How soon before we see a Jersey/ Logo rebrand?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Handigate

Aug 1, 2022
Same and I think a Union soldier for a CBJ logo would be sweet. I'd prefer a ranking General over a foot soldier - ha!
Would love to see a secondary mascot that resembles "the exact opposite of" UNLV's Runnin' Rebels (or Ole Miss'). Brings in more of the Blue Jacket/Union Army theme and adds another draw for kids!

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
It’s tough. We can’t do anything with “Columbus”. The civil war iconography is not very appealing aestheticly or cool. there just isn’t anything there to really sink your teeth into.

there’s the cannon, stinger, and boomer. or we go total steampunk civil war look.

Tecmo

Jul 24, 2022
Ohio
Just give me the Cannon thirds as the main kit and I'm happy. Would love to see the light alternate for that.

The cannon works since it's become part of the Blue Jackets culture. A logo or team identity doesn't have to be attached to a city or state identity, right? Union boys in 1864 weren't referring to themselves as wearing blue jackets, but who cares? Even if Columbus isn't associated historically with cannons, who cares? It's now become a fun tradition for the Blue Jackets. Stick with Union blue uniforms, hence Blue Jackets, and embrace the cannon as part of Columbus hockey culture.

You score a goal in Columbus, you know the cannon is firing.

MAHJ71

Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I've always preferred the cannon alts, but if we could dump the Santa pants at HOME as well I could be convinced to stay with what we currently have..

• Haha
Reactions: Handigate

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
The cannon works since it's become part of the Blue Jackets culture. A logo or team identity doesn't have to be attached to a city or state identity, right? Union boys in 1864 weren't referring to themselves as wearing blue jackets, but who cares? Even if Columbus isn't associated historically with cannons, who cares? It's now become a fun tradition for the Blue Jackets. Stick with Union blue uniforms, hence Blue Jackets, and embrace the cannon as part of Columbus hockey culture.

You score a goal in Columbus, you know the cannon is firing.
It's become so engrained it was literally a question Gaudreau was asked 50 times since signing here because he jumped during the ASG lol

Reactions: Handigate

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I've done some more thinking on this, and while I am clearly in agreement with you philosophically, there's one thing that I hadn't thought about: the power of marketing Ohio stuff to Ohioans.

Most of us are incredibly proud to be from here. I know I'm a huge sucker for merch that pertains to Ohio (not really the flag per se, but I digress).

It aligns with a principle I follow in my own work: Know your audience, serve your audience.

Since it may be hard to market an obscure team in an obscure city playing an obscure sport to the masses, hone in on the audience you already have. But you gotta lean into it. Market the Blue Jackets as Ohio's Hockey Team. Make it your goal to make every Ohioan a CBJ fan.
I like the idea of Ohio flag forming that "C" there. My main problem with the logo is that random, pretty meaningless star in the middle of everything so that you can't even "C" the "C", unless you know what to look exactly (compare that to C in Calgary Flames logo or B in Bruins logo).

If the team was "Ohio Stars", the logo would be spot on. But since it's Columbus Blue Jackets, I am not that convinced.

Keep the "C" forming Ohio flag, add some cannon or a blue jacket guy in the middle, and that could be an excellent logo.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
View attachment 574430

This design is pretty close to what I've been dreaming of for our next main home jerseys. I really like the colors and stripe pattern at the bottom.

I'd replace this cannon logo with @MAHJ71 's avatar and see how it looks. The cannon should not need any decoration around it. If it turns out looking bland and generic then try to create a new cannon logo.

Stripes on sleeves could be a little lower. Right between the number and first red stripe on the sleeves I'd like to add those army badges/symbols (or whatever they're called) that North Bay Battalion for instance has on their jerseys. For white road jerseys we could also have dark colored (navy blue) squares on the shoulders, just like North Bay, instead of that wide continuous navy blue "trail" going from sleeve's end to neck area.

View attachment 574436
View attachment 574437

I love that Jackets jersey.

The symbol you are talking about is a chevron, and I don't think it needs them. The cannon connects the martial theme for us, and I wouldn't go any further with it. And I also wouldn't change the cannon logo there, it looks great.

LJ7

#80 #13
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
I really like the current shade of blue and striping on our current primary home and away jerseys. Maybe my ideal Jackets uniform is the exact look but with the red accented cannon logo instead of the C + star. Our uniforms overall look really nice to me though. The sum of it all is greater than its parts, somehow all looks "right". My proposed cannon main jersey idea might look too "round" without the sharp edges of the star + the shoulder and sleeve striping.

I also think BSO makes the colors look worse. In person and on ESPN it felt like the jerseys looked better🤷‍♂️

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
View attachment 574430

This design is pretty close to what I've been dreaming of for our next main home jerseys. I really like the colors and stripe pattern at the bottom.

I'd replace this cannon logo with @MAHJ71 's avatar and see how it looks. The cannon should not need any decoration around it. If it turns out looking bland and generic then try to create a new cannon logo.

Stripes on sleeves could be a little lower. Right between the number and first red stripe on the sleeves I'd like to add those army badges/symbols (or whatever they're called) that North Bay Battalion for instance has on their jerseys. For white road jerseys we could also have dark colored (navy blue) squares on the shoulders, just like North Bay, instead of that wide continuous navy blue "trail" going from sleeve's end to neck area.

View attachment 574436
View attachment 574437
No offense but this looks like some knockoff you’d find on the TJ Maxx clearance rack.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I support getting rid of any red in our uniforms otherwise I don't care much.
My fear with this is that the unis would become too similar to 2010's version of Winnipeg Jets. I want them to look unique.

No offense but this looks like some knockoff you’d find on the TJ Maxx clearance rack.
Thanks for reminding me of how you feel about rebranding ideas.

Reactions: MAHJ71

Handigate

Aug 1, 2022
I like the idea of Ohio flag forming that "C" there. My main problem with the logo is that random, pretty meaningless star in the middle of everything so that you can't even "C" the "C", unless you know what to look exactly (compare that to C in Calgary Flames logo or B in Bruins logo).

If the team was "Ohio Stars", the logo would be spot on. But since it's Columbus Blue Jackets, I am not that convinced.

Keep the "C" forming Ohio flag, add some cannon or a blue jacket guy in the middle, and that could be an excellent logo.
Pretty sure the start represents Columbus being the Capital of Ohio (commonly noted by a star on maps and such). For this reason, it isn't just a generic star.

Reactions: DJA and Toe Pick

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Slightly OT here, but what if CBJ did a Reverse Retro in this style?
s-l225.jpg

Substitute in blue and red, and have Blue Jackets in place of Chill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad