Post-Game Talk: Heritage Classic: Canucks lose 4-2 to the Senators - Blame The Closed Roof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
The travesty will lie in the return. Just you wait.

But seriously, what's the alternative? Keep him for two more seasons and watch him walk for nothing? Trade him as an upcoming UFA before then for a fraction of what he can get now? That "travesty" of a return will never get better than it will be come Wednesday.

John Bender*

I would quite honestly love to see this team lose out every game from here. I am much more interested in a good draft pick than wins.

bure 96

Sep 6, 2013
If Daniel is injured for any considerable period of time this season is definitely over.

LOL, as if Daniel has been doing anything positive over the last 22 games. This might actually improve the team because it takes him off Henrik's line and Kesler onto the "1st line".

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
What chances? Henrik looks beyond slow out there. He's always a step behind the play and has 0 impact on anything.

I thought Hank looked great out there, the whole Sedin-Burrows line until Danny went down looked strong. Some good jump, chances and persistence... I was expecting some Sedinery.

Then Danny went down and it all went to ****.

So... any word? Look like a torn groin/hamstring to me... maybe even a hip.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
It really does seem like a pretty symbolic loss doesn't it? The last big game that this core will play and they went out with a whimper. Losing in the Finals completely broke this franchise from top to bottom.

Deadline will be very interesting, I expect a lot of changes.

I don't buy it. Losing in the final didn't seem to break Crosby or Malkin and the Pens.

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
I'm excited about the future, guys.
Screw this year. It was lost from the moment Gillis failed to "re-tool" anything in the offseason.

Now begins the real re-tooling.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Called it in the offseason that we'd miss the playoffs, Canucks have shown a clear decline since the cup finals, many didn't want to believe it and the few who called this got crap on here but told yeah so ****ers hahaha honestly not even mad losing is expected now with this team. Trades have to happen now and we'll get worse but if the trades are made right and this team improves it drafting then we should make a come back in a few season, sometimes you have to take a step backwards to get better and this is where we're at.

Yup me too, which is why it doesn't bother me so much since I've been expecting this.

Butcher

Dec 7, 2013
LOL, as if Daniel has been doing anything positive over the last 22 games. This might actually improve the team because it takes him off Henrik's line and Kesler onto the "1st line".

As noted in the game thread, that just means that teams will shift defensive assignments to cover who they see as the greater scoring threat. Regardless of production, the Sedins have still been facing the top shut down pairs. Losing Daniel hurts the team.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
I don't buy it. Losing in the final didn't seem to break Crosby or Malkin and the Pens.

What does that have to do with this Canuck team? They aren't the Pens and they have been on a downward slide since the Finals, which has accelerated quickly this season. That loss just ruined everything: Players lost confidence, coach lost confidence, Gillis tried to turn them into Bruins 2.0. It's been misstep after misstep since the loss.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
if we going for top 10 pick.....which player can help us in 2014 draft?

Ho Sang, couldn't hurt to have more dynamic wingers.

Top 10 isn't a realistic spot for this team to be drafting though. More like 8 to 18, considering there's still a small chance of the playoffs. You can't really "go for a top 10 pick" when you have a shot at the playoffs. Although it's not like the Canucks play is convincing of that fact.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
The Nucks should have had a penalty on their second goal. Blaming the refs is stupid

What? Blame incompetence when it's there. The Sens had every reason to be pissed at the refs for that missed call as did the Canucks for about seven other stupid misses and weak penalty calls.

The reffing against this team has been worse than the general junk the rest of the league faces, and all of it needs to be fixed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad