Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
So FSG got permission to talk to Dubas on Sunday and he met with Sid late yesterday. At this point the ball is in Dubas' court and FSG have probably given him a couple days to come back with his decision.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Yeah....
I keep getting updates on FB about Dubas. There is so much shit flinging going on, it's crazy! The funny part is that most of all of it is speculation, and reading heavily into a sentence here and there.

I guess I forgot what it's like being in a crazy hockey market.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Darche would be a better hire imo and I’d be fine with POHO Dubas and GM Darche…I’m not real keen on handing over the keys to the castle to Dubas, but that said, he’s a huge step up from our last front office lol

Reactions: ericstrat1

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I've not wanted to get my hopes up here, but it's seemed quite obvious to be prime opportunity for Dubas (and his family) since the start.

It makes too much sense to hire someone who has a track record, good or bad - especially if they're coming in wishing to prove themselves. Re-treads don't often work as the most they do is try to get 'their guy' to put a flavor on things but have some sort of record to rest on. Dubas is young (positive), leaving a toxic situation (chip on shoulder), is family oriented (welcome to Pennsylvania brother), bold (positive in this situation), and has had some hard lessons in recent years in high vis situation (I view this positive). Lightning in a bottle possibility here.

I've seen professionally where certain individuals rise quite fast, only to run into several bumps. There have been those in that situation who falter, and those that take a step back and shift gears. I think Dubas should take the job, if only to stave off any imposter syndrome he might feel. I think the responsibility of FSG is to be extraordinarily supportive of him and his family, while also creating clear goals that he can work to achieve. With that, you could have yourself a fine employee.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
this reads like hf fan fic.

I'm not saying it's not true, but... it also doesn't make sense.

"Hextall and Burke were brought in to break up the big-3."

"Hextall brags about re-signing (two of) the big-3"

There's like 15 bullet points missing here for this to make real sense.

I also thought Rutherford took his ball and went home when a Letang trade got blocked by upper management. But then one of the next GMs directives was to break up the big three.

That makes sense.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I also thought Rutherford took his ball and went home when a Letang trade got blocked by upper management. But then one of the next GMs directives was to break up the big three.

That makes sense.

Rutherford was losing his mind here. I was uncomfortable in his last two years - fully expecting a Malkin / Trochek swap or Letang for god knows what. He routinely overpaid, yet also shopped in the bargain bin. Strange tendencies for sure. They certainly kept him around a bit too long just as they did with Hextall.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Nothing's a done deal until it's made official, imo.

But we're inching closer to an answer, and in a handful of years we'll look back on this next week and either see it as the start of something really promising or dreadful. :laugh:

I will say the hypothetical of Dubas hopping on board and Matthews jumping ship to come to the Pens would be hilarious in a pure chaotic way. I don't know what it'd mean for the franchise, but it'd be funny.
How awesome would it be if Dubas cam in and brought over one of his guys and Sid get's his last Cup before the Leafs even make the conference final? Toronto would burn, lol.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

That makes sense.
Rutherford and others have repeatedly denied that a Letang trade was the issue.

But a power struggle over decisions in general could have been.

There are some awfully enticing bylines in that Athletic article. Then again that's probably the point in order to get the hook in.

In the end it's penned by Rob Rossi and is therefore impossible-to-believe dreck. It sounds like a sequel to his little tale he weaved last offseason.
There is a significant amount of detail about Malkin's negotiations that could have only come from Malkin's camp. Rossi is writing Malkin's biography, approved by Geno.

I know people don't like Rossi and Yohe, but they do have access to people in the organization. And those holdovers were likely more than willing to talk on background after the last couple of years.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
There is a significant amount of detail about Malkin's negotiations that could have only come from Malkin's camp. Rossi is writing Malkin's biography, approved by Geno.

I know people don't like Rossi and Yohe, but they do have access to people in the organization. And those holdovers were likely more than willing to talk on background after the last couple of years.

I personally think the supposed Rossi/Malkin connection is largely bunk.

Look they certainly have more access than like... you and me. But if these guys want to be taken seriously they need to actually... you know... deliver something that isn't clickbait garbage more than once a calendar year. Maybe actually get in on some breaking Penguins news faster than hours before national guys talk about it. That would be a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad