Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Think I said this a number of days ago lol…

Reactions: pistolpete11

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
point is, change is necessary…teams get a beat on you when you play the same way year and year…also notice how those teams also changed goalies…who’s playing now wasn’t the goalie who got them into the playoffs, same deal…teams figure out your goalie weaknesses fast…a big reason we need to change out our coach and goalie
wow Scouts scout teams on how they play??? NO SHIT?? they scout Goalies for their Weaknesses too???? next you will tell us that the team that scores the most goals in a game wins the game

make you feel good that You think like Flounder

Reactions: Pens x

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I think if Dubas comes on he will be our President, not the GM. I think that's the only way we're a more attractive destination than staying in Toronto. That and money of course.

President - Dubas
GM - Eric Tulsky (AGM of the Canes)
Sounds good to me, then trade Sullivan to the Rags for picks. Madden is usually a pretty big crackpot, but that idea isn't half bad. He's going to get fired at some point in the near future anyway.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Pittsburgh
Sounds good to me, then trade Sullivan to the Rags for picks. Madden is usually a pretty big crackpot, but that idea isn't half bad. He's going to get fired at some point in the near future anyway.
I don't think it's legal within NHL bylaws to trade a coach. Has it happened before?

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Canucks offer

Boeser + Podkolzin
For
Granlund + 14th overall pick

Boeser is a slow skater but he has very high IQ and is a natural goal scorer. He knows where to be. He’s a heavy winger and just turned 26.

He doesn’t get many chances with Pettersson or Miller due to Canucks winger depth. He is best with Pettersson though, and I know he would be even better with Crosby

We could use Granlund as our 3C

OR do you guys want someone like Kuzmenko , which we would really have to add on the Penguins side because Kuzmenko is very dynamic and clearly a step ahead of Boeser.

I apologize if my value is off, I’m not too familiar with this years draft

Let me know your thoughts ,

Kind regards,

Coffee

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps

LOL , imagine getting a 1st round pick for Sullivan

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
wow Scouts scout teams on how they play??? NO SHIT?? they scout Goalies for their Weaknesses too???? next you will tell us that the team that scores the most goals in a game wins the game

make you feel good that You think like Flounder
No need to consider a trade, just let him go that's already a win!!

Reactions: Pens x

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I don't think it's legal within NHL bylaws to trade a coach. Has it happened before?
Teams used to be able to get draft pick compensation for staff hirings if they were still under contract but the league banned that awhile ago because guys that had been fired but still had contracts were basically being prevented from getting a new job because teams didn’t want to pay picks for them.

I believe some wanted the league to just update the rule that teams could only demand compensation for staff members currently employed. IE: Pens could tell teams they can talk to Sully but they want a 1st if he agrees to go to their team; however the Pens couldn’t demand any compensation for someone to talk to Hextall or Burke since they were fired. Naturally the NHL couldn’t handle this so they just scrapped the whole thing.

It’s not surprising Mark Madden apparently wrote an entire article without even understanding the rules. I mean, technically, the teams could do a side deal after the fact (1st for future considerations) but I think the league might catch that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freeptop and Andy99

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Coaches in the conference finals:
Cassidy— first year coach for Knights
Deboer— first year coach for Stars
Hakstol— second year coach for Kraken
Maurice — first year coach for Florida
Brind’Amour— fifth year coach (bucks the tend, hasn’t won anything)

See a pattern? I do…
Last year, the Cup Final teams were coached by Bednar (6th year) and Cooper (9th year).

For there to be a pattern, there would have to be data trending over multiple years, not one.

Reactions: Freeptop and Turin

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Canucks offer

Boeser + Podkolzin
For

Boeser is a slow skater but he has very high IQ and is a natural goal scorer. He knows where to be. He’s a heavy winger and just turned 26.

He doesn’t get many chances with Pettersson or Miller due to Canucks winger depth. He is best with Pettersson though, and I know he would be even better with Crosby

OR do you guys want someone like Kuzmenko , which we would really have to add on the Penguins side because Kuzmenko is very dynamic and clearly a step ahead of Boeser.

Kind regards,

Coffee
I'll tell you what, you can just have Granlund.

• Love
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Canucks offer

Boeser + Podkolzin
For

Kind regards,

Coffee

Yes. Easily do this deal.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Last year, the Cup Final teams were coached by Bednar (6th year) and Cooper (9th year).

For there to be a pattern, there would have to be data trending over multiple years, not one.
I think last year is more of an outlier…Tampa certainly has been…historically coaches with less than 5 years on the job have been in the SCF more than those over

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Canucks offer

Boeser + Podkolzin
For

Kind regards,

Coffee
Yup, sounds good.

Reactions: Freeptop

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I have doubts over Boeser's value but that's still a pretty easy yes from me. Granlund is miserable and the 14th is whatever. Boeser despite his warts gives the team a player with an actual heavy shot. Hopefully he could put his game together a bit more, here. I get that he's had more downs than ups in Vancouver lately but I think he gives the Penguins a skillset they desperately lack.

Podkolzin seems like his development has maybe sputtered a bit but he's still far more intriguing than anything the Penguins have currently and is likely about the same quality guy you're getting at 14 anyhow.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I have doubts over Boeser's value but that's still a pretty easy yes from me. Granlund is miserable and the 14th is whatever. Boeser despite his warts gives the team a player with an actual heavy shot. Hopefully he could put his game together a bit more, here. I get that he's had more downs than ups in Vancouver lately but I think he gives the Penguins a skillset they desperately lack.

Podkolzin seems like his development has maybe sputtered a bit but he's still far more intriguing than anything the Penguins have currently and is likely about the same quality guy you're getting at 14 anyhow.

They definitely need a player this offseason that can score from long-range. Zucker is arguably the only top 6 guy that can score from above the dot. And he's about to be a FA.

Again, it's not about getting the right player(s), it's getting the right MIX of them. The Pens' top 6 are pretty much the same types of players.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
They definitely need a player this offseason that can score from long-range. Zucker is arguably the only top 6 guy that can score from above the dot. And he's about to be a FA.

Again, it's not about getting the right player(s), it's getting the right MIX of them. The Pens' top 6 are pretty much the same types of players.

Jake used to be one of those guys, too. But I dunno. Despite him putting up good numbers something seemed off about his shot all year. His whole game is predicated on smarts... his physical tools are limited and even his offensive arsenal not exactly varied. All the more reason to keep a close eye on him re: his upcoming contract.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Jake used to be one of those guys, too. But I dunno. Despite him putting up good numbers something seemed off about his shot all year. His whole game is predicated on smarts... his physical tools are limited and even his offensive arsenal not exactly varied. All the more reason to keep a close eye on him re: his upcoming contract.

I'm absolutely convinced Jake's shoulder injury robbed him of his shot velocity and willingness to get his hands dirty in the corners. It's part of the reason I'd be down for trading him for a different type of player, and I'm a major Jake fan.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Coaches in the conference finals:
Cassidy— first year coach for Knights
Deboer— first year coach for Stars
Hakstol— second year coach for Kraken
Maurice — first year coach for Florida
Brind’Amour— fifth year coach (bucks the tend, hasn’t won anything)

See a pattern? I do…
Also tells you that it's less about finding "new coaches" and more about replacing a stale coach.

Fresh retreads work!

Many here wanted Gallant, though after the last playoff performance, you wonder. A players coach for the Pens usually meant "country club" in the past.

Regardless, you think he will be available for a mid-season Sully swap over?

Reactions: Andy99

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
It seems like the general temperature is shifting a bit to Dubas now staying in Toronto and the BENEVOLENT LEAF OVERLORDS leaning toward allowing it to be so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad