Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Dubas is probably top of my list for the Pens. Mildly surprised Hunter isnt on the list, but hes probably not analytical enough for FSG. I think Dubas could do a good job here, hes not afraid to make bold moves and has a pretty solid draft record. My only worry is that he will be too attached to the Pens core like he was to the Leafs core. Sid, Geno and Letang should retire as Pens, everyone else should be fair game to make the Pens better.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I think if it's Dubas, he's gonna be the sole guy. If it's Darche, Botterill might come along in some capacity. /shrug

Dubas really sounds like one of his main sticking points is not having to potentially deal with another Shanahan. Not saying Botterill or Darche are that kinda guy, but Dubas seems to want all of the keys.
If true I am picturing JR stick up the middle finger at his monitor or TV when he sees the news as that's why he left, was a crybaby about not getting full power.

"How??? I am much older then him but HE gets it??"

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Kinda crazy how polarizing Dubas is on the Toronto board. I guess after what they’ve been through I don’t blame them for having extreme takes.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Kinda crazy how polarizing Dubas is on the Toronto board. I guess after what they’ve been through I don’t blame them for having extreme takes.
Thats the Leafs fandom though. Them and Habs fans are probably the most polarizing fanbases in hockey and set a pretty good standard for sports in general.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Someone with access can post any details, but supposedly Dubas is in Pittsburgh and met with Sid late Tuesday.

He can already smell the stink of the team by that picture. I'm guessing since he's in Pittsburgh he's going to be the front runner unless Ottawa does something big. But Pittsburgh is the team that wins championships and has history of greatness and historical players.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Nothing's a done deal until it's made official, imo.

But we're inching closer to an answer, and in a handful of years we'll look back on this next week and either see it as the start of something really promising or dreadful. :laugh:

I will say the hypothetical of Dubas hopping on board and Matthews jumping ship to come to the Pens would be hilarious in a pure chaotic way. I don't know what it'd mean for the franchise, but it'd be funny.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Dubas is probably top of my list for the Pens. Mildly surprised Hunter isnt on the list, but hes probably not analytical enough for FSG. I think Dubas could do a good job here, hes not afraid to make bold moves and has a pretty solid draft record. My only worry is that he will be too attached to the Pens core like he was to the Leafs core. Sid, Geno and Letang should retire as Pens, everyone else should be fair game to make the Pens better.
Those three are the core, no one else not even Jake is a core piece.

But we're inching closer to an answer, and in a handful of years we'll look back on this next week and either see it as the start of something really promising or dreadful. :laugh:

I will say the hypothetical of Dubas hopping on board and Matthews jumping ship to come to the Pens would be hilarious in a pure chaotic way. I don't know what it'd mean for the franchise, but it'd be funny.
Trade for Marner,sign Mathews next year.

Oh and we're getting Hellebuyck right?

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Someone with access can post any details, but supposedly Dubas is in Pittsburgh and met with Sid late Tuesday.

How close is Kyle Dubas to becoming the Penguins' general manager?
How about close enough to have met with the resident franchise icon?A source with knowledge of the situation told DK Pittsburgh Sports that Dubas, an apparent finalist for the GM vacancy, was at the UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex for a session that extended late into Tuesday night. Sidney Crosby also was there and was believed to be among those who met with Dubas. Members of the Penguins' public relations staff also were on hand.

Last edited:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Dubas rules for several reasons:

1) The nickname practically writes itself. Kyle Dumbass? I mean come on. That's an easy one. This board will have a field day if they hate on him.

2) Very giffable man.

In all seriousness he might actually be a good gm so it'd be cool to get him. At the least he's young and hopefully capable of learning from any mistakes he made in Toronto.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I wonder if he's the type to stand up to Sullivan's stubbornness when he has to? That's going to be the key to everything.

Reactions: Andy99

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Dubas rules for several reasons:

1) The nickname practically writes itself. Kyle Dumbass? I mean come on. That's an easy one. This board will have a field day if they hate on him.

2) Very giffable man.

In all seriousness he might actually be a good gm so it'd be cool to get him. At the least he's young and hopefully capable of learning from any mistakes he made in Toronto.
Love the passion, love the multitude of moves- no f'n sleepy here!

Reactions: Pancakes

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Nylander + Compher for Matthews money. Nylander's production mirrored Matthews this year.

Spend smarter, not harder! Unite the brothers!

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
How close is Kyle Dubas to becoming the Penguins' general manager?
How about close enough to have met with the resident franchise icon?A source with knowledge of the situation told DK Pittsburgh Sports that Dubas, an apparent finalist for the GM vacancy, was at the UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex for a session that extended late into Tuesday night. Sidney Crosby also was there and was believed to be among those who met with Dubas. Members of the Penguins' public relations staff also were on hand.
Obviously if Pens PR staff were on hand for this reported meeting, we may see an announcement in 24-48 hours.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Nylander + Compher for Matthews money. Nylander's production mirrored Matthews this year.

Spend smarter, not harder! Unite the brothers!
I think if you can get Matthews, you get Matthews. He's the youngest of the bunch by years, and in a season looked upon as a big let down, he was still a more than PPG player. And he's got 60+ goal ability.

Nylander's very good, and Compher would be a nice pick up, but I still think in the hypothetical, you secure Matthews.

Reactions: Andy99

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yea, with Dubas you know some sort of splash is coming.

I think if you can get Matthews, you get Matthews. He's the youngest of the bunch by years, and in a season looked upon as a big let down, he was still a more than PPG player. And he's got 60+ goal ability.

Nylander's very good, and Compher would be a nice pick up, but I still think in the hypothetical, you secure Matthews.
Yah, Nylander isn't in the same world as Matthews lol.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I wonder if he's the type to stand up to Sullivan's stubbornness when he has to? That's going to be the key to everything.
Well if the rumors are true from Toronto, he wanted carte blanche written into his contract after Shanny started mettling into drafting and player ops decisions. That makes me think hes going to demand it where ever he signs next. And if hes FSGs guy, that means they will back him over Sully.

Anyone else mildly surprised Sid was in Pittsburgh by happenstance at the same time he was here to be interviewed? Im not completely versed on Sid during the offseason, but it seems too much to be coincidence that he was there. And Id be willing to bet money that Sid has his opinion asked and heard during all of this.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Going from Hextall to Dubas would be a huge upgrade. It would be nice to have a GM that’s not afraid of his shadow.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I'm just not sure why Dubas is sought after? He assembled a team nearly identical to the Penguins, with terrible defense, PP, and goaltending and heavy reliance on stars.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad