Post-Game Talk: Heritage Classic: Canucks lose 4-2 to the Senators - Blame The Closed Roof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Prediction: Gillis trades Richardson and Diaz for mid round picks on Wednesday.... claims the deals will help the team for the future... sticking with the core... blames injuries.... preaches patience.... :cry:

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Prediction: Gillis trades Richardson and Diaz for mid round picks on Wednesday.... claims the deals will help the team for the future... sticking with the core... blames injuries.... preaches patience.... :cry:

I am ready for a firesale.. I would prefer as many 1st rounders in the next 2 years as possible specifically next year.. I hope we can make a strong push for Sam Reinhart at this years draft

Wetcoaster

[nhl]565998[/nhl]

[nhl]565967[/nhl]

[nhl]565970[/nhl]

[nhl]565973[/nhl]

[nhl]565972[/nhl]

[nhl]565963[/nhl]

[nhl]566008[/nhl]

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Had decent seats and still found myself watching the jumbotron most of the time.

Game was snooze fest and lucky I got a good night's sleep otherwise could have nodded off. Whole event looked like a one-off and doubtful they could ever get anything like this off the ground again -especially considering ticket prices. People came, saw, sullenly walked away.

Starting Lack was always questionable and kinda blew up in Torts face. Never seemed to be creating any offense anyhow so probably didn't matter.

Seemed like Burrows played better but now seems possible now for him to end the season without a goal.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
I am ready for a firesale.. I would prefer as many 1st rounders in the next 2 years as possible specifically next year.. I hope we can make a strong push for Sam Reinhart at this years draft

That would be great.... but Gillis doesn't have the ballz to do it. he is going to claim that the deals "didn't make sense" for the team and "didn't want to risk the future" by making any bold moves...

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
What happened to daniel? he got cheap shotted by methot?

Not really a cheapshot. Methot went to rub him out, Daniel lost his balance and kind of did the splits into the boards. Seemed to be gripping his hamstring while he was on the ice - the way he had to be helped to the dressing rooms sure didn't look good.

John Bender*

Had decent seats and still found myself watching the jumbotron most of the time.

Game was snooze fest and lucky I got a good night's sleep otherwise could have nodded off. Whole event looked like a one-off and doubtful they could ever get anything like this off the ground again -especially considering ticket prices. People came, saw, sullenly walked away.

Starting Lack was always questionable and kinda blew up in Torts face. Never seemed to be creating any offense anyhow so probably didn't matter.

Seemed like Burrows played better but now seems possible now for him to end the season without a goal.

Good post. I think the Canucks organization is really approaching a crisis state. The team is imploding and even worse, the fan base has really given up on them. Apathy is becoming the main sentiment towards the team. Soon, it will be easy to get tickets and the team will have real trouble getting people to come out to their games.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
well the player post game comment are saying the right thing that injuries is not excuse and must find an way to overcome it.......just need to implement it

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Good post. I think the Canucks organization is really approaching a crisis state. The team is imploding and even worse, the fan base has really given up on them. Apathy is becoming the main sentiment towards the team. Soon, it will be easy to get tickets and the team will have real trouble getting people to come out to their games.

I wouldn't call the fan base apathetic yet, more pessimistic and disillusioned. They were booing Lack and calling for Lou, lots of opinions around the boards and call in shows etc. I think a lot of the casual fans have jumped off the bandwagon though. Just us crazies left.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn't call the fan base apathetic yet, more pessimistic and disillusioned. They were booing Lack and calling for Lou, lots of opinions around the boards and call in shows etc. I think a lot of the casual fans have jumped off the bandwagon though. Just us crazies left.

its perfectly fair.

after a decade plus of building, we finally had all the pieces in place, perhaps for the first time in franchise history. We came within an ace of winning it all in 2011 in a brutally contested final that featured a team getting away with more than we've seen in a long time, coupled by a media smear campaign on an unprecedented level. All of which added up to a crushing defeat that was mitigated only by the thought that the core was locked up and all the pieces remained in place to remain elite and to be back for more shots at the big prize. Fast forward a year and the surprise of getting steamrolled by a hot LA team made it a bit more difficult to rationalize the narrative, then after another year and no more playoff success the faithful were really getting tested. Now here we are yet another year later and a new coach, a near-.500 record and even an apparent new goalie controversy, and the obvious can no longer be avoided, this core is broken.

The fans have every right to be upset at this point. I know I am overly negative right now, but the fact that on top of everything else we're slapped Luongo around again -- effectively F'ing with the one thing that wasn't F'd up this year -- and with that pathetic effort last night, blowing yet another lead, feeling like the tunnel is pretty dark right now. Feeling like we're flirting with that no-playoffs / crappy draft position we've circled around for too much of this franchise's history.

I for one have watched every game since Center Ice was available (and as many as were avail before that since the late 80s), but right now i find myself fast-forwarding through most of these games ... can't really keep doing this.

Rant over, back to your regularly scheduled, less depressing programming.

PRNuck

May 20, 2009
Calgary
Ugh, Calgary radio having a good laugh at Vancouver's expense this morning >< Why do I still listen to radio???

brownbello

May 6, 2009
Powell River
Did anyone hear Pat Quinn's comment when shaking the '94 teams hand?? I believe it was McLean saying something to the effect of "Careful, don't slip" or something as Pat was walking on the ice, and Quinn replies "Don't worry I'm not Hitchcock, I can get back up"

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
I'm finished with this core. With the exception of Tanev, Kassian, Hamhuis, Lack, and our prospects, I want it blown up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad