed what has been reported nationally, that there will be a President of Hockey Operations and a General Manager. However, Rossi noted that Hextall ran the front office as GM and Burke was more of an advisor despite the title, so the Penguins have options. They could have a traditional GM making day-to-day moves and trades supported by an analytical, younger PHO running other departments, or vice versa.
- No matter what, FSG is devoting more resources to analytics. Ownership felt it wasn't utilized properly by HexBurke.
- Hiring recommendations will be done by the end of the month at the latest.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Yeah, Dubas' statement was unequivocal. He specifically said, "You won't see me next week popping up elsewhere."

Meanwhile, Rossi with an update. No names, but some nuggets on structure/aspirations.

Of note:
- With Dubas out, Rossi expects the pace to pick up in the hiring process.
- Rossi echoed what has been reported nationally, that there will be a President of Hockey Operations and a General Manager. However, Rossi noted that Hextall ran the front office as GM and Burke was more of an advisor despite the title, so the Penguins have options. They could have a traditional GM making day-to-day moves and trades supported by an analytical, younger PHO running other departments, or vice versa.
- No matter what, FSG is devoting more resources to analytics. Ownership felt it wasn't utilized properly by HexBurke.
- Hiring recommendations will be done by the end of the month at the latest.
SO All you believing Dubas is a No go are in the Gerbil Boy Rossi camp CONGRATS!!!

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
If I had a f***ing Dollar for every Time a GM, Head Coach, Asst Coach & Players said this is where I want to be & then left I would be rich beyond my wildest dreams
Name one time a guy said "I will not be getting hired by another team, that's for sure"

Reactions: Pens x

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Ok I looked it up and it's never happened
SURE YOIU DID! & Name the last GM or HC of any sport Team that said at a PC after the team lost in playoffs "I hate this City, I hate The Franchise & I hate My Boss!! I will be anywhere but here next season

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Couple new names from Pierre.

I would not get caught up in the names -- it is clear they are casting a wide net, which will inevitably include some notable retreads.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
For what it's worth (not that much)

Steve Dangle said he heard from some people that Chayka as President and Bergevin as GM is what is going around.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
SURE YOIU DID! & Name the last GM or HC of any sport Team that said at a PC after the team lost in playoffs "I hate this City, I hate The Franchise & I hate My Boss!! I will be anywhere but here next season
Jesus, it's not one or the other.

Dubas simply had to say, "I want to be here. We'll see what we can work out." If asked about other opportunities, he could have said, "My focus is on Toronto."

Instead, he emphatically went out of his way to say that if he's not in Toronto, he isn't going to be employed.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Couple new names from Pierre.

I would not get caught up in the names -- it is clear they are casting a wide net, which will inevitably include some notable retreads.

BUT the Hockey Geniuses here said They couldn't interview Tulsky because his team was still playing in playoffs

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Jesus, it's not one or the other.

Dubas simply had to say, "I want to be here. We'll see what we can work out." If asked about other opportunities, he could have said, "My focus is on Toronto."

Instead, he emphatically went out of his way to say that if he's not in Toronto, he isn't going to be employed.
WHY would he say anything negative at all ?

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
For what it's worth (not that much)

Steve Dangle said he heard from some people that Chayka as President and Bergevin as GM is what is going around.
I think those people are just speculating and trying to put name combinations together, considering it's widely accepted that they're just beginning second round interviews.

Reactions: Freeptop

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
lol if they hire Bergevin one of two things:

1. I no longer will be fielding "FSG is a super serial super top shelf operation, guys. Nothing but the best is demanded" as serious takes.

or

2. The Penguins job is considered el stinko.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
WHY would he say anything negative at all ?
Negotiating tactics. He just emphatically showcased his commitment to the Leafs. It's now up to their owners to figure out what they want to do with him.

Also, by sticking to what he said and taking a year off, he would be in a prime position to be the top candidate for any opening next year, instead of jumping in late in the process this year.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I think those people are just speculating and trying to put name combinations together, considering it's widely accepted that they're just beginning second round interviews.
Could be, but he sounded pretty specific. I have no idea who his sources are though. Chayka might be interesting but he seemed like a fraud and somebody the rest of the GM's would not like to deal with after what happened in Arizona. I mean he traded for Kessel who we all knew was cooked. Bergevin I just don't understand - though I like his aggressiveness I guess, and he's probably pretty popular around the league.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Could be, but he sounded pretty specific. I have no idea who his sources are though. Chayka might be interesting but he seemed like a fraud and somebody the rest of the GM's would not like to deal with after what happened in Arizona. I mean he traded for Kessel who we all knew was cooked. Bergevin I just don't understand - though I like his aggressiveness I guess, and he's probably pretty popular around the league.
If Chayka is in the mix, it's to be the president of hockey ops and not someone making day-to-day moves. It's to run the scouting and analytics departments, providing the tools and data the GM needs.

You could easily pair someone like Chayka with Tulsky or Darche, who have done just about everything except manage the day-to-day operations of a team and make trades/free agent signings.

Reactions: ehill613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad