How soon before we see a Jersey/ Logo rebrand?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Maybe that's what its missing. Looks 10x better with the cannon. Kinda also helps the blue flow better in general. Wait, what the hell did I just type???

I think it's because the flag logo has no black whatsoever in it, so it looks out of place because it's in this field of black to which it doesn't relate. The cannon has splashes of black here and there for shadow and depth, so it looks more anchored to the huge field of black. Def like the cannon version better, but the black torso is still not for me.

Reactions: MAHJ71

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I don't hate them, but I can't help but instantly think thrashers when I see them.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
View attachment 595965

Tried to merge cannon on it, just for fun...
Personally, I think this just highlights to me why I don't like the cannon logo. It's just a circle with a cannon and a ribbon that says Columbus Blue Jackets. There's nothing particularly innovative or clever about it.

I don't mind a cannon as the main logo, but to me it should be a cohesive, simple design rather than having the elements of a logo just present and independent. Plus, the circle logo definitely makes it look like a shoulder patch instead of a crest.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I'm not crazy about going to the alternate color scheme full time. I do not want to see the Jakcets become hockey's version of the Cavs (50+ years and still haven't nailed down a color scheme - although some variation of wine and gold is starting to become a constant).

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I have seen a coule of people say it looks like a Thrashers jersey. I guess it could look like a Thrashers concept reverse retro, kind of. The Thrashers had a darker color on the top of one shoulder and one arm, not on both arms and wider at the shoulders like the Jackets.

1666279775652.png

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Looking through these. I think most of these look pretty solid. I can't say that more than a couple across the league look hideous.

Reactions: LJ7

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Thrashers definitely came to mind for me as well. Didn’t like their jerseys then and don’t like these jerseys now.

Glad Adidas will be NHL jersey history after 23-24.

EDIT: THN ranks them in the ‘unwearable tier’:

Last edited:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I don't see the Thrashers similarity, besides the blue - but other teams have used light blue also.

In any event, I've already ordered one of these. Just had to.

Reactions: MAHJ71

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The team that blew it was Seattle. The first American team to win the Stanley Cup was the Seattle Metropolitans. They could have gone that route, but they didn’t.

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
The list is invalidated by Florida anywhere in the top 25. I expect to see Will Farrell sporting is as Jackie Moon in Semi-Pro 2: Frozen Assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad