Introducing the Seattle Kraken!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
seattle_kraken_1_2x.jpg

mfcljzt6g1n11.png

44273822820_749df757fb_h.jpg

All 3 of these concepts are better than the bland, basic S that they somehow chose.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I respect that they went to left field for the name. Let's not forget, the kraken is a powerful, horrifying creature beyond all measure. A hockey team can only hope to achieve that ideal.
I’d mind the name a lot less if the rest of the branding was equally left field, but this kind of follows the trend that the Jets started: a reserved, classy look. Unimposing blue, a sliver of red. This is like naming an energy drink “Lightning Bolt” and then making the can white with black Helvetica type.

Like...the Predators probably isn’t the coolest name ever invented, but their logo isn’t a P that looks like a tooth, it’s a f***ing saber-toothed tiger on top of an almost-illegal amount of gold.

Last edited:
Reactions: tom_servo

mulletmanofusa

Nov 9, 2018
Already mentioned I'm sure, but "kraken" means "the poor thing" in swedish.

Like "Ooooh, look at that cat in a wheelchair. That poor thing!"

Reactions: Morrison

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I know thats the irony. Is there any other division that has as many non-cup winners as we do?
That is pretty much a given when one division has the two most recent expansion teams

If you take away Vegas and Seattle... three of the four are in the same boat

Pacific- Sharks, Canucks, Coyotes
Central- Jets, Preds, Wild
Atlantic- Panthers, Sabres, Sens

If Arizona moves to the Central ,as rumored, they will have as many as the Pacific with Vegas and Seattle included

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
The colors and jersey are sick. The logo is trying to do too much and looks like an AHL logo. The anchor is a neat idea but the application on the shoulders might have to grow on me. It’s actually a neat logo though I’d like to see it front and center. What’s really underrated is the font.
Edn740hXoAw_swP

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Beautiful! Excited for another Pacific Northwest team. Hopefully, this is the start of a great rivalry with the Canucks.

Not surprised at the bitching and moaning about the name/jersey. It doesn't seem like you can please anyone these days...

If you’re doing it correctly. 1/2 like it and 1/2 hate it

it’s our wonderful new world

justaguy15

Jun 7, 2016
The whole idiotic "Release the Kraken" meme that this came from was from the Clash of the Titans , which came out, you guessed it, 10 years ago. And which, like the original, somehow thought that the Kraken belonged in a movie nominally about Greek Mythology.
The next thing you are going to tell me is that Kraken was chosen because the owners were great admirers of the poetry of Tennyson.

And yes, the only reason the Raptor name, which is also godawful, was chosen was the popularity of the first Jurassic Park film, which came out a year before the name was chosen. Don't you nimrods think that they would have chosen an insignia reflecting the more common meaning of "Raptor" (i.e. a bird of prey) rather than a goofy cartoon dinosaur wearing basketball shorts if there wasn't a connection?

I can agree that Pelicans is bad, but the NBA is full of crappy names. The Jazz may have made sense in New Orleans, but in UTAH of all places? The same with the Minnesota/LA Lakers and the Vancouver/Memphis Grizzlies. Washington Wizards is awful. Thunder is lame. Nets is one of the blandest names in pro sports.

Wait... you think the Kraken came from Pirates of the Caribbean? You do know that the myth of the Kraken has been around for centuries, right?
Just wait until he finds out raptors actually existed and werent created for Jurassic Park. (......yes Im aware whats in the film is not actually a velociraptor, but rather something else)

Nah, Pelicans is quite easily the worst NA pro sports team name.

Reactions: HisIceness

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Name: aweful
Jerseys: meh
Colour scheme: ok

Looking forward to the inevitable baby blue thirds tho. If done right could be very sexy.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Nicely put and I'd totally believe you if you didn't put that much effort into it.

Ellequintley put sir, but alas allow me this rebuttal, Your opinion means very little to me, and by "very little", and by "very little" I mean "nothing", and by "nothing" I meant "less then nothing".

Reactions: hirawl

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Where the Hell is the Kraken in the logo? This looks like a Duck. Every logo that we proposed here were better than this.
It's a bit of a weird mix, there's the tentacle in the "S" and then the red eye i guess is supposed to be the Kraken's eye.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Where the Hell is the Kraken in the logo? This looks like a Duck. Every logo that we proposed here were better than this.
They were fully aware of how bonkers Kraken is and tried to tone it down.

I’d rather see an angry octopus holding a hockey stick, blasting orange and turquoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad