Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yohes been putting out hit pieces against Hextall for like a year now. He makes it seem like Hextall shat in his cereal every morning. That and he strokes off Sullivan every chance he gets. As reporters you'd expect at least some bias to be removed. Yohe continues to just come off as sour
They both hated Hextall because he did not give out anything, he kept his shit quiet.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yohe writing about Sullivan is like all those teenage girls writing Twilight fanfiction about Robert Pattison. It's borderline weird.
it's not really weird once you realize that Yohe is a dweeb who desperately wants access to the clubhouse and will kiss anyone's ass if he thinks they can get him there.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Screenshot_20230524-133500.png

How can you read this and not laugh. Maybe it's true but Yohe/Rossi are milking the shit out of it for dramatic effect. It reads like Tumblr fan fic

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
View attachment 712186
How can you read this and not laugh. Maybe it's true but Yohe/Rossi are milking the shit out of it for dramatic effect. It reads like Tumblr fan fic

Would have been an A+ read if they had wrote that Crosby cradled Blueger's head in his arms as he wept quietly, as a dog howled in the distance and the rain dropped on the wet streets.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
And I'll repeat myself for the millionth time... the Pens should have traded LeTang in 17. They would be sitting very pretty the last few seasons and into the future. But here we are...
IIRC, JR was close to trading Letang to Florida during the 2017-2018 season. His value was not that high though. Letang was coming off the stroke and his play that season wasn't great. Trading Letang at that time wouldn't have achieved anything

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
The team the leafs had this year was assembled good enough to make it to the east final. The group failed, and I’m not sure I put that all on the GM. You have a big 3 making a bunch of money, they need to perform when it matters. We are fortunate our big guys always have in the playoffs. Usually it’s the support guys failing us.

In the 2nd round when you get 1 goal from your top 3 highest paid players it definitely makes it difficult to win.

You gotta wonder why a 60 goal scorer can't score.

That is not on Dubas.

I'd be interested in what Dubas would want to do with cap space. He built a good team I felt he got a bit screwed with covid compared to other teams.

Yes he handed out big deals however they really would not have been as bad.
I am still shocked Matthews and Marner got under 8 years though. How the Frick does that work? That is my glaring problem tbh with those deals. Not the AAV but the term.

I think he makes savvy trades and tries to add to rosters what they need. I feel like this year he did that for the Leafs.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
View attachment 712186
I burst out laughing at a bar here and the local Vietnamese were already looking at me, a foreigner, funny to begin with. I just couldn't believe a mate sent me a tweet about it and I saw some replies and just laughed again. I will never join the cult of Twitter to reply there but holy shit - idiots actually believe what these two idiots write.

That floors me.

Especially funny now that Blueger is on his way to the Stanley Cup Finals while the Penguins are... not.
Serial choke artist Boobtitsky is destroying the Canes too and that has me laughing at the goalie narrative.

Paul Maurice is better at adjustments than Mike Sullivan and somehow no one wants to talk about that, ever with Yohe and Blob.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Source say Crosby stood up from dinner after the ordeal and started quoting Hamlet. Then Malkin stood up next to him and shouted "I'm Spartacus!" and while confused everyone else joined in. Ron Hextall shook his fist at the group and said "NEXT TIME GADGET... NEXT TIME!" and vanished in a cloud of smoke.,

E4

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Lmao, jesus christ...

You f***ing new?
I'm serious. Give me something more than "I don't like them, so I don't want to believe this article."

Rossi and Yohe have been hyperbolic and overly dramatic with their opinion pieces lately. Their personalities aren't for everyone.

But this is a straight-forward, reported news article. For a news outlet like The Athletic to publish it, there were steps taken to ensure its accuracy as best as possible - notes from interviews, documentation, copies of text messages, etc.

I just think all of the vitriol directed at them is over the top. It's exclusive to the Penguins fans, too. The fact that other reporters are sharing the story should be an indicator that it's trustworthy.

Reactions: Still Apps

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Rossi is the only one who has interviewed Malkin repeatedly in Russia. That doesn't happen without access.
That was awhile ago though…correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Rossi write about Geno’s FA experience with Hextall and say that Crosby went down to the Florida to console Geno….and wasn’t it proven to be fake news later when Crosby and someone else debunked it lol?

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
That was awhile ago though…correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Rossi write about Geno’s FA experience with Hextall and say that Crosby went down to the Florida to console Geno….and wasn’t it proven to be fake news later when Crosby and someone else debunked it lol?
Rossi's trip was just a couple of years ago. It was after the Kessel drama.

I do have questions about the Crosby/Malkin Florida saga. Sid definitely publicly downplayed his involvement. He always has in those situations.

But I wonder if that's just Sid trying to prevent the notion that he's controlling things. Because we have another example now of his power in the organization from the report that he met with Dubas. And that report came from Taylor Haase, one of the board's favorite reporters.

If Crosby is meeting with a prospective GM candidate under the cover of darkness, is it not possible that he had a larger role in Malkin's free agency than he was willing to publicly admit?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Their toady personalities are just a sidecar to the real issue... they aren't actually accurate in their reporting. It's like Steigerwald years ago. I didn't much care that he was a weenus and an over the top homer. He sucked at his actual job.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
But this is a straight-forward, reported news article.
No, it's not. It's as melodramatic as they come. It speaks of Sullivan as if it's USSR in 1950 and he is Stalin.

And considering how these same two, for lack of a better word, journalists, can't stand Hextall for his secrecy, their assertions about his motivations are more than a little suspect. The whole "ownership needed someone to break the big 3" story makes very little sense. Owners can always order GMs not to offer contracts to this or that player since they are the ones footing the bill, no need to go the extra mile in an attempt to find some schmuck who would obey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad