Introducing the Seattle Kraken!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I hope it's Kraken. "It has nothing to do with Seattle" yep like every other team has name that is perfectly linked to city.

The problem is that Kraken is linked to a different continent altogether. Seattle Kraken makes as little sense as Seattle Nessie would've made.

With that said, I like the jerseys and logo a lot.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
cut.jpg
Colour scheme is extremely boring. Basically the same as the Jets and they will play in the same division as blue Canucks (unless they switch back to cool blacks) and teal Sharks. Green and yellow would have been much better but at least it’s not red. Makes you appreciate VGK choice of grey and gold even more as they tried something new.

Is the Vegas scheme really that different to the Kings or even the Ducks either though? Green and yellow sounds more like the Sonics and Portland to me.

Reactions: Morrison

PepperKeenan

Sep 22, 2012
Sweden
The problem is that Kraken is linked to a different continent altogether. Seattle Kraken makes as little sense as Seattle Nessie would've made.

With that said, I like the jerseys and logo a lot.
That's really only a problem if you want it to be a problem though. I link the Kraken to the seas and oceans more than I link kings to LA or penguins to Pittsburgh etc.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
That second logo with the anchor and Space Needle is #1 logo material, it's glorious. The only problem is that it doesn't resonate with the team name as well as the main logo so it doesn't work as the primary one.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
cut.jpg
Colour scheme is extremely boring. Basically the same as the Jets and they will play in the same division as blue Canucks (unless they switch back to cool blacks) and teal Sharks. Green and yellow would have been much better but at least it’s not red. Makes you appreciate VGK choice of grey and gold even more as they tried something new. Logo is meh. They should have gone either with a more direct homage to Metropolitans or more krakenish. Name is corny but at least it’s not “Mighty Ducks” level of corny. Overall I think it’s a mediocre stylistic addition to the league. The mockup a couple of pages back would have been much better.

Needs more green honestly.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
That's really only a problem if you want it to be a problem though. I link the Kraken to the seas and oceans more than I link kings to LA or penguins to Pittsburgh etc.

I link sea monsters with the ocean. But Kraken is a particular sea monster which I link to the north Atlantic ocean between Iceland and Norway, same as link Nessie to Loch Ness and Scotland. I think the Seattle Kraken is an infraction of Scandiavian folklore.

The Penguins were named the Penguins because the arena was called "The Igloo". The Kings I don't know the origin of, but at least they aren't named the The Los Angeles Vasa. That's how I feel about the Seattle Kraken. It's like Frolunda naming their team Bigfoot or Djurgarden naming their team Bermuda Triangles.

I'm not saying I will lose sleep over their name, but I think the name is kinda stupid nonetheless. But again, I love the jerseys and the logo, which makes me more sold on the name also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winnie Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad