Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Funny the Leafs board is now talking about Tulsky is Dubas isn't going back. We shouldn't waste too much time and energy with Bergevin, Chiarelli etc.... Hire Eric already

mephisto1812

Mar 28, 2013
I'm absolutely convinced Jake's shoulder injury robbed him of his shot velocity and willingness to get his hands dirty in the corners. It's part of the reason I'd be down for trading him for a different type of player, and I'm a major Jake fan.
Totally agree with this, he's just never been the same since. Love the guy, but not sure we should pony up what the market will demand for him. Trade him... if he goes off somewhere else, well, you knew that was a possibility. Just get someone back for him that will make it ok.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Also advantageous to potentially hurt a divisional opponent by hiring Tulsky.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don't know why the Penguins GM would already be decided if they're still interviewing 10-12 people and haven't even gone on to round 2 in negotiations. Especially considering Chayka's name isn't even mentioned.
Seravalli mentioned Chayka last week

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
For what it's worth (not that much)

Steve Dangle said he heard from some people that Chayka as President and Bergevin as GM is what is going around.
Gross

lol if they hire Bergevin one of two things:

1. I no longer will be fielding "FSG is a super serial super top shelf operation, guys. Nothing but the best is demanded" as serious takes.

or

2. The Penguins job is considered el stinko.
I think FSG proved they aren’t some elite ownership

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hire Darche, please. Hard pass on half of these names thrown around. Tulsky would be okay too.

The wide net theory is the latest desperate attempt to defend FSG. I don’t care if your net is the size of the Pacific Ocean, you don’t interview Chiarelli.

But but but they aren’t hockey guys; leave them alone.

Last edited:

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Hire Darche, please. Hard pass on half of these names thrown around. Tulsky would be okay too.

The wide net theory is the latest desperate attempt to defend FSG. I don’t care if your net is the size of the Pacific Ocean, you don’t interview Chiarelli.

But but but they aren’t hockey guys; leave them alone.
Maybe being new to the sport they would interview Chia to see what they don't want in a candidate lol.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
You would assume Mario isn't heavily involved with this process?

Probably not but it wouldn't be surprising if FSG reached out, especially if they are hoping to have him more involved this coming year as they spoke about at that press conference. It's one thing to ask Mario for someone they should speak to in round 1 and a complete other to hire the guy simply to pander to the minority owner. Though I guess that's certainly possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad