Rumor: Isles/Avs Talking Trade? (Duchene)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Strome has NEVER played well at wing, he's been a disaster there. Even Capuano mentioned that pre-season when he decided to move Strome back to center.

So his first season he didn't play well? Is that the stance you're taking?

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006
Strome is Horrible.....End the misery and ship him Out! Fire Snow ! Fire Crappyano! Fire Dougie Doo! Last Year Was a Luck Draw.....It will not be so this year as all the teams around are better and Islanders got worse. Ladd a 3rd Liner who Is Dougie Doo's good buddy! Dougie got him Overpaid for the rest of Ladd's NHL Career and Islanders will pay for it.

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006
Islanders have 3 Goalies and don't need another! Watch Snow go back to an old trading Partner sending Halak to The Flyers at The Trade deadline when the Islanders are still last in the East!

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
That's totally true. When he had 50 points as a second year player on JT's wing on the first line he was awful. Your laughs are totally justified.

:facepalm:

He was a CENTER when he scored the 50 points, not a right wing!!! The move to RW screwed up his development. Capuano ADMITTED this in the pre-season! Did you miss this?

You're an Islander fan???

:help:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
So his first season he didn't play well? Is that the stance you're taking?

He was a CENTER when he scored the 50 points. Moving him to RW completely screwed up his development. Capuano ADMITTED this in the preseason!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
He was a CENTER when he scored the 50 points, not a right wing!!!

He only took 319 faceoffs, 5th on the club (and less than half of what the player in 4th took), and approximately 1/5th of what Tavares took. Are you sure he was actually a centre for the entire year, because that is the most paltry amount of faceoffs any centre has taken over 81 games if that is the case. If you're not taking faceoffs and lining up as a centre...are you really playing centre? I'd say no.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
He only took 319 faceoffs, 5th on the club (and less than half of what the player in 4th took), and approximately 1/5th of what Tavares took. Are you sure he was actually a centre for the entire year, because that is the most paltry amount of faceoffs any centre has taken over 81 games if that is the case. If you're not taking faceoffs and lining up as a centre...are you really playing centre? I'd say no.

Yes, I am 100% sure!

In the defensive zone they tended not to use him too much to take faceoffs. Nielsen and Cizikas handled those. The Kid Line of Nelson, Strome and Lee played a lot together with Strome being the center for the most part. Sometimes Nelson would take a faceoff when the left hand made sense. But Strome was the center on that line. In his first year I doubt Strome played even ten shifts with JT the entire year and that would have been pulling the goalie type situations.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Yes, I am 100% sure!

In the defensive zone they tended not to use him too much to take faceoffs. Nielsen and Cizikas handled those. The Kid Line of Nelson, Strome and Lee played a lot together with Strome being the center for the most part. Sometimes Nelson would take a faceoff when the left hand made sense. But Strome was the center on that line. In his first year I doubt Strome played even ten shifts with JT the entire year and that would have been pulling the goalie type situations.

Except that doesn't line up. Strome only took 319 faceoffs...Nelson took 799. If Strome and Nelson were playing together a lot, and statistically Nelson was Strome's second most played with forward linemate....then Nelson was lining up as the centre the vast majority of the time, not Strome. If you're taking that few faceoffs then I really don't think you're a centre, since that is such a massive part of the job...especially when your linemate appears to be the one actually doing the duties.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
He was a CENTER when he scored the 50 points, not a right wing!!! The move to RW screwed up his development. Capuano ADMITTED this in the pre-season! Did you miss this?

He played very little center. Mostly played with Lee-Nielsen-Strome or Lee-Nelson-Strome

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

In 2014-15 he played RW mostly with either Lee and Nelson or Tavares and a never ending carousel of LW's. You're wrong.

What is your problem?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Except that doesn't line up. Strome only took 319 faceoffs...Nelson took 799. If Strome and Nelson were playing together a lot, and statistically Nelson was Strome's second most played with forward linemate....then Nelson was lining up as the centre the vast majority of the time, not Strome. If you're taking that few faceoffs then I really don't think you're a centre, since that is such a massive part of the job...especially when your linemate appears to be the one actually doing the duties.

I'm just telling you what my eyes saw. I have the NHL Gamecenter package and watched pretty much every Isles game both years. He was drafted as a center and played most of his first year there, regardless of who took the faceoffs. Once a faceoff is taken it doesn't mean the players didn't fall back into their assigned roles, does it?

Last year he was placed on JT's RW and it was a disaster for him. He went from controlling the puck on the attack to being a wing who was not the focal point of puck carrying into the zone and he suffered for it. He is pretty bad in the corners and never looked comfortable there. It was a mismatch and on top of that, when he was taken off JT's wing for Okposo he was asked to play RW on the second line instead of center!

Why they would take a natural center who was one of the last high picks in his draft class to make the NHL, show a great aptitude for center in his first full year with the 50 points, and then move him to a spot that didn't fit, is BEYOND ME.

The kid's confidence is clearly a problem right now and I suspect he will be a trade bait player if the right offer comes along.

Thanks Jack!

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
In 2014-15 he played RW mostly with either Lee and Nelson or Tavares and a never ending carousel of LW's. You're wrong.

What is your problem?

See my above response . . . your point was that he played well as a RW. That's just not true. He was best in 2014-15 as a center, his natural position. Capuano has pretty much ruined this kid with his insistence that he play out of position.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'm just telling you what my eyes saw. I have the NHL Gamecenter package and watched pretty much every Isles game both years. He was drafted as a center and played most of his first year there, regardless of who took the faceoffs. Once a faceoff is taken it doesn't mean the players didn't fall back into their assigned roles, does it?

Last year he was placed on JT's RW and it was a disaster for him. He went from controlling the puck on the attack to being a wing who was not the focal point of puck carrying into the zone and he suffered for it. He is pretty bad in the corners and never looked comfortable there. It was a mismatch and on top of that, when he was taken off JT's wing for Okposo he was asked to play RW on the second line instead of center!

Why they would take a natural center who was one of the last high picks in his draft class to make the NHL, show a great aptitude for center in his first full year with the 50 points, and then move him to a spot that didn't fit, is BEYOND ME.

The kid's confidence is clearly a problem right now and I suspect he will be a trade bait player if the right offer comes along.

Thanks Jack!

So you've now got three of your fellow Isles fans disagreeing with you, stats disagreeing with you, and you're still doubling down. That is impressive, I will admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad