Value of: How can Nashville snag Suzuki from Montreal?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Thank you for that
A more plausible scenario has Suzuki getting hammered at La Cage, and stumbles to the Bell Center then relieves himself on Jean Beliveau's statue (and is caught on camera).

The fallout results in the Habs trading Suzuki to Nashville...

• Haha
Reactions: Coffees

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
DN6C7S0UIAAp_Q_.jpg

you're right. looks like a Habs fan

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I'm part of the PLD not a need crew. (aka Habs are better off being patient crew).

Part of the more sensible group of Habs fans that knows now is not the time to trade for PLD.
It is if the Habs management envision PLD being part of their future, they should try and make a play for him. I am not convinced PLD takes another low AAV 1-year contract to help save the Habs some assets.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It is if the Habs management envision PLD being part of their future, they should try and make a play for him. I am not convinced PLD takes another low AAV 1-year contract to help save the Habs some assets.
You are like a broken record. Refusing to listen.

Habs management have Suzuki/Dach and with Dach's breakout offensive season, have no reason to trade for PLD now. They are better off seeing what they have in Dach. I mean, they traded Romanov and a pick to get Dach. And they made that trade when there were rumors of PLD being available.

Habs have made their decision and have zero reason to trade for PLD. The smart move is to be patient and evaluate the need in a year's time.

On top of that, they may draft a bluechip C at 5OA which would all but eliminate PLD as a Hab (unless its as a UFA at a discount. Unlikely).

What part of that is hard to understand?

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
You are like a broken record. Refusing to listen.

Habs management have Suzuki/Dach and with Dach's breakout offensive season, have no reason to trade for PLD now. They are better off seeing what they have in Dach. I mean, they traded Romanov and a pick to get Dach. And they made that trade when there were rumors of PLD being available.

Habs have made their decision and have zero reason to trade for PLD. The smart move is to be patient and evaluate the need in a year's time.

On top of that, they may draft a bluechip C at 5OA which would all but eliminate PLD as a Hab (unless its as a UFA at a discount. Unlikely).

What part of that is hard to understand?

I expressed my last post as “if the Habs management envision PLD being part of their future”. It’s not what I believe the Habs should do.

I actually don’t disagree with your position at all.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I expressed my last post as “if the Habs management envision PLD being part of their future”. It’s not what I believe the Habs should do.

I actually don’t disagree with your position at all.
If the Habs envisage PLD being part of their future, the envisaging would take place next offseason.

Right now, the Habs envisage Dach as part of their longterm future and they signed him to a team friendly contract (3 more years at 3.3MAAV and still a RFA at the end of it). I don't think PLD is in the picture at all.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Nothing that would make sense for either team

Saros plus Novak

Or

Josi for Suzuki plus something

That’s what I think his value would be somewhere at
No to both of those. Those pieces obviously have value, but they don’t make sense for a rebuilding team like MTL. High picks/blue-chip prospects/premium young roster players are the only assets that could get Suzuki out of MTL. It doesn’t seem like NSH has much in the way of those, so that pretty much ends any discussion.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
No to both of those. Those pieces obviously have value, but they don’t make sense for a rebuilding team like MTL. High picks/blue-chip prospects/premium young roster players are the only assets that could get Suzuki out of MTL. It doesn’t seem like NSH has much in the way of those, so that pretty much ends any discussion.
I feel like Montreal and Nashville are largely in the same place.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Just isn't happening. He's the captain. He has undeniable chemistry with their best goal scorer. It remains to be seen whether or not the club thinks Dach is capable of being a center long term. I think he is, but he's also very good on the wing.

If Smith lands in Montreal's lap, they take him and run. If it's Michkov, they take him and wait until his contract is up.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Suzuki for Josi.
I think any Preds fan would do this. Obviously Josi is a much more prominent player, but he’s older and has a concussion history that may further affect his longevity. He also has an NMC that makes everything moot, however.

I wouldn’t pursue Suzuki for the Preds. We have 3 young centers in Novak, Parssinen, and Glass. Let’s see what they can do in a full season.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
If the deal makes sense, it will happen.

Not sure why you guys are acting like Predators don’t have assets.

But anwyay, that’s cool. I understand your perspective
sure let's have fun, but context. Habs have sucked at centre for 3 decades. They finally had C depth on their cup run only to have Bergevin blow it up.
They finally have a guy who easily projects as a 70-80 pt C. He had 66 with awful line mates for half the year and is locked up to a good deal through his prime for 7 more years.
I suspect Habs will try and draft another C in Smith and maybe trade for PLD.
There's also Dach. Even with extra C's on the roster, they'll just move guys to the wing before ever considering trading guys like Suzuki.
He's 23, he's not even close to his prime and habs are dealing him?
For what? someone who might become him?
The habs have a very deep pool but no elite prospects except maybe
Hutson. The 5th OA addresses that concern.
you're going to need to blow Hughes out of the water in any deal.

And no, Askarov isn't going to get it done

Last edited:
Reactions: Coffees

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad