Inside the Habs draft - premieres August 22, 7:00 p.m. on YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Zegras would be here if someone takes Hage before us. A 100%. There's too much there. Not only this video but Hughes said at draft possible deal later in day. It corresponds with article that came out in french media a few weeks back. Between Anaheim and Montreal. Then Waddell said Montreal became interested in Laine recently. So definitely wasn't Laine at draft.

Hughes must had big interest in Zegras because watching this video the reviews on Hage was outstanding. It was close.

Makes one wonder if things play out a certain way this season if Zegras ends up in Montreal?? Maybe at deadline if Habs in playoff picture. If our pick is around 16 would you give it up for Zegras? Price be on LTIR then, so caproom be available. Let's us trade a forward at deadline, also move Newhook back to 3rd line. Get a 2nd for Dvorak. Just be downgrading from mid-first to mid-second round but getting Zegras for doing it. Put Zegras back with Caufield?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Zegras would be here if someone takes Hage before us. A 100%. There's too much there. Not only this video but Hughes said at draft possible deal later in day. It corresponds with article that came out in french media a few weeks back. Between Anaheim and Montreal. Then Waddell said Montreal became interested in Laine recently. So definitely wasn't Laine at draft.

Hughes must had big interest in Zegras because watching this video the reviews on Hage was outstanding. It was close.

Makes one wonder if things play out a certain way this season if Zegras ends up in Montreal?? Maybe at deadline if Habs in playoff picture. If our pick is around 16 would you give it up for Zegras? Price be on LTIR then, so caproom be available. Let's us trade a forward at deadline, also move Newhook back to 3rd line. Get a 2nd for Dvorak. Just be downgrading from mid-first to mid-second round but getting Zegras for doing it. Put Zegras back with Caufield?

I don't see Zegras being in the plan anymore with the Laine move.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I am sure it was Iginla, he’s the other type of forward we needed.

And to see Lapointe’s face when Kent announces that we have a deal to trade the fifth, the scouts realllllly liked Iginla.

But the prize was Demigod and we hit it out of the park. Stoked.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Best one they've made yet. I got goosebumps when Rockstrom compared Demidov to Makarov and Kovalev.

I loved the old Russian comparison to Makarov. I mean most us didn't have a chance to see Makarov play but I definitely remember ( I was very young) him being part of that first batch of players coming over from the USSR to the NHL and seeing the amazing skill level. The crazy part is that we only saw Makarov at the age of 31 when he joined the NHL so already on the downside of his career.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Look at that guy Jeff Gorton! He looks like a gangster mob boss. Sitting front and center analyzing everyone and making sure he's got the best people in the world and there's no deadbeat holding back his team.

This Frankenstein of a team is all because of him. He's the genius behind every decision. He's got everyone lineup in the right position and making sure they all working overtime.

Last edited:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Look at that guy Geoff Gorton! He looks like a gangster mob boss

he never did have the makings of a varsity athlete

v-83nI.gif

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I was curious (on how you can reach out to an NHLer) and according to hockeydb he and Boyle were born in the same city, so probably local/family connection
Usually, the agent gonna arrange that. Especially with players in the same agency

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Must be such a breath of fresh air for all the scouts compared to the Bergevin era.

Love seeing how HuGo are all ears and open to letting everyone speak and listen to their opinions, really makes it a great team atmosphere and allows for people to speak their honest opinions.
Meh not barely enough flexing in the video, besides Lapointe don’t think there was a single bicep curled …

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Montreal just added Laine, will likely be adding Demidov next season and already have a dearth of forwards who play a two way game. To say nothing of the fact that if Dach can bounce back healthy, Montreal doesn't have a good spot for Zegras if all goes well and if thing go sideways, I'm skeptical he's the player you'd want to add.

You're also underestimating the cost for Zegras and overestimating the return for a Dvorak.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Montreal just added Laine, will likely be adding Demidov next season and already have a dearth of forwards who play a two way game. To say nothing of the fact that if Dach can bounce back healthy, Montreal doesn't have a good spot for Zegras if all goes well and if thing go sideways, I'm skeptical he's the player you'd want to add.

You're also underestimating the cost for Zegras and overestimating the return for a Dvorak.
Dvorak might be worth nothing if he's injured again. And i doubt KH will extend him 1 year to recoup the picks like he did with Monahan i think he'll just move on. If this happens then the result of the OS will be JK + 2nd round pick for nothing.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I doubt they were ever really interested in Zegras, maybe if things had gone different at the draft and they felt they could absorb that type of player but I think even then they'd be holding their nose.

There is no reason or need for Zegras anymore, you won't see a hint or a sniff of it from any outlet or anyone close to the team even baiting for clicks now.

This is from a Logan Sawyer article where his BCHL coach is speaking

Sawyer compares his style of play to Trevor Zegras’ of the Anaheim Ducks, due to his creativity and hockey IQ. Ryan Papaionnou also highlights Sawyer’s thirst to find the back of the net as one of his greatest strengths and possibly the most underrated aspect of his game.

“I wouldn’t really want to be like Zegras, but that’s just me”, admits the Bandits’ head coach. “Logan still needs to work on his defensive game, but in my opinion, he should strive to become a more reliable player than Zegras on 200 feet.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad