Rumor: Isles/Avs Talking Trade? (Duchene)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Landeskog not only went into the boards a bit awkwardly but also took a shot on his foot in the third period. He could finish the game, but it's likely that he's just a bit banged up.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Barzal and Hamonic for Landeskog gets it done.

Key word: available. Snow didn't trade Hamonic when he aired out a trade request and Taylor Hall was rumored to be offered, he's not giving him up now that the request has been rescinded and he's DEFINITELY not giving him up with their #1 prospect for a player who isn't as good as Hall (no offense, Landy).

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Key word: available. Snow didn't trade Hamonic when he aired out a trade request and Taylor Hall was rumored to be offered, he's not giving him up now that the request has been rescinded and he's DEFINITELY not giving him up with their #1 prospect for a player who isn't as good as Hall (no offense, Landy).

Falling in the standings can make teams do crazy ****. lol

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
What does the Avalanche forward group look like?

Could they withstand trading Duchene for some quantity like Nelson/Lee/Strome ++ to improve their depth?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
At this point I'm nervous that Tavares isn't untouchable.

If they are blowing it up, but I'd imagine you guys are not anywhere near that point yet. At least you guys have seen the playoffs recently, as Colorado fans we're contemplating a complete reset/rebuild.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I like him and all, he's a good guy, but I just want to note that Lee has 2 points in 16 games. He'll catch up but he looks more like a cap dump at this moment.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
What does the Avalanche forward group look like?

Could they withstand trading Duchene for some quantity like Nelson/Lee/Strome ++ to improve their depth?

The forward group was the lowest scoring in the league going into last night. It has three top 6 forwards: Duchene, MacKinnon, and Landeskog, and Duchene is easily the best offensive producer of that group right now. Losing him would be a massive blow. Basically, they could use more depth, absolutely, but losing Duchene to do that doesn't seem like much of an option right now. It's robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The forward group was the lowest scoring in the league going into last night. It was three top 6 forwards: Duchene, MacKinnon, and Landeskog, and Duchene is easily the best offensive producer of that group right now. Losing him would be a massive blow. Basically, they could use more depth, absolutely, but losing Duchene to do that doesn't seem like much of an option right now. It's robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Well... Then we also have Jost, Compher, Greer, and a few others who are going to be ready sooner than not. Unless it's younger high potential assets, the last thing we need is to sell off quality for depth. Depth is coming, and in the form of cheap young forwards.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
It is and it isn't. Right now our centers are Tavares-Strome-Nelson-Cizikas. Moving one of Strome or Nelson to wing and adding Duchene would definitely make us have a better roster. Strome played well at wing two seasons ago. Most people think he's struggled because he was playing out of position at wing last year and not center. I think he's playing poorly because of a lack of confidence.

I'd much rather try to acquire MacKinnon and play him on JT's right wing, but of course that's not up to me.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
That's what it takes to get a young established forward on that good of a contract lol.

what do you think you are getting with hamonic? a young established top 4 dman on a good contract. arguably more valuable than a young established fwd would be.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
That's what it takes to get a young established forward on that good of a contract lol.

replace forward with defenseman and you could say the same thing about hamonic, no? why would we throw in our best prospect as well?

edit: didnt see the post above mine

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Duchene is the only real good offensive player on the Avs. Avs are screwed for a long time if they do that as Landeskog isn't an offense driver and MacKinnon, well... Would rather trade MacKinnon while he has value. Dude won't put it together. He has zero hockey sense.

Would build the offense around Duchene, Rantanen and Jost.

What would you be looking for in return for Mackinnon?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
what do you think you are getting with hamonic? a young established top 4 dman on a good contract. arguably more valuable than a young established fwd would be.

replace forward with defenseman and you could say the same thing about hamonic, no? why would we throw in our best prospect as well?

edit: didnt see the post above mine

Landeskog is 23, and Hamonic is 26.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Just stop. The Avs are not trading their captain. The Avs are not trading their best offensive player.

We are 7-8-1 with a new coach + system and we've gone through a pretty tough schedule to start the year. Avs management wouldn't make a quality for quantity/futures trade at this point in the season.

From an Avs point of view, the one guy from our core that has seemed to have the most difficult time adapting to the new coach is Barrie. He's having a tough time so far to start the year and it's tough to pinpoint the reasons why but he's making bad decisions with the puck and hasn't been himself. We could certainly use a guy who's stronger defensively even if it meant losing the offensive dimension that Barrie has proven to be able to bring over the past few years.

So for that reason, a Hamonic for Barrie as a base for a deal makes sense for the Avs. I can't say I know the Islanders situation enough to claim whether or not it does on their end.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Just stop. The Avs are not trading their captain. The Avs are not trading their best offensive player.

We are 7-8-1 with a new coach + system and we've gone through a pretty tough schedule to start the year. Avs management wouldn't make a quality for quantity/futures trade at this point in the season.

From an Avs point of view, the one guy from our core that has seemed to have the most difficult time adapting to the new coach is Barrie. He's having a tough time so far to start the year and it's tough to pinpoint the reasons why but he's making bad decisions with the puck and hasn't been himself. We could certainly use a guy who's stronger defensively even if it meant losing the offensive dimension that Barrie has proven to be able to bring over the past few years.

So for that reason, a Hamonic for Barrie as a base for a deal makes sense for the Avs. I can't say I know the Islanders situation enough to claim whether or not it does on their end.

the avs also got a new coors light banquet club which is also an adjustment for the organization as a whole.

in all seriousness i'm sick of excused. i'm done with hearing about the system and coach. the reality is colorado has actually played VERY WELL. their shooting percentage is stupid low. they are playing the best hockey they have played in years.

Colorado is fully adjusted to the new system and pucks are going to start going in sooner than later.

Colorado needs an established top 6 winger and they will be a force. trading away a star is the opposite of what colorado needs.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007

Of course it makes sense for the Avs. They get a similar age better defender and save $1.7M a year. It makes little sense for the Isles. They need a top line wing. Hamonic is a valuable asset, perhaps the Isles most valuable trade chip. If they were to trade him, they have to use that chip to fill a major need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad