How soon before we see a Jersey/ Logo rebrand?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
How small would the font have to be to fit “Blue Jackets” vertically so it didn’t run up and over the shoulder?
I would want it to say Blue over Jackets, (both of those words half the font size of Chill), not Blue Jackets end to end
Am I explaining that right?

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I would want it to say Blue over Jackets, (both of those words half the font size of Chill), not Blue Jackets end to end
Am I explaining that right?
I would suggest using same font size and just paint the remaining letters of "Blue Jackets" over players' faces. :sarcasm:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
For CBJ reverse retro, I think this jersey,
with our current third jersey color scheme, could be really cool

1660013547152.jpeg

Reactions: Handigate

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Reactions: KJ Dangler

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I personally enjoy our current style. Like others have said, it's unappealing because it's doesn't represent success. Go on a run like all of Chicago/Tampa/Pitt/Boston have over the last 5,10,15 years would change that. What this team really needs is a 20+ year run like TTUN did.

Reactions: Toe Pick

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I don’t know who this guy is but the fact he didn’t know that it’s the state flag as the logo shows he did no research and was just looking to kill a half hour of time. Meaningless in my eyes
IMO I couldn't care less what outsiders think of our logo and brand. As someone who had to wear the old logo growing up while playing, I absolutely HATED the old logo. And I've learned to love our current gettup.

Like others and myself have said, that perception of our logo and brand changes when we start winning. Until then nobody will respect the logo, brand or city.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I don’t know who this guy is but the fact he didn’t know that it’s the state flag as the logo shows he did no research and was just looking to kill a half hour of time. Meaningless in my eyes
If you have to research a logo .. you’ve failed bud… bottom line, and to be honest there’s nothing intriguing that would make someone research

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
If you have to research a logo .. you’ve failed bud… bottom line, and to be honest there’s nothing intriguing that would make someone research
If I’m going to go through the effort of ranking logos 1-32 then yeah I’d do some research unless I’m just going for “yeah it looks cool bro.”

Reactions: thebus88 and Viqsi

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
When your logo requires people to know about and care about a generic state flag, you are already fighting an uphill battle.
As opposed to awesome logos like Seattles which is a generic S that looks like an octopus.

It’s really not that deep.

Reactions: Handigate

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
He also comments on the cannon.

Edit: Argh! I apparently don't know how to put the tweet in!

He’s not wrong . Have to think at some point the jackets right this wrong, although they have been pretty bad with their marketing

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: thebus88

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
He’s not wrong . Have to think at some point the jackets right this wrong, although they have been pretty bad with their marketing
The team is called the Blue Jackets because Ohio was a major producer of union supplies and soldiers for the civil war, meaning the brand needs to represent Ohio just as much as it does the civil war.

I really don't care if others need to research it to know that, most Ohioans probably don't even know that, but it's a cool piece of history nonetheless.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Generic? It's the most uniquely shaped flag in the country. And it came about based off of cavalry flags used during the Civil War, so it's doubly-appropriate.

Remove "generic" from my comment and the rest stands. But in any case, the one unique thing about it is not evident in the logo.

Reactions: thebus88

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Kudos to some no-name dude for ginning up the fans in late summer I guess.

The Columbus team is neither the Stars or the Cannons. Neither logo does what it seems some people want it to do.

And yet, since cars are made all over the country/world nowadays, it might require research on the part of some folks to know why the Red Wings have a wheel in their logo.

Or why the Montreal Canadiens have an H in their logo. Or why the Bruins have those spokey things. And is the Canes’ logo really obvious to everyone? And why does a team named after a bird have a Native American person for a logo?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad