Rumor: Isles/Avs Talking Trade? (Duchene)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Islanders biggest problem, for years, has been the power play. Why would they target a guy who doesn't do PP? Isles are also deep at C, desperate for top line wing. Duchene seems like he fills an unnecessary need.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He said they were scouting each other but a player like Duchene would be a long shot. Nothing to see here as of now IMO.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Where did the last year's strong Isles team disappear? Was it really depending on Nielsen, Martin and Okposo?

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
hamonic + beauvillier/ho-sang for duchene

if you want barzal, then he will be the centerpiece of the deal....something along the lines of barzal + de haan + nelson

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Where did the last year's strong Isles team disappear? Was it really depending on Nielsen, Martin and Okposo?

Yes and no to this. The problem is we replaced Okposo and Martin with Ladd and Chimera who have been abysmal. Nielsen wasnt really replaced and that hurts

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He left a lot of very interesting pieces available like Leddy.

Leddy could be interesting if Barrie is involved, I guess.

The problem is we replaced Okposo and Martin with Ladd and Chimera who have been abysmal.

Ladd signed for 7 years. I sure hope for you that you aren't already trying to find someone else to do his job.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Reports at Avs practice right now saying Landeskog isn't there... didn't appear to get hurt last night either. Find out after practice what's up...
Hmmm....
He was rumored to be almost traded to Ducks this summer for Lindholm. But Ducks didn't pull the trigger. Roy was also calling some of the shots still then though.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007

Sort of. Letting Okposo go left the team REALLY weak at RW. They attempted to replace him with PAP, and then they... waived him? Nielsen was excellent across the board and Ladd is not an adequate replacement.

Here's the big problem: last year's team was good, but well below the elite eastern teams. Garth could have signed all of his UFAs and gotten to the cap and we're talking about the same pretty good hockey team, maybe winning a round and getting trounced by Pittsburgh or Tampa. He gambled on getting Stamkos and a shakeup ("leadership", lol), and it didn't work. He's kept Cappy on for way too long. Can't pull off a major trade that would have taken the team to the next level. So here we are.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If you check his numbers you will see that he is really high every year when talking about ES producers, you don't end up 4th overall in es points by centers by twisting the stats, you have to be damn good as well. Where he and the rest of the team struggles is the PP. On ES he's an elite point producer while being decent defensively and good at the draw.

PS

That's worth far more than pieces that are getting mentioned in this thread.

I didn't mention a single thing about whether or not the pieces offered were fair or not, I was merely commenting on the fact that he could be deemed inconsistent given his production.

There is a reason why Duchene keeps making Team Canada (Olympics, WCH, etc).

He is a pretty damn good player playing on a pretty bad team. His even strength production has been elite for years now. What is holding him back is the lack of points on the powerplay. Which IMO is mainly an Avs problem. How Tim Army has managed to keep his job for almost a decade now is a complete mistery to me.

Is he as good as Tavares?
No. But he is closer than you might want to believe.

He would be easily the Islanders 2nd best player. Very easily.

So it would need to be a kings ransom for the Avs to even consider.

Hamonic would probably the only legitimate starting point.

And than you would have to add one of Beauvillier or Barzal to get it done.

That price is very steep but everything else does not make any sense at all.

You are not getting the guy that might prompt Tavares to stay and therefore save your franchise for futures and 2nd tier pieces....

He makes team Canada because he's a good player. I didn't say anything about him not being a good player. I also didn't mention Tavares, and he would easily be the second best player on the Islanders. I also never suggested that Duchene should be had for futures and 2nd tier pieces. Furthermore, I'd do Hamonic and Barzal/Beauvillier.

Don't let that fool you. He isn't even a 60 point player, except in his career years.

(43 points in 47 games during lockout year and 59 points in 76 games are being conveniently misrepresented here)

I don't count pace usually. It's too hard to judge. Plenty of guys would have better numbers if seasons were shortened. He produced well in the lockout year, but how do any of us know he actually hits 60 if it were a full season?

Yeah, the only time he played with any real talent on his line he was at ppg. But we are just twisting the stats to make him look better than he really is.

Yes, some are.

Speaking of twisting things to make him appear better than he is, your first sentence is a pretty dishonest evaluation to make him appear worse than he is. Are we going to hold it against Duchene that a 48 game lockout season existed? He was on pace for 75 points in those 48 games. Or last year, when he had 59 points but was injured for 6 games, which means he would have comfortably broken 60 points there too?

No, it's not a dishonest evaluation. That's an accurate description of what he's actually done in the past three seasons. I'm not holding a lockout shortened season against anyone, but it should certainly be treated different, for every player, than other seasons. Injuries are fair, I suppose, but the fact remains that he didn't play and didn't hit 60 points. I'd be fine calling him a 60 point player, but my post wasn't about whether he was or he wasn't. My post was a response to someone using a very obviously cherry picked stat to try to prove that Duchene couldn't be considered inconsistent.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Islanders biggest problem, for years, has been the power play. Why would they target a guy who doesn't do PP? Isles are also deep at C, desperate for top line wing. Duchene seems like he fills an unnecessary need.

What about Brayden Schenn? He's an excellent PP guy, and though he wishes he was a center, he's a wing, and can play either side.

I know the Isles fans are down on Strome. Maybe he would benefit from a change of scenery?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Reports at Avs practice right now saying Landeskog isn't there... didn't appear to get hurt last night either. Find out after practice what's up...
Hmmm....
He was rumored to be almost traded to Ducks this summer for Lindholm. But Ducks didn't pull the trigger. Roy was also calling some of the shots still then though.

He took a pretty big hit in his own zone...

Doubt that it is trade related....

Hamonic+ Barzal could work IMO if the Avs have something else lined up for one of Hamonic/Barrie/EJ.

Sakic seems to be in love with Trouba (or atleast we were mentioned in almost every damn report even though RHD is not a need) so maybe that is something that could make some sense with Hamonic finally going home...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Don't play with my emotions like this. Our biggest need is RW but Lando would be a terrific catch. Would think Lee ++ would be headed the other way

But depending on the adds I don't see any reason for the AVS to make that deal

Both adds would have to be significantly better than Lee for that to be a possibility.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Don't play with my emotions like this. Our biggest need is RW but Lando would be a terrific catch. Would think Lee ++ would be headed the other way

Would have to be a lot of adds to get Landeskog, but he would really fit the Isles needs. Probably can't be just prospects, as Isles would need to shed some salary to fit him.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I have no idea what a trade for Landy could look like, given who is probably available and would benefit the Avs.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Landeskog plays both sides at pretty much the same level. I think hes actually better offensively on the right side myself.

I'd do it for Hamonic/De Haan + Barzal type of trade. Then hope to move Barrie for a forward like RNH. Someone we know has chemistry with MacKinnon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad