Inside the Habs draft - premieres August 22, 7:00 p.m. on YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Ben Merrill wants to be like Brian Boyle.

Getting a Brian Boyle at what he turned out to be with the Rangers for the current Habs would be amazing.

They didn't talk about Thorpe, or I missed it

I was curious (on how you can reach out to an NHLer) and according to hockeydb he and Boyle were born in the same city, so probably local/family connection

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Everything pretty much fell in place for the picks 1 through 4. Quite a gamble trading up for Hage with a low percentage to get him. I thought they had a bank of players they were targeting as opposed to just 1. That's gamblin...
I'm pretty sure they talked about having a couple of "Big" guys available if Hage wasn't there it was still a calculated risk.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
There probably a lot of editing but it very suspicious that every year they get the guy they target at the spot the target.
That's probably why it takes more than a month for the documentary to come out whereas some teams (eg Chicago) have theirs out in like a week or two :laugh:

Yeah did i get that right? Billy Ryan projecting Demidov as a potential n.1 center versus a top-6 scoring winger in Lindstrom?
Yep he projected Demidov as a possible 1C, I don't know about the top 6 winger.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
There probably a lot of editing but it very suspicious that every year they get the guy they target at the spot the target.
That’s a true point, no question.

However, if I compare the « feel » of the room compared to last year’s mood, it was different. I felt a sense of giddiness this season. Last year was more composed and a bit of « them the brakes » of the choice, especially considering Gorton’s intro in 2023.

Demidov was the kind of player these guys hoped to draft since the last three years. I think it was transparent in that sense, and the excitement is barely contained. They too want to be entertained by the product on the ice.

Reactions: Levard and Redux91

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

at 12:17 they compare two players...one is Demidov and the other was plan B (I think it was Iginla).

The upside on both these guys, you know, I really like both of them.

One guy brings the puck over the line and makes play, just brings it to the slot, he's the puck possession play driver.

The other guy basically gets in as a goal scorer mentality, creates everything off his shot

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That's not suspicious, you said it yourself that it's editing. They cut all the parts where they say good things about the other players and also the bad things they say about the players that they drafted. So in the end it looks like they only wanted that guy at that spot and all the things about him are positive.

We know for a fact that they wanted Hage at 21 though.

That will never happen but I'd legit pay to watch the full unedited version.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Loved it. The more I watch these guys the more trust I have in them. I don’t think we’ve been in these good of hands in a very long time. Maybe my entire lifetime.
Most of the scouts in that video were there under MB, some have been with the org for 10+ years.

Things already started to change when Lapointe replaced Churla. It changed further when Gorton/Hughes/Bobrov/analytics team were hired.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Loved it. The more I watch these guys the more trust I have in them. I don’t think we’ve been in these good of hands in a very long time. Maybe my entire lifetime.
Amazing behind the scenes look at what is happening....................how can you not be happy for the organization to be moving forward with such great hockey minds.

Trust the process guys!!

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Great video....I could watch these guys talk for hours.

I guess this video really confirms that the Habs we're going after Hage at 21. He was really the guy they wanted and i'm assuming that it wouldn't have made a difference if Boisvert or Eiserman were there. Hage just seems like such a great kid.

Demidov is an absolute beauty of a human being. Talented as f*** but what a great personality as well with the perfect amount of confidence. A real leader.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad