Post-Game Talk: Heritage Classic: Canucks lose 4-2 to the Senators - Blame The Closed Roof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
If Burrows and Daniel could finish even a fraction of their chances Henrik would be at PPG pace.

If Henrik's wingers are not finishing, then he needs to take charge of that line. The other guys aren't paid to be 1Cs. He is. He has to lead, instead, he turned in a porous performance.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Has our passing always been that bad? Henrik was the only one not completely throwing grenades to his teammates out there.

I've noticed the play always dies on the stick of Booth, Richardson, Higgins, and Hansen. They can cycle, but they can't thread needles. It's awful out there.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
This team has become so frustrating to watch.. I was angry at first but now its time to fold it in

Tank it

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
What a crappy result. Not sure why fans want to trade guys like Kesler, Higgins and Hanson who have good contracts and actually score once in a while, when the Sedins, Burrows and Booth have huge hits and produce zero offense.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Called it in the offseason that we'd miss the playoffs, Canucks have shown a clear decline since the cup finals, many didn't want to believe it and the few who called this got crap on here but told yeah so ****ers hahaha honestly not even mad losing is expected now with this team. Trades have to happen now and we'll get worse but if the trades are made right and this team improves it drafting then we should make a come back in a few season, sometimes you have to take a step backwards to get better and this is where we're at.

PRNuck

May 20, 2009
Calgary
What a crappy result. Not sure why fans want to trade guys like Kesler, Higgins and Hanson who have good contracts and actually score once in a while, when the Sedins, Burrows and Booth have huge hits and produce zero offense.

I know right? Will the fans EVER turn on Booth??

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
It really does seem like a pretty symbolic loss doesn't it? The last big game that this core will play and they went out with a whimper. Losing in the Finals completely broke this franchise from top to bottom.

Deadline will be very interesting, I expect a lot of changes.

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
Canucks are where they should be. -16 GD right now.

Canucks are average in the west defensively and one of the worst in the league offensively. Team has a 16% chance of claiming a playoff spot.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
It really does seem like a pretty symbolic loss doesn't it? The last big game that this core will play and they went out with a whimper. Losing in the Finals completely broke this franchise from top to bottom.

I expect status quo.

PRNuck

May 20, 2009
Calgary

Yeah this game is a watershed moment for me. Torts and Gillis have completely lost me, I'm ready for a front office change.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Cause those players aren't necessarily getting younger, and these are players that at least hold some positive trade value. Don't see the point of keeping them around on a team that's heading into a rebuild, and yes, it will likely be a rebuild.

Booth and Burrows are waiver fodder right now and the Sedins are next to untradable right now with their contracts. May as well keep the Sedins around to mentor the up and coming prospects right? Cap space won't be an issue for a while now...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad