How soon before we see a Jersey/ Logo rebrand?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MAHJ71

Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I like them/the idea.

Then again I was one of the few who liked the red reverse retros ... different strokes I guess :laugh:

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I like them/the idea.

Then again I was one of the few who liked the red reverse retros ... different strokes I guess :laugh:

Replace all the blue with black and it'd be fine. Maybe even cool. From a distance (like on TV) I don't even think you'll be able to distinguish the blue from the black.

But a good reminder that this is 100% subjective, to each their own!

Reactions: MAHJ71

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'd like for us to incorporate the powder blue (typical seen on the pants of the Union Army uniforms) into our 3rd jersey scheme.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I'm not a fan of the Reverse Retros at all. These mandatory league-wide alt uniform programs never produce good stuff.

MAHJ71

Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Teasers?! Cmonnnnn. Just release the damn thing already so I can love it and everybody else can hate it :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Monk

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

Yikes, worse than I thought. Really dislike that shade of blue, but who knows maybe it looks better in game action.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Yikes, worse than I thought. Really dislike that shade of blue, who knows maybe it looks better in-game action.

At least you may be able to actually distinguish the blue from the black, as opposed to the first leak we saw. Still, pretty fugly imo.

EDIT: It's growing on me.

Last edited:
Reactions: LJ7

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario

Yikes, worse than I thought. Really dislike that shade of blue, but who knows maybe it looks better in game action.

Actually the opposite for me.... didn't like the concepts we saw earlier, but I don't mind this with that shade of blue.
A bit surprised they're keeping those shoulder patches, not sure why....
But who am I kidding, I was going to get one anyways, have to keep the collection going.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You shouldn't bottle up your emotions; just tell us what you really feel! ;)
Okay, I'll do that right now. See below. ;)

* * *​

I don't know what you're talking about. I love these. They are beautiful and amazing and wonderful and glorious and I love them forever.

Of course, I also was obsessively in love with the original 3rds, so I may be biased. (They're kind of why I continue to give the logo a pass to this day, for example.)

And I can get why some people might go "groan, another majority black, and that's the wrong shade of blue", and I understand those complaints... but to my eye, that is clearly a Blue Jackets jersey, as opposed to the Columbus Capitals nonsense we had before. I would be able to live with that as a main.

Reactions: CBJx614

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Actually the opposite for me.... didn't like the concepts we saw earlier, but I don't mind this with that shade of blue.
I don't know what you're talking about. I love these. They are beautiful and amazing and wonderful and glorious and I love them forever.
Different strokes, I understand.

But no, I don't like adding new colors that have nothing to do with original unis and only makes it visually more complex. It's like putting pink stars on the sleeves instead of white ones.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Different strokes, I understand.

But no, I don't like adding new colors that have nothing to do with original unis and only makes it visually more complex. It's like putting pink stars on the sleeves instead of white ones.
In principle it's something I would want to avoid as well. But I think this case works extremely well in practice.

MAHJ71

Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Oooooook ... on first glance I hate that shade of blue.

But give me a few hours, or maybe days... and I'm sure it will have grown on me :laugh:

EDIT: not even 10 minutes... gave it another glance.. yep, that blue is looking better by second.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJx614 and Monk

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
On further review, I think removing the red stripes was what took it from the concept's "meh, don't care for it" to the actual thing's "I WANT TO HAVE ITS BABIES" for me.

Yes, I'm weird. Can't rationally explain why the reaction's that strong. Just that it's there.
...and that it's also the correct reaction and anyone who dares voice any disagreement will be severely punished. :nod:
trouble.gif

;)

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I don’t hate it. To me it looks like a variation of a Blue Jackets jersey, not a variation of a Capitals jersey, so it is a million times better than the red monstrosities they came up with last time.

View attachment 595965

Tried to merge cannon on it, just for fun...

That is much better! Maybe change the black to the darker blue of the third jerseys and with the third jersey socks they would look really sharp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad