How soon before we see a Jersey/ Logo rebrand?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kudos to some no-name dude for ginning up the fans in late summer I guess.

The Columbus team is neither the Stars or the Cannons. Neither logo does what it seems some people want it to do.

And yet, since cars are made all over the country/world nowadays, it might require research on the part of some folks to know why the Red Wings have a wheel in their logo.

Or why the Montreal Canadiens have an H in their logo. Or why the Bruins have those spokey things. And is the Canes’ logo really obvious to everyone? And why does a team named after a bird have a Native American person for a logo?

It's pretty clear that on pure design aesthetic, the O6 logos are given a pass. They win because they've been around so long, they don't need to symbolize a thing because they symbolize themselves. Where I differ from you and Viqsi is that I don't think that is a great defense of our logo. "We'll have a respected logo in fifty years" isn't that appealing, and not really necessary when we have another logo that already connects well with people and invites folks into the story we want to tell.

I'm not sure what you mean by "we're not the cannons", I think it is better that we're not and better to not be so literal. It is a great plus for the cannon logo that it opens / leads / alludes to our story without being the literal team name. Leave a little for the imagination.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It's pretty clear that on pure design aesthetic, the O6 logos are given a pass. They win because they've been around so long, they don't need to symbolize a thing because they symbolize themselves. Where I differ from you and Viqsi is that I don't think that is a great defense of our logo. "We'll have a respected logo in fifty years" isn't that appealing, and not really necessary when we have another logo that already connects well with people and invites folks into the story we want to tell.

I'm not sure what you mean by "we're not the cannons", I think it is better that we're not and better to not be so literal. It is a great plus for the cannon logo that it opens / leads / alludes to our story without being the literal team name. Leave a little for the imagination.
My point isn’t “we’ll have a respected logo in fifty years.” It’s that a lot of logos suck and many of them suck in the same way people are saying the Jackets logo sucks.

I’m reading that it doesn’t indicate what the team is or where it’s from. That you have to know something about the elements of the logo to understand it. That’s true of many (most?) logos.

None of this is a defense of the Jackets’ logo, i.e. that I somehow think it’s great or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Fanatics may have leaked some of the reverse retro color schemes and designs:

If this is true, expect a blue jersey with the original logo.

Edit: Wait… maybe not?

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
Fanatics may have leaked some of the reverse retro color schemes and designs:

If this is true, expect a blue jersey with the original logo.

Edit: Wait… maybe not?

I don’t see a difference

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
No sir, I don't like that one bit.

Why don't they take a chance with a cream coloured jersey (reverse our current 3rd) - or really go out there with a neon green jersey, etc.

That original 3rd jersey was too busy, with 3 different logos.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
My assessment of that - if that's what it is - is "not great, but still better than the Columbus Capitals design."

EDIT: And I keep harping on that because I feel like the aesthetic point of Reverse Retro was basically to see how far you could twist/fold/bend/spindle/mutilate the look of a team while still keeping it recognizably that team, and IMO the Jackets egregiously failed at that last bit. This one would be Not Far Enough, but at least it's not losing sight of that aesthetic goal.

MAHJ71

Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
With Buffalo teasing their retro 3rd yesterday I’m hoping we may see a release in the next 1-2 weeks.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
With Buffalo teasing their retro 3rd yesterday I’m hoping we may see a release in the next 1-2 weeks.

I think one of Icethetics/SL.net reported that an official reveal would happen around November/December (Buffalo teased their new alternate, not a RR)

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Want bold?
Go with an Electric Green jersey.

Like a reverse of these, but with a cannon?

1665764327565.png

• Love
Reactions: MAHJ71

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Don't know how credible the sources are here but would have been nice to see cannon on this design.

I could deal if they keep the shoulders black too. The blue on the shoulders and arms look awkward with the black body.

I think a white version of the cannon would actually look pretty bold and maybe pretty good. It could have gotten me on the train to rebrand to them as new home and away jerseys if it looked good. I'm not anyone who has soiled their undergarments over the current cannon jersey either like some people do.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad