Post-Game Talk: Heritage Classic: Canucks lose 4-2 to the Senators - Blame The Closed Roof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BEERows

Mar 13, 2011
Abbotsford
How much more convincing do people need? THIS TEAM NEEDS TO BE BLOWN UP. Everyone but Kesler and Hamhuis should be fair game imo. We aren't going to be anywhere near a cup with this core. THE CORE IS THE PROBLEM SO A "RE-Tool" is NOT a viable option.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Lol how is this even defendable ?

@IanEsplen: Daniel/Hank/Burrows=22goals
Kesler=21goals
I think the problem in Vancouver is pretty obvious
#KeslerHasNoHelp

It's been like this for quite some time. The first line is MIA. What a joke. We just signed 2 of them to twin 7mill/year contracts. :biglaugh: This is why trading kesler will make me even more sick. We can get some young assets to retool, but the team will still suck with a 1st line that can't score a goal for the next few years.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Going by past trades, there's really no difference between trading players on contract at the trade deadline and trading them at the draft. Hell, could make a case for the draft returns being better.

I think you're right, but we still have some layers we can move at the deadline that would be very beneficial to some teams looking to push for the playoffs, or get stronger for the playoffs. I think now wouldn't be a bad time to trade Kesler because then the team acquiring him has him for at least three playoff runs.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
The Pens went through the same thing but it didn't stop them from going back to the SCF. Am I supposed to believe the Canucks suddenly don't give a damn about winning games anymore?

No, but this mentality has been there a long time. It's just now that everyone in the core has declined (which was inevitable) and they are ravaged with injuries, it is really coming to the fore.

The Pens have two generational talents on the same team. As much as I like the Sedins, they just don't compare to either Sid or Malkin and those guys are younger to boot. That's a lot of latitude to have when it comes to keeping the beat going on for a team.

I don't think we can afford a full rebuild. At the deadline and the draft we need to trade one defenceman, buy out Booth and trade Kesler (since the twins aren't going anywhere, who else are we going to trade?).

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary

Kesler=21goals
#KeslerHasNoHelp

Its sad really, and add up all the money between Sedins and Burrows for per goals and it's just ridiculous. Sedins are a problem and this new contract of theirs is going to hurt us.

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
How much more convincing do people need? THIS TEAM NEEDS TO BE BLOWN UP. Everyone but Kesler and Hamhuis should be fair game imo. We aren't going to be anywhere near a cup with this core. THE CORE IS THE PROBLEM SO A "RE-Tool" is NOT a viable option.

Sedins and Hamhuis actually I think.

Also probably wouldn't trade Burrows right now... just not worth anything.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Some of our depth players could be traded for valuable picks/assets too.. Higgins, Hansen, Richardson could be dealt at the deadline to a playoff team for that extra push.

damack

Jan 3, 2014

Kesler=21goals
#KeslerHasNoHelp

trade Kesler, he's making the other guys look bad

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011

Since Pittsburgh, who has done amazingly well by tanking?

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Why are people so emotionally invested in keeping Hamhuis? That guy has been terrible this year.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Re-tooling around broken down Sedins who could only get out of the second round one time in their very long primes is a recipe for disappointment. We need to start putting together the next core, we need young assets because these guys are never winning anything. They had so many chances, failed so many times.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
So it's an issue of team quality then, not mental makeup or whatever.

I honestly don't get what are driving at here, it's an entirely different group of players, with different mental make ups, that lost a series in completely different way.

What I'm saying, is that this group, from management to players, broke when they lost that Final. Call it whatever you like but that loss ruined the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad