U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
This is silly talk. I appeared on TSN and Sportsnet radio stations throughout the country for six years until I put an end to it. Half my subscribers are Canadian and more Canadians buy my annual draft report than anyone else.

Hockey Canada is open for criticism beyond the criminal stuff, specifically the monopoly and bidding process for where the WJC is hosted every year and hijacking the Hlinka for monetary purposes. Doesn't mean I hate Canada. I mean, get a grip lol.
Come on. Do you not know that Canadians are sensitive flowers and any mild criticism of anything Canadian in a hockey context is just “hate” as they cannot imagine anyone legitimately possibly ever thinking they are not completely perfect, and need to be worshipped by everyone because they are the best team? Surely you know that by now? Just look at the excuses people make when you gently point out that nobody turns up to the Hlinka in Canada and it is sold out every year in the Czech Republic, and making it a Hlinka - Gretzky thing was a mistake that should be reversed?

That said, I have not actually looked at your posts so don’t know how “anti-Canadian” you are or are not. But I do know that they are the most sensitive of flowers who should be free to criticise everyone else, but any criticism of Canada is hate.

• Wow
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Come on. Do you not know that Canadians are sensitive flowers and any mild criticism of anything Canadian in a hockey context is just “hate” as they cannot imagine anyone legitimately possibly ever thinking they are not completely perfect, and need to be worshipped by everyone because they are the best team? Surely you know that by now? Just look at the excuses people make when you gently point out that nobody turns up to the Hlinka in Canada and it is sold out every year in the Czech Republic, and making it a Hlinka - Gretzky thing was a mistake that should be reversed?

That said, I have not actually looked at your posts so don’t know how “anti-Canadian” you are or are not. But I do know that they are the most sensitive of flowers who should be free to criticise everyone else, but any criticism of Canada is hate.
lol pot meet kettle

Reactions: jj cale

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Hockey Canada is corrupt I've been saying it years they stole WJC gold from Finland with biased refs

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

I highly doubt selling out means anything to anyone. Advertising dollars is all that matters to broadcasters.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
It just had to turn out this way didn't it?

With Canada, win or lose...........It's time to pound on them.

Thank God we beat everyone more then they beat us.............it allows for far greater satisfaction on our side.

Winning always trumps how they get their kicks.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Okay so Finland loses 3 first games and scores a total of 3 goals in them, coach comments that "We need to defend better."

Okay, makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad