Post-Game Talk: Heritage Classic: Canucks lose 4-2 to the Senators - Blame The Closed Roof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I don't buy it. Losing in the final didn't seem to break Crosby or Malkin and the Pens.

I think it was the way in which the Canucks lost in the final. It was downright shameful in every sense of the word, the way they only scored 8 goals in 7 games, the way they completely folded and succumbed to the Bruins' physicality like cowards, and the way they ultimately lost the all important game 7 4-0. It was quite possibly the worst SCF ever and definitely one of the worst Game 7's.

Easy to see how the SCF loss destroyed this organization.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Daniel mashed his knee and then it swelled up. He's gone for weeks.

Gilman's remarks were revealing. I wonder what he'd say, now?

Tortorella has to be an angry man with his team. Coach anger is one possible explanation of the starter, today. Pulling the goalie so early is another symptom. He can't shake up this team, Gillis needs to do it. Sedin on LTR is possibly useful, in a gruesome way.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I'm not blaming Luongo for anything this season. I have to preface this statement with it first so people don't come after me with pitchforks.

I think it will be good to get rid of him. I think that because he was what this team was built around, was captain, all the drama llama surrounding the whole situation. He wears a lot of (probably undeserved) blame for the Boston loss but that's how it is. The Twitter stuff is funny, but it also can be damaging.

He's technically a core member and he's been around forever. Shedding the whole cluster**** of that situation might be cleansing in a weird way for the team. I suppose Gillis thought he was accomplishing that with trading Schneider but then Lack became really good really fast and we're just back at square one.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I'd be open to move Gillis to president and bringing in a fresh face as GM who doesn't give a **** about NTCs or know the players on this team and care about them from past dealings. It's time to sell hard and clean out torts, old baggage, issues, drama llama and losing hangovers. Aim for some 2014/2015 picks, fresh faces, fresh ideas, young guys with some speed.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Daniel mashed his knee and then it swelled up. He's gone for weeks.

Gilman's remarks were revealing. I wonder what he'd say, now?

Tortorella has to be an angry man with his team. Coach anger is one possible explanation of the starter, today. Pulling the goalie so early is another symptom. He can't shake up this team, Gillis needs to do it. Sedin on LTR is possibly useful, in a gruesome way.

What did Gilman say?

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I'd be open to move Gillis to president and bringing in a fresh face as GM who doesn't give a **** about NTCs or know the players on this team and care about them from past dealings. It's time to sell hard.

trevorlinden4Gm it worked for Colorado

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Ho Sang, couldn't hurt to have more dynamic wingers.

Top 10 isn't a realistic spot for this team to be drafting though. More like 8 to 18, considering there's still a small chance of the playoffs. You can't really "go for a top 10 pick" when you have a shot at the playoffs. Although it's not like the Canucks play is convincing of that fact.

without daniel and if Kes is dealt im guessing the rest of the players pack it in. its like team canada losing in the semi finals or any championship. team will get deflated and what exactly do they have to play for??? wouldnt surprise me to see the bottom completely fall out if Kesler is dealt.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
...what does that even mean? Have you been reading these boards, reading the papers or just observing the general buzz of Vancouver? I don't think there is many people that put much stock in this Canucks team right now.

He doesn't get to sound condescending and self righteous by actually paying attention to whats going on around him. You can almost see how wonderful he thinks he is. "I'm the only one who knew"

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Yup me too, which is why it doesn't bother me so much since I've been expecting this.

For a guy who claims to not be bothered by it, you've been telling people an awful lot about it. I'm surprised you aren't an Oilers fan already.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
What did Gilman say?

I like gilman but he said this year was an anomaly.

I mean you could make a case, but we have been making that case since 2011. Stanely cup hangover, lockout, anomaly. At some point the on ice chemistry needs to change.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If Gillis doesn't start the rebuild at this upcoming deadline, he's lost me.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I like gilman but he said this year was an anomaly.

I mean you could make a case, but we have been making that case since 2011. Stanely cup hangover, lockout, anomaly. At some point the on ice chemistry needs to change.

I don't know of you can say its an anomaly... Hasn't this been the norm for the last few seasons?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad