News Article: Johnny Gaudreau and brother Matthew Killed by Drunk Driver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Oh man… Very sad…

Edit - The final post on page 13. What the heck…

We’re all thinking of you, Johnny & Matt. Godspeed to you both.

Thanks for posting, but I couldn’t bring myself to watch it. Just so sad. And unfortunately it’s something that thousands of non celebrity ordinary families go thru every year as well.

Reasonable Oil Fan

NO KOOL AID PLEASE!!
Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
The Philly CBS affiliate has the whole service on line
Meredith’s eulogy is very nice, it’s a long eulogy but she did a great job
And
The very end with his parents at the hearses is incredibly heartbreaking

Reactions: oilers'72

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
So weird and bittersweet to think those unborn babies are certainly going to be watching a lot of this stuff years from now, just piecing together an impression of their fathers. It’s sad but also they’ll be proud of the impact their fathers had

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
The Philly CBS affiliate has the whole service on line
Meredith’s eulogy is very nice, it’s a long eulogy but she did a great job
And
The very end with his parents at the hearses is incredibly heartbreaking
Seeing their parents made me so sad.. I couldn't imagine the grief they are feeling. I wish them all the strength in the world

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Sigh. I thinK i saw he was only just barely over the limit too. Not sure you can even blame alcohol. I think this guy was just another a-hole driving like an raging maniac.

PO'd thinking that the guy he wanted to pass was blocking him from passing on the left (actually the person in front was just innocently trying to go around the Gaudreau's biking) and absolutely gunned it around the right side right into the brothers.

There are really no excuses available to this guy. Garbage driving in a rage. Only a matter of time before he did something like this. Should never be allowed to drive again, if/when he is even free again.

Reactions: oilers'72

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Sigh. I thinK i saw he was only just barely over the limit too. Not sure you can even blame alcohol. I think this guy was just another a-hole driving like an raging maniac.

PO'd thinking that the guy he wanted to pass was blocking him from passing on the left (actually the person in front was just innocently trying to go around the Gaudreau's biking) and absolutely gunned it around the right side right into the brothers.

There are really no excuses available to this guy. Garbage driving in a rage. Only a matter of time before he did something like this. Should never be allowed to drive again, if/when he is even free again.
He sounds like a dick, his wife's comments prove it. But he was above the impaired level and should be punished extra for it.

Reactions: oilers'72 and oobga

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He sounds like a dick, his wife's comments prove it. But he was above the impaired level and should be punished extra for it.

For sure. I don't mean to say he should be excused for anything. I just meant that his driving decision that lead to this disaster were likely something he would have done drunk or sober. It sucks that ppl like this are out there and the only way they are finally taken off the road is after they cause a disaster. You can only hope they don't hurt someone in the process.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
For sure. I don't mean to say he should be excused for anything. I just meant that his driving decision that lead to this disaster were likely something he would have done drunk or sober. It sucks that ppl like this are out there and the only way they are finally taken off the road is after they cause a disaster. You can only hope they don't hurt someone in the process.
If you haven't read what his wife said to him on the phone, you should look for it. She told him he was probably driving like he always does or something like that.

Reactions: oobga and oilers'72

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
If you haven't read what his wife said to him on the phone, you should look for it. She told him he was probably driving like he always does or something like that.

"Flynn also relayed a telephone conversation Higgins had with his wife from prison after his arrest in which she said: “I told you before not to do that stuff. You were probably driving like a nut like I told you not to do.” The prosecutor added that Higgins was suicidal after the incident and had a “clear intent to self-harm over the regret of what happened.”

Reactions: oobga and timekeep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad