U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I think posters from smaller countries just try to keep it civil, why spread hate here or something
I've always felt hate has been a wonderful motivator to get me out of bed in the morning. But then again, I'm in that immature group I just mentioned.

Exactly. Fun, right?
Very, I live for these games.

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
lol...........really?

Any hockey message board i;ve been on it's been the exact opposite and they tend to support each other.

Could it really be possible that perhaps for the first time in history hockey fans are more mature then the general public?
There's really no need to make a big drama out of fb posts. The Czechs and Slovaks parted peacefully, and to this day there is an above-standard, absolutely unusually good relationship between them. Of course, those types of people who try to stir up emotions appear on the discussions. But it's nothing major.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Another idiotic IIHF rule. If the goalie is hit in the mask it shouldn't matter where the puck goes from there (unless it goes into the net).

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Switzerland only had 1 out of 4 games broadcasted meanwhile Czechia had 4 out of 4
In fairness... it will be 5 out of 5 for us as we get this match and the bronze match tomorrow! Or, things going exceedlingly well, and gold match.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Was hoping they wouldn't use a 'friendly' against Finland to determine the lineup but they did.. Poletin off line 1. I don't like it to be honest. Does give us a nice second line but I would've kept Poletin on line 1 for the familiarity.

Not the end of the world and maybe this helps Pekar score or Zahesky takes the opportunity and goes with it.

Pavlik on line 3 is a nice luxury.

Right goalie.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Anyone know what the Czech p.p % has been?

Sweden played hellish physical against us but it can boomerang on you and get you into penalty trouble too depending on the day.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Anyone know what the Czech p.p % has been?

Sweden played hellish physical against us but it can boomerang on you and get you into penalty trouble too depending on the day.
For several decades now.. they always play us beautifully!

No controversies
Just beat us clean with beautiful and tactical hockey.
Usually a few PP goals too

I do feel this matchup is closer than our usual matchups. I think they are better but I do feel we have a chance.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
For several decades now.. they always play us beautifully!

No controversies
Just beat us clean with beautiful and tactical hockey.
Usually a few PP goals too

I do feel this matchup is closer than our usual matchups. I think they are better but I do feel we have a chance.
I think you've got a decent chance today, definitely will be a tight win if it happens though.

Very much looking forward to it and I hope the game lives up to my hopes....because I am being torn away from womens beach volleyball here for this one.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad