Inside the Habs draft - premieres August 22, 7:00 p.m. on YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
two interesting bits for me...
chicago (I guess it was) offering a 2nd and unprotected 1st next year ..for demidov...Lapointe's face when hughes tells him lol.
and they seem to have had a trade in place at 21 if Hage wasn't available.
Mcgroarty?

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
two interesting bits for me...
chicago (I guess it was) offering a 2nd and unprotected 1st next year ..for demidov...Lapointe's face when hughes tells him lol.
and they seem to have had a trade in place at 21 if Hage wasn't available.
Mcgroarty?
I presume the Chicago deal was if Demidov wasn't there. If Lapointe wanted Demidov there was no point in him worrying.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I presume the Chicago deal was if Demidov wasn't there. If Lapointe wanted Demidov there was no point in him worrying.
Not sure. The initial rumours were Chicago circling back to get demidov at 5 -which the habs would never do..
i also don't think they would've taken that deal even if demidov went in top 4

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
It may have also been a trade down with the Ducks. In the Ducks draft video Madden said that after pick 18 was selected Verbeek called all the teams drafting between 19th-23rd to try and move up from 30th to draft Solberg.
Not sure, they traded up for #21. Don't think they wanted to trade down after trading up. They talk about it earlier in the video with Bobrov.

Go to 14:41, it's either Hage or they make a move with the pick.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not sure. The initial rumours were Chicago circling back to get demidov at 5 -which the habs would never do..
i also don't think they would've taken that deal even if demodov went in top 4
They would have taken the Kid who went sixth. That was who that second player was.
I don't think they thought either of Lindstrom or Demidov would be there.
That Senneke selection ended up being so huge for us and Utah to be fair.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
They would have taken the Kid who went sixth. That was who that second player was.
I don't think they thought either of Lindstrom or Demidov would be there.
That Senneke selection ended up being so huge for us and Utah to be fair.

I don't think they would have done it, but clearly Hughes talks about an unprotected 1st + a 2nd for #5 OA from someone, probably Chicago.

I'd not have done it even if Demidov was gone either. Gimme Iginla, or the faller of that top 4.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Demidov compared his game to being a combo of Kaprizov and Jack Hughes.

Loved this exchange between Gorton and Demidov.

Demidov.jpg

Gorton: We're 5th overall and you're still there. Are we crazy if we don't take you?
Demidov: Yup.
Gorton: We're crazy right?
Demidov: Yup. If you didn't take me.
Gorton: Like a franchise player?
Demidov: Yeah I think yeah.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
One of the best things I saw is just the respect the Kent Hughes has. After years for Marc Bergevin, who was quite frankly, a jackass... it's refreshing.

He had the courtesy to call that team back and tell them sorry, our guys still here. Love Hughes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad