Introducing the Seattle Kraken!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Someone on Reddit somehow already got a tattoo. I think the hybrid of the two logos actually makes both come together much better:

KqGDrA9.jpg

When I saw the anchor on the shoulder patch I thought it was the best thing this Jersey had going. I personally think the standalone S looks awkward, this is much better design for a center crest. Oh well.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
Should have been the Seattle Grunge with flannel jerseys and ripped pants but I guess this is it. Can’t believe that’s the best crest logo someone came up with though.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Someone on Reddit somehow already got a tattoo. I think the hybrid of the two logos actually makes both come together much better:

KqGDrA9.jpg
Thats bad, but yet its better. 1st logo in franchise history deserves better than an S my younger brother could draw in legit 30 mins.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Too much like the Seahawks

I've beat this dead horse today enough, but after taking a break and returning to this thread, I do think they could've done much better. Plenty of franchises from different pro leagues in the same market have similar color schemes. I'd rather see their color scheme mirror a team with many of the same fans in their city than something that resembles the Tennessee Titans. I also think going with the neon green (or some green) as an accent would make their uniforms more unique among the many NHL teams that use Navy. The Green is a nod to the Emerald State and would make them stand out much more.

I still think the Red striping seems random. It works much better on the Vegas unis. My take is if they went with the tattoo posted as the crest and made the accent color some green this uniform would be really something nice.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm going to assume that everyone who complains about the logo being too bland also hates the Habs' logo.

It's not a competition to add as many elements in as possible. They explained their goals with this logo and branding, and I'd agree that they accomplished them.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I think it's because it sounds lame. Not a lot of people know much about pelicans and just associate them with any other type of bird.

To me the lamest names in professional North American sports are:

Vegas Golden Knights (I just have no idea how they arrived at this)
Anaheim Ducks (at least Mighty Ducks was unique, when they removed that it was just bizarre)
Toronto Raptors (this one is just absurd, making a name out of a movie from a couple years before)
Brooklyn Nets (could not get more bland than this)
Utah Jazz (I kind of like Jazz as a name, but not in Utah)
Washington Wizards (it sounds generic but also doesn't make sense to the place in any way)

And then a bunch of them just sound too generic:

Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Carolina Panthers
Atlanta Falcons
Philadelphia Eagles
Atlanta Hawks
Golden State Warriors
Florida Panthers
Arizona Coyotes
Detroit Tigers

Don't forget the Edmonton Football Team.

Reactions: Mr Positive

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
The name is bad. It's what happens when you go by what's favorable on the twitter.
The main logo is extremely bland, and as said before very baseball like.
The secondary logo is very nice
The colors are extremely overused
That tattoo above that mixes the two logos makes a MUCH better main logo

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
I'm going to assume that everyone who complains about the logo being too bland also hates the Habs' logo.

It's not a competition to add as many elements in as possible. They explained their goals with this logo and branding, and I'd agree that they accomplished them.
100%. I'm a less is more kind of guy, I've always felt a child should be able to draw a team's logo, with some struggles haha. Except Chicago. That's not an easy one to draw, but it's still a beauty

Personally I think they nailed everything, its looks way better than I was expecting it to.
When it was becoming apparent that the name was gonna be Kraken, I was disappointed. Once I saw the jersey, I was quite impressed. I wanted to hate it because of the name alone, but that home jersey has instantly become one of my favourites in the league. This is from someone who has disliked the majority of new jersey designs in the last 25 years.

Reactions: LeighDx59

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I don't like the name but they did a great job of keeping it simple with the logos, nice little touches with the primary "S". Really well done.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Screenshot_20200723-225949_Samsung Internet.jpg

Surge was my pick to tie in with the water theme and tech surge/boom

Like that color scheme above, not a fan of that logo but the emerald green goes well with the golden yellow in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad