Introducing the Seattle Kraken!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Personally I think they nailed everything, its looks way better than I was expecting it to.

I like it. I even liked the video production during the unveil. Their branding is off to a great start.

A couple minor issues for me. The logo looks a bit bland. It almost looks like a side patch or a baseball style logo, but I know they are also paying homage to their past. Overall, I still like it.

The other thing, if they wanted the jersey to be as bold as their name, they should have gone with the lighter blue shade on that jersey as the primary colour, with white numbering, and font. Turn the logo predominantly white.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
f*** the haters!

Great name, great logo. I like the colours too. Now what they need to do is a Cthulhu-themed 3rd jersey. Also they need to embrace the Krakheads-meme like Carolina did with "a bunch of jerks".

Welcome to the NHL :)

Reactions: Morrison

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
meh, don't mind the colours or the logo but I think they could have done much better with the logo. The name is an abomination, if they were going for that theme they should have just went with
Seattle Serpents

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
The name is bad. It's what happens when you go by what's favorable on the twitter.
The main logo is extremely bland, and as said before very baseball like.
The secondary logo is very nice
The colors are extremely overused
That tattoo above that mixes the two logos makes a MUCH better main logo

Agreed. Don’t get it at all. Just bad IMO.

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
G6DOXYB.png

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
LOVE the name. I actually think this is one of the best team names in the NHL - really cool! I don't understand the hate - but it's not for everyone I guess. There is also great marketing potential IMO with this name. The logo was a little underwhelming at first I think because I really liked one of the mock ones from a while ago, but I think it's fine. Jerseys look good.
You nailed it. It's not perfect, nothing is, but this is instantly one of the coolest/most unique names and logos in the league. Sockeye? Give me a break. Now that's a lame team. Kraken is the perfect choice.

I may even get their jersey if they land a player I like.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
After reading this thread, it seems that it's pretty divisive...you either hate it or love it.
Do you love it or hate it?

And yep, I agree. I'm not sure why anyone hates it. I can understand not liking it, but obsessing over the history of Kraken mythology is kind of... Over the top.

Metropolitans would have been a fine choice too, but Kraken was my personal #1.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Do you love it or hate it?

And yep, I agree. I'm not sure why anyone hates it. I can understand not liking it, but obsessing over the history of Kraken mythology is kind of... Over the top.
I think the logos, jersey, and colours are all top notch. I would like a red outline for the "S" on the home jersey and perhaps some thin outline neon-green somewhere in there, but who am I to complain for tiny details such as these? I am on the fence concerning the name because I can see both sides of the picture where part of it is actually cool, but another part where it's definitely childish. It might grow on me in the future, it might not - not sure yet.

The logo is clean and simple which are the most important parts you need for marketing (ask the Yankees), however with a name like the Kraken I think there was more potential to go riskier and actually do a squid logo.

Hntz

Jan 6, 2018
After seeing the logo and the uniforms, i’m really happy they went with Kraken. I don’t understand people saying that the name is only liked by 12-year olds.

How is it any different from names like Predators or Sharks?

”ShaRks Is CoOl beCaUse ShoRk Is My FaVoritE AniMoL”

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I think the logos, jersey, and colours are all top notch. I would like a red outline for the "S" on the home jersey and perhaps some thin outline neon-green somewhere in there, but who am I to complain for tiny details such as these? I am on the fence concerning the name because I can see both sides of the picture where part of it is actually cool, but another part where it's definitely childish. It might grow on me in the future, it might not - not sure yet.

The logo is clean and simple which are the most important parts you need for marketing (ask the Yankees), however with a name like the Kraken I think there was more potential to go riskier and actually do a squid logo.
I'm with you. The colour scheme is imperfect, but we all have our own preferences. I think Kraken will age very well. Personally, I don't see it as childish at all. That's just a difference of opinion though.

The squid part I find interesting. I wonder if calling them "Seattle Squid" would have gone down better. I think it's kind of lame and uninteresting, but it captures the same idea as Kraken, and doesn't upset people that think the idea of Kraken is too immature or historically inaccurate (lol).

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
After seeing the logo and the uniforms, i’m really happy they went with Kraken. I don’t understand people saying that the name is only liked by 12-year olds.

How is it any different from names like Predators or Sharks?

”ShaRks Is CoOl beCaUse ShoRk Is My FaVoritE AniMoL”

Excuse me...

And yes I picked the Sharks over 20 years ago because I thought Sharks were cool.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Have no problem with any of it. Kind of hard to argue. Didn't take any risks, everything was well thought out with meaning. This is really just a matter of people who hate ice cream and babies complaining about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morrison

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
My vote (if I had one) was for the Seatle CHAZ. They could save a tonne of money by having vigilantes do security.

Last edited:

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
cut.jpg
Colour scheme is extremely boring. Basically the same as the Jets and they will play in the same division as blue Canucks (unless they switch back to cool blacks) and teal Sharks. Green and yellow would have been much better but at least it’s not red. Makes you appreciate VGK choice of grey and gold even more as they tried something new. Logo is meh. They should have gone either with a more direct homage to Metropolitans or more krakenish. Name is corny but at least it’s not “Mighty Ducks” level of corny. Overall I think it’s a mediocre stylistic addition to the league. The mockup a couple of pages back would have been much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad