Value of: How can Nashville snag Suzuki from Montreal?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dtown77

Dec 29, 2005
What am I missing here.. outlandish trade offers are acceptable in what he is asking for. It's not a difficult question to answer. What's the minimum you'll take for the guy? Everybody has a price.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
What am I missing here.. outlandish trade offers are acceptable in what he is asking for. It's not a difficult question to answer. What's the minimum you'll take for the guy? Everybody has a price.
He’s not available. He’s 23. Montreals captain, thier 1C and locked up for 7 years. So yeah it would take an outlandish offer to get him.

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
At the draft, if Montreal has a center they like, what would they like from Nashville for Nick Suzuki?
Honestly, you'd be taking one of the worst contracts in the league off their hands, so anything should do.

He's a fine, mediocre second line center who's overpaid by roughly four million, so throw out any kind of offer and a wise GM would take it.

Saku Koivu was better then Suzuki will ever be.
Exactly. Suzuki is yet another second line center forced into a first line role in the long tradition of Koivu, Pleky, and Gomez with the first two being distinctly superior to him.

He’s not available. He’s 23. Montreals captain, thier 1C and locked up for 7 years. So yeah it would take an outlandish offer to get him.
God, if Suzuki is Montreal's answer to the number one center position, they had better be ready for another wasted decade.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Honestly, you'd be taking one of the worst contracts in the league off their hands, so anything should do.

He's a fine, mediocre second line center who's overpaid by roughly four million, so throw out any kind of offer and a wise GM would take it.

Exactly. Suzuki is yet another second line center forced into a first line role in the long tradition of Koivu, Pleky, and Gomez with the first two being distinctly superior to him.

God, if Suzuki is Montreal's answer to the number one center position, they had better be ready for another wasted decade.
You think at 23 he’s done developing? Their core is just coming into firm. Maybe have a bit of patience before deciding what his entire career is destined to be. He played with AHL call ups due to injuries for much of the season and still put up career numbers

dtown77

Dec 29, 2005
How about Yaroslav Askarov, Philip Tomasino, Joakim Kemell, 2023 15th and 24th over all picks FOR Suzuki and 2023 7th round pick and a paper bag with 6 hockey pucks in it. Would that do it for you?

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
How about Yaroslav Askarov, Philip Tomasino, Joakim Kemell, 2023 15th and 24th over all picks FOR Suzuki and 2023 7th round pick and a paper bag with 6 hockey pucks in it. Would that do it for you?

Certainly outlandish

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Yeah, he had a very middling year this year. People are acting like he’s elite.
He played a large part of the season playing with AHL call-up on the top line with him and still managed career numbers. He’s literally the only Canadien thst managed a full 82 game season. He’s not elite. But he’s very good at 23 and has room to grow and it’s the team

Reactions: CTHabsfan

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Suzuki is probably the only untouchable on the team.

It took this team 30 plus years to get a decent Center... the last one being Damphousse ffs!

The only players I see being traded are of the defensive variety.
Caufield is more untouchable than Suzuki. Caufield has the potential to be one of the premier goal scorers in the league, elite potential. Suzuki is a good young player, but he’s probably more of a 2C during his prime. Regardless, the Preds don’t have the assets to acquire him.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Nashville doesn’t have the assets to pry the 70th leading scorer out of Montreal?

Okay then…
None that make sense for MTL. That’s the distinction. MTL is a rebuilding team, and would be interested in high picks, blue-chip prospects, or premium young roster players. The established veterans that NSH has, while valuable, aren’t of any interest, and wouldn’t help MTL with their current situation. But sure, you can look at it strictly in terms of value without any context in order to make snarky comments, if that’s your thing (clearly it is).

Lol, Suzuki only had 7 more points this year in 15 more games.
So what. Josi makes no sense for MTL, none of your players do.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Montreal's early into a rebuild and Suzuki is the only player we have that's a proven top 6 center. Even if we were to get Carlsson at the draft I don't see any way management would be looking to move Suzuki.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Askarov and 4 1sts
Habs, on their side, have no reason to move their young appreciated Captain,

it'd need to be a ridiculously irresistible overpay
which, of course, would not be worth it for Preds

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Nashville doesn’t have the assets to pry the 70th leading scorer out of Montreal?

Okay then…
Of course they do. I mean I think they do in terms of value for value but in terms of making sense for The Habs, Im not so sure. They are starting to come out of the tear down and are building. Why would they trade their 23 year old captain for futures when they might be a bubble team as early as this year?

Seems like a step backwards if you ask me.

Oh and sure he is the 70th leading scorer in the league last year. Thats pretty good when you play with AHL guys most of the year...

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Suzuki and his career best 66 points hasn’t established that yet.
It doesn't matter. He is the captain, the leader, presumably respected by the players and buddies with Caufield. And helps develop the prospects (at least the ones that see time on his line). He is a cornerstone so it would require a big overpay to get HuGo's attention.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
The problem here is that theres a big gap between Suzuki and the next best C on the Habs.

Then theres the whole rebuild thing. The best assets on the Preds just dont fit the puzzle, unless Im forgetting some younger studs.

How good is Fabbro on D? Because the only way it makes senae is upgradimg the D and hoping we acquire a C on the cheap ala PLD hopium rumours. Something around Fabbro and Forsberg vs Suzuki + ??? Maybe?

I believe the 5th OA would be more easily obtainable tbh.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Askarov, Kemmell and the 2023 15th might do it and that is probably what HuGo would want for him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He has yet to prove that hes a #1C so I wouldn't overpay for him.

His production is at 2C levels and while he may have the potential to be a bonafide #1C... hes not as of today.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

His production is at 2C levels and while he may have the potential to be a bonafide #1C... hes not as of today.
Was above PPG until our only other good offensive player went down.
Not a lot of players in the NHL can be PPG with no support

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014

No worries. Not moving him so what you’d pay is irrelevant

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I don't really think there's interest from either side. Habs don't want to move him and like his age, commitment to the team, and untapped upside. Nashville fans don't feel like he's some missing piece that is going to make us a contender that dictates overpaying.

I think we agree to part ways in this thread and live to fight another day.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
It doesn't matter. He is the captain, the leader, presumably respected by the players and buddies with Caufield. And helps develop the prospects (at least the ones that see time on his line). He is a cornerstone so it would require a big overpay to get HuGo's attention.
That doesn’t make him a legit top line center yet.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
What it boils down too is it wouldn't make sense for either team. Both are in the process of doing the same thing so swapping one teams young guys for the others seems silly.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019

I see the Sarcasm here but Koivu was better then Gomez and Plecky. Much, much better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad