Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania

Three more confirmed names from LeBrun. Devils senior VP/AGM Dan MacKinnon, Devils AGM Kate Madigan and Devils director of player development Meghan Duggon.

He also couldn’t confirm that Botterill or Darche but he’d be surprised if they weren’t interviewed. So we have seven confirmed names out of 10-12 and likely nine names if you include Botterill and Darche. Seravelli also said a couple days ago that they talked to Cam Lawrence as well.

I don’t know the credentials of any of the Devils candidates but I won’t complain if they get someone from that front office. They’ve built that team up well.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeywiz542

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I k ow he doesn’t have much power anymore but; Bergevin would be very on brand for Mario just hiring his buddies all the time.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The team he built in 2021 was great but if we're Honest here, Bergevin pretty owed that run mainly on the fact that Carey Price was a demi-god on those playoffs

Gallagher's contract and Armia's contract are his current legacy
Problem is, he pretty much had to do Gallagher. I mean, guys in that mold are few and far between and he had a tremendous contract year. You can't replace guys like Gallagher. Hell, plenty of people here still want him.

Armia is in a similar boat, did was great in 21 and played the way you needed him to play - as the big-body wing.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
In some ways I'm less concerned who gets the gm job than what their stated direction is. I want to know what the plan is for this team.

I mean sure I guess I will worry about the gm job if FSG puts someone shitty in there but I'd be deeply surprised if they hired like Chiarelli or whatever.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Problem is, he pretty much had to do Gallagher. I mean, guys in that mold are few and far between and he had a tremendous contract year. You can't replace guys like Gallagher. Hell, plenty of people here still want him.

Armia is in a similar boat, did was great in 21 and played the way you needed him to play - as the big-body wing.

Gallagher's, at that point, was given a "Thank You" contract because he was already damaged Goose. A 6.5M/6y "Thank You" contract. Let that sink in
Armia, at no point ever, deserved the contract Bergevin gave him

He also gave to Price a 10.5M/8y contract. And look, I'm a Price fanboy, he's m'y favorite player since the past 15 years. I firmly believe that he's a 1st ballot hall of Famer, but this contract is terrible

And those are some of the contracts he gave. We could also talk about the contracts he failed to give... Like the times he lost Danault for nothing for a measly 500 000$

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Gallagher's, at that point, was given a "Thank You" contract because he was already damaged Goose. A 6.5M/6y "Thank You" contract. Let that sink in
Armia, at no point ever, deserved the contract Bergevin gave him

He also gave to Price a 10.5M/8y contract. And look, I'm a Price fanboy, he's m'y favorite player since the past 15 years. I firmly believe that he's a 1st ballot hall of Famer, but this contract is terrible

And those are some of the contracts he gave. We could also talk about the contracts he failed to give... Like the times he lost Danault for nothing for a measly 500 000$
Agree on Gallagher. Plenty of guys have gotten that final big pad day as the thank you.

Armia, to an extent is a tough find. If he was 5'11, 190lbs, he'd be out on his butt. His height and weight got him the deal. Not saying it was a good deal, just saying that I get it.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Agree on Gallagher. Plenty of guys have gotten that final big pad day as the thank you.

Armia, to an extent is a tough find. If he was 5'11, 190lbs, he'd be out on his butt. His height and weight got him the deal. Not saying it was a good deal, just saying that I get it.

Armia is the best player on the Ice every ten Games. Problem is, he's a ghost the other 9.
Bergevin rewarded him with a 3.5M/4y contract, which is insane

Seriously guys, I'm a fan of the Pens, Lemieux is my favorite player ever and Crosby is my second favorite player of this era behind only Price; I don't wish you Marc f***ing Bargain Bin anywhere around your team, you don't want that and you certainly don't need it

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Armia is the best player on the Ice every ten Games. Problem is, he's a ghost the other 9.

Seriously guys, I'm a fan of the Pens, Lemieux is my favorite player ever and Crosby is my second favorite player of this era behind only Price; I don't wish you Marc f***ing Bargain Bin anywhere around your team, you don't want that and you certainly don't need it

I guess at least ya'll gave Carey flippin' Price 10+ million. He's like one of the only exceptions to the "all goaltenders are airhead flakes" rule.

Over here in Penguins land we had smart people saying Tristan Jarry should be a 7M dollar a year player because "what choice do we have."

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

From your lips to FSG's ears.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I guess at least ya'll gave Carey flippin' Price 10+ million. He's like one of the only exceptions to the "all goaltenders are airhead flakes" rule.

Over here in Penguins land we had smart people saying Tristan Jarry should be a 7M dollar a year player because "what choice do we have."

Man, Bergevin would 100% give that contract, no doubts about that

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Man, Bergevin would 100% give that contract, no doubts about that

I tend to be a little suspicious of FSG and how green they are when it comes to navigating the sport. But I'm going to be positive for a change and assume that if a guy like Bergevin even interviewed it's simply out of due diligence and wanting to pick as many GM/former GM brains as possible as part of the process. I just don't see what he could bring to the table that they find particularly attractive.

But I probably just jinxed the whole thing.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

FSGDontScrewUp

Apr 25, 2023

Three more confirmed names from LeBrun. Devils senior VP/AGM Dan MacKinnon, Devils AGM Kate Madigan and Devils director of player development Meghan Duggon.

He also couldn’t confirm that Botterill or Darche but he’d be surprised if they weren’t interviewed. So we have seven confirmed names out of 10-12 and likely nine names if you include Botterill and Darche. Seravelli also said a couple days ago that they talked to Cam Lawrence as well.

I don’t know the credentials of any of the Devils candidates but I won’t complain if they get someone from that front office. They’ve built that team up well.

Where did Frank say this? Its not on his Twitter page

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

It's too bad cap hit doesn't fluctuate with actual play. Jarry would be a $7 million cap hit during his 20-game hot stretches, but then would only cost us $7 dollars toward the cap during the rest of the time.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I tend to be a little suspicious of FSG and how green they are when it comes to navigating the sport. But I'm going to be positive for a change and assume that if a guy like Bergevin even interviewed it's simply out of due diligence and wanting to pick as many GM/former GM brains as possible as part of the process. I just don't see what he could bring to the table that they find particularly attractive.

But I probably just jinxed the whole thing.
I suppose I'll just have to be extra negative for the both of us, then.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's too bad cap hit doesn't fluctuate with actual play. Jarry would be a $7 million cap hit during his 20-game hot stretches, but then would only cost us $7 dollars toward the cap during the rest of the time.

Pay them on commission. I like it!

"Coffee is for closers, Tristan."

I suppose I'll just have to be extra negative for the both of us, then.

Don't worry it'll pass. Right around when the hire my dream team of Chia/Bergevin/McGuire, I figure.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Bergy with a strong analytics crew to back him up...while not my first option, I will say there are definitely worse options.
Put him an analytic president that will oversee the development + scouting staff and that will not let him fall in love with certain player and let Bergevin manage the day to day and he could be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad