Inside the Habs draft - premieres August 22, 7:00 p.m. on YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'd go a step further, and I'd say that this was filmed after the draft. Honestly, the choices and the discussions are just too perfect for what happened.

I am really not convinced that Demidov would stilll be their pick at 5 if Levshunov or Lindstrom were available, and I would bet there probably was not such a consensus...

Same for 21... Boisvert, Connelly or Eiserman were all potential picks that were arguable above Hage. I think they were hoping for one of those to be available (including Hage). I very much doubt they were going specifically for Hage. There was just a strong group of players that were in that range, and it made a lot of sense going from 26 to 21, because it was the difference between a potential top 6 and a bottom 6 player.
Was the Apollo 11 Moon landing faked as well. :laugh:
C'mon man these guys aren't card carrying members of Actra.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I'd go a step further, and I'd say that this was filmed after the draft. Honestly, the choices and the discussions are just too perfect for what happened.

I am really not convinced that Demidov would stilll be their pick at 5 if Levshunov or Lindstrom were available, and I would bet there probably was not such a consensus...

Same for 21... Boisvert, Connelly or Eiserman were all potential picks that were arguable above Hage. I think they were hoping for one of those to be available (including Hage). I very much doubt they were going specifically for Hage. There was just a strong group of players that were in that range, and it made a lot of sense going from 26 to 21, because it was the difference between a potential top 6 and a bottom 6 player.
Yeah right, so they also went back to the draft floor with everyone else in the league for Kent to fake call a guy telling him they wouldn’t move the 21st pick cause their guy was still there… I’m guessing you also think COVID vaccines contain 5G chips in them?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Wait do you really believe all those people gathered to film a video like that after the draft? Come on you can't be serious. Those guys are hockey excutive some of them paid millions they have other things to do atm.

The pre-draft day mettings probably lasted 8 to 10 hours maybe even more. That's a 15 minutes montage of those reunions (the last 5 minutes of the video cover draft day). They edited out anything that did not fit the narative which is understandable. There's a lot of work in a video like that.

Those guys are all bad actors. If it would be reheased it would easily show. They would all have to remember many lines of text or read a teleprompter and it would be clear as day that they did. Obviously a team's management will always be high on the players they draft.

Am I alone thinking these draft videos are fake and recorded after the fact ?
No after all millions of people think the earth is flat and we did not land on the moon.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah right, so they also went back to the draft floor with everyone else in the league for Kent to fake call a guy telling him they wouldn’t move the 21st pick cause their guy was still there… I’m guessing you also think COVID vaccines contain 5G chips in them?
The heavy editing has some people confused? :dunno:
I mean we can only speculate on who the other players were besides those we selected.
It's obvious some of the conversations seem stilted because we certainly are not revealing information on those we didn't select.
What if we want to try an acquire that player somewhere down the road we'd have to pay more.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
We should have go with the McGroarty trade if the rumours are true. I like Hage, but you have to go with your head and not your heart in decision like this
I don't think that's what the deal was, especially seeing as how he was traded for a 14th pick from last year that didn't do anything but show why he was drafted 14th. I think the deal was to move down with Anaheim since they were calling everyone in that range once Solberg started dropping.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Of course, now it isn't at the level you're describing but give this team a few years and it will be there. I really do believe in this team, the prospects and the management. We have what it takes.
What are your expectations for this year?
Mine haven't changed at all even after acquiring Laine we need to play above .500 and drastically reduce our GF/GA differential.

Last edited:

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I mean we can only speculate on who the other players were besides those we selected.
It's obvious some of the conversations seem stilted because we certainly are not revealing information on those we didn't select.
What if we want to try an acquire that player somewhere down the road we'd have to pay more.
Oh of course I agree with you, but they were very high on both Demidov and Hage and you can’t dispute that. From the videos, it seems like they had clusters of players that they felt were similar and compared them to where they thought they were gonna be drafted and they felt both guys were going to outperform their projected slot, that’s all and I don’t think anybody can argue against that. Whether they were right or not remains to be seen that being said.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

If Habs picked 2nd, I'm pretty confident they would have still gone Demidov.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

Wow really.

Obviously we mean the war room talk. Like last year with the guy calling every 4th round pick in advance ?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They probably don't realize that they made this out of probably 20+ hours of recording. It's a very very small sample of the whole content with like you said heavy editing.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Wow really.

Obviously we mean the war room talk. Like last year with the guy calling every 4th round pick in advance ?
They’re guessing where players are projected to be, they have their own list. That’s why they drafted guys in the 6-7th round that they projected to be good picks in the 3-4th. The fact is they really liked all the players they picked and invited a bunch of others to development camp that they’d have considered drafting if the guys they picked weren’t available. So no it’s not surprising that they were able to ballpark who they were targeting with the later round picks. Also, these players for sure weren’t the only targets, but out of 20h of video they were able to isolate the parts where they talk about them

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Believe me, having done quite a few amateur films (and general goofing around in front of a camera) back in my school days, getting any sort of non actor to act convincingly in front of a camera is damn near impossible :laugh: No amount of editing could pull that off without it looking super fake. That and getting an entire filming crew to keep it a secret would be damn near impossible. People talk.

Blame the referee

Aug 24, 2014
Granby
I don't think that's what the deal was, especially seeing as how he was traded for a 14th pick from last year that didn't do anything but show why he was drafted 14th. I think the deal was to move down with Anaheim since they were calling everyone in that range once Solberg started dropping.
Yes maybe, but Winnipeg said they had a deal in place that felt at the draft.

That’s why I said if the rumours were true 🤪

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
What are your expectations for this year?
Mine haven't changed at all even after acquiring Laine we need to play above .500 and drastically reduce our GF/GA differential.

I expect improvement. I hope for less injuries. I think we miss the playoffs but wouldn't be shocked if we somehow made it, considering the amount of injuries we had and the amount of games we lost by 1 goal. It will take a few years, but we'll get there.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
pretty sure the 2 players were lindstrom and demidov

Rewatched it today and since they called him a winger, it's gotta be Iginla.

Wow really.

It's heavily edited and they were talking about the guys they wanted in the 4th round, which is what their ideal scenario would be and that's just how it played out. Teams have vastly different lists and things start to fall apart into the 3rd round.

They also filmed them talking about Khanin as a 4th rounder and they took him even after Merrill who Billy Ryan said he would take late 5th.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Wow really.

This is like 5% of the talk that happened in that war room.

They obviously liked other players as well but they can't show that.

Teams all have very different list and often get some of their top target for each pick.

We know they looked at Poirier for 166 but he got picked at 156.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
pretty sure the 2 players were lindstrom and demidov

Weren't they comparing Demidov to a player who could be a "Top 6 winger"? This is what Billy Ryan mentions at 13:20 of the video. I think they we're referring to Iginla personally, unless they feel Lindstrom would more than likely end up as a winger? Hard to say for sure.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Weren't they comparing Demidov to a player who could be a "Top 6 winger"? This is what Billy Ryan mentions at 13:20 of the video. I think they we're referring to Iginla personally, unless they feel Lindstrom would more than likely end up as a winger? Hard to say for sure.

I'm sure they knew Lindstrom wasn't getting by CBJ at that point.. it really sounds like Iginla.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

They specifically mentioned a guy who mostly 'creates off his own shot' and who projects more as a winger. If they were discussing Lindstrom I feel like size would have entered the discussion, so probably Iggy.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Wow really.

You think Molson, the management staff and the scout team all took time off from Free Agency, other work and/or summer vacations to shoot additional content for a Youtube video that, if theyr'e lucky, will hit 400k views?

• Haha
Reactions: LaP

Bobby Holik agent

erudite free agency sci-fi
Oct 17, 2002
Montreal
Dammit i should have known!!!
Big Molson playing with our mind again!!!
big molson2.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: ChikN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad